Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Sats game was a good run out for the players. you can see from the subs changing for players that the manager wanted to get a look at a few players to see what he had on offer.

1-19 is a good scoring return away from home.

Laois are a decent team so its a good game for the team. Up next is another tough game away to Dublin
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Reading nothing into any results at this stage - only the management and players will have a sense of how things are going.
It's all about the atmosphere and effort - if they are on money - then we can worry about results down the line when they mean something (i.e) league & championship.
Early days, here's hoping the turn in the calendar year has us looking towards the season ahead!

Hand up

On Reading the Panel, we are still short of a bit of pace and power, some lads very much of a muchness. Although Ryan Mc C , Conor McCann and Campbell will help, we are struggling for me, that's not the managers fault before I get shot, but it's a worry. Any progress on Saul??

Na Glinntí Glasa

Getting eddie and Liam in there into the forwards will add the pace and power that we were lacking last season. Losing Shorty is a blow but it is what it is and we will have to do without him for the time being.

hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

History to repeat itself at Clones? An Antrim team v a Galway team in an All Ireland semi final. I hope not.

Link

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 06, 2016, 09:42:08 AM
Getting eddie and Liam in there into the forwards will add the pace and power that we were lacking last season. Losing Shorty is a blow but it is what it is and we will have to do without him for the time being.

Has shorty had the op and is it on the same hip as last time?

Na Glinntí Glasa

im not 100% sure if hes had it or not, i would need to find out the craic
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: hurlingstick on January 08, 2016, 12:48:32 PM
History to repeat itself at Clones? An Antrim team v a Galway team in an All Ireland semi final. I hope not.

Dunloy played Sarsfields in Mullingar.
They were the better side I don't know how it got away. (A certain Joe Cooney)

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 08, 2016, 05:16:37 PM

Joe Cooney allegedly used a size 4 ball coming of the bench for the last free. It was a big joke with Sarsfields  at the time. Lad came out with a towel to dry Joe's hurl and dropped the junior ball in the process.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on January 08, 2016, 07:35:29 PM

Joe Cooney allegedly used a size 4 ball coming of the bench for the last free. It was a big joke with Sarsfields  at the time. Lad came out with a towel to dry Joe's hurl and dropped the junior ball in the process.

Id say he'd have knocked the size 5 over also... Too many games Dunloy were so unlucky in... Watched most of them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2016, 08:50:17 PM

Id say he'd have knocked the size 5 over also... Too many games Dunloy were so unlucky in... Watched most of them

Indeed. And Won a few also!
They kept that 90s team so well adding a couple of new guys every year or two to stay a top team in Ireland over a decade.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 08, 2016, 10:30:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 08, 2016, 08:50:17 PM

Indeed. And Won a few also!
They kept that 90s team so well adding a couple of new guys every year or two to stay a top team in Ireland over a decade.

The last time an Antrim team played a Galway team in clones they won
Dunloy v portumna I think it was 2004 or did LG play st Thomas there I can't remember
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Not 100% but was loughgiel st Thomas in Parnell?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 09, 2016, 10:03:28 AM

The first one was, and replay in Clones, I think
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Quote from: Minder on January 09, 2016, 10:21:04 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on January 09, 2016, 10:03:28 AM

The first one was, and replay in Clones, I think

Yes that's sounds about right!
Still no indications of the Dall venue then?
Parnell handiest I think.