Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

aye but he was playing senior league hurling for Armoy and then championship playing for Lgiel.

It sounds silly now but it was the norm for teams back then.

What year did that end and he wasnt allowed to play for Lgiel anymore?
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

It was funny that the only Armoy hurlers to transfer that year was top class forward and future all star Cute Mcfetridge. The rest stayed in Armoy.

Sleeping giant

What about that mc Grady lad that moved from Belfast to Cdall that there was so much hope for?  Or the Cdun lad that was a real good minor few years back.  Where did they ever go?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 15, 2016, 03:44:21 PM
What about that mc Grady lad that moved from Belfast to Cdall that there was so much hope for?  Or the Cdun lad that was a real good minor few years back.  Where did they ever go?

I think his parents had/have a house in C'Dall and he spent his summers there, St Brigids couldn't offer hurling. He was on the panel that beat St Galls last year I think.

What C'Dun lad? AS far as I'm aware there has been 6/7 lads from C'Dun, Glenravel & Glenarm who played minor for C'Dall when their "parent" club couldn't offer hurling but all returned home again when they came out of minor.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on January 15, 2016, 03:19:23 PM
It was funny that the only Armoy hurlers to transfer that year was top class forward and future all star Cute Mcfetridge. The rest stayed in Armoy.
I seem to recall a team from the glens trying to sign a young McCarry fella back in the day.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

down with that sort of thing!

Open the transfer map and make it within the rules! lol

We can start bidding now in Jan! :D

How much use want to Eddie SIE?  :)
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 15, 2016, 04:07:56 PM
down with that sort of thing!

Open the transfer map and make it within the rules! lol

We can start bidding now in Jan! :D

How much use want to Eddie SIE?  :)
he's priceless lad.  ;D

Sleeping giant

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 15, 2016, 03:53:38 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 15, 2016, 03:44:21 PM

I think his parents had/have a house in C'Dall and he spent his summers there, St Brigids couldn't offer hurling. He was on the panel that beat St Galls last year I think.

What C'Dun lad? AS far as I'm aware there has been 6/7 lads from C'Dun, Glenravel & Glenarm who played minor for C'Dall when their "parent" club couldn't offer hurling but all returned home again when they came out of minor.
a young lad that actually lives in loughgiel.   Begged high up and low down he was.   Nothing to do with parent club either.  This has happened all the bigger clubs at some stage.   And most clubs in Ireland would have loved Mr Mc Fetridge at the time.   It's still happening. Just maybe some players hadn't the same effect clute had

Sleeping giant

Dunloy with paddy Doc sure.  His first game ever against us he scored a goal and ran out kissing the badge.  I near got sick in my mouth!!!   It happens.  It's not for me.  But it happens

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on January 15, 2016, 04:13:27 PM
Dunloy with paddy Doc sure.  His first game ever against us he scored a goal and ran out kissing the badge.  I near got sick in my mouth!!!   It happens.  It's not for me.  But it happens
Agh now that doesn't count. Because it's Dunloy.  ;D

Sleeping giant

Lol.  Conversation closed

Fairhead

Cloot also played underage for Armoy and Ballycastle.

Sleeping giant

He's certainly been round the clubs,  Neill Mc Auley slipped my mind also.

Seamroga in exile

I hear shorty is going under the knife tomorrow. Good luck to him.

north_antrim_hound

any word from the Dub
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets