Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2015, 11:02:21 PM
Quote from: Last Man on December 22, 2015, 10:57:45 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on December 22, 2015, 10:31:26 PM
Quote from: Hand up on December 22, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
That's Balls HS your gripe was being asked to travel to NA for all matches, as At Endas did for 5 years and earned the trust and respect of each and every member club, you seemed to think you where above that. In Fairness you did enter the leagues and where a asset to them, but let's face it you can feel free to greet and rightly so about the NA Secs report, but you conveniently forgot to mention you didn't field in the 2013 & 2014 MHL finals!! Why??
I

St Endas had to earn your trust.
Oh dear. Would you trust them to go to the shop for you?

sorry couldnt help but bite but theres one thing for sure, no club since our treacherous move to NA has had to serve their time like we did but sure isnt it great we made the road easy for the top clubs. there's nothing like a sense of entitlement.
Alright John Martyr.

Brilliant retort  ;D your sense of entitlement knows no bounds

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2015, 11:38:38 PM
Quote from: Last Man on December 22, 2015, 11:35:45 PM
That's Balls HS your gripe was being asked to travel to NA for all matches, as At Endas did for 5 years and earned the trust and respect of each and every member club, you seemed to think you where above that. In Fairness you did enter the leagues and where a asset to them, but let's face it you can feel free to greet and rightly so about the NA Secs report, but you conveniently forgot to mention you didn't field in the 2013 & 2014 MHL finals!! Why??
I

sorry couldnt help but bite but theres one thing for sure, no club since our treacherous move to NA has had to serve their time like we did but sure isnt it great we made the road easy for the top clubs. there's nothing like a sense of entitlement.
Alright John Martyr.

Yes, imagine wanting to promote our games in our county. FFS.
Indeed, against all odds,  Phill Collins is on his way back also I hear.  ;D Nollaig Shona Duit

Milltown Row2

Is it a Rossa paranioa night?? We played SA leagues every year and got 4 games in the league...... Without the involvement of Go games we would have lost players.... I've no idea why Rossa never played... But the Johnnies were up their own holes at the time..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

:D
Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2015, 11:55:43 PM
Quote from: Last Man on December 22, 2015, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2015, 11:38:38 PM
Quote from: Last Man on December 22, 2015, 11:35:45 PM
I

Alright John Martyr.

Yes, imagine wanting to promote our games in our county. FFS.
Indeed, against all odds,  Phill Collins is on his way back also I hear.  ;D Nollaig Shona Duit
Your 5 year initiation ceremony into the Ancient Order of North Antrim will always be remembered.

Sure we knew the Casement sc fraternity would always see to it, what will be will be.

theskull1

I can't really understand how the like of Rossa could thole working with anyone from North Antrim if this is how they're perceived throughout their club.

I personally find such representations disgusting considering all the initiatives made by the said 'smoking gun' report makers and how they've tried to push the game beyond their jurisdiction. Let's look at SA's contribution in that regard?...mmmm maybe not.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

I see the debate has become somewhat tangled.
Complicate and introduce different slants and arguments - very stormont like.
For what it's worth the original point remains un-altered.
A reply that was prejudiced and factually incorrect.
Once that issue is addressed it might lend itself to explain some of the other points.
Anyone who can't see and acknowledge that report as a disgrace is part of the problem.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 23, 2015, 09:57:36 AM
Once that issue is addressed it might lend itself to explain some of the other points.
Anyone who can't see and acknowledge that report as a disgrace is part of the problem.
was it not addressed with the letter of apology ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fairhead

Quote from: hardstation on December 23, 2015, 01:56:39 AM
Others may be driven to promote our games amongst a handful of 'traditional' parishes (as well as areas of Derry and Tyrone, if it suits) but we'll just keep playing and try our best to promote our games throughout the county.........but we will expose lies and agendas too. Thank you.

To be fair, South Antrim's service to hurling, in the juvenile set up, over this last 20 odd years is probably pretty poor and I appreciate that their clubs have only made up the numbers in the U16 and minor championships during that time. For that reason, I can see why North Antrim clubs feel that their South Antrim brethren bring down the quality of our games.

After pages and pages HS you finally got to the crux of the issue IMO. Why have you and the rest of the concerned city clubs not got together and forced the South Antrim board to get their own house in order? Why aren't you directing your clear passion into getting the underage leagues in South Antrim into a comparable state to North Antrim's? Instead your just having a go at North Antrim for trying to get regular games for kids.

imtommygunn

There was never a problem with being "insular" though until this last couple of years. The problem became with two boards and one of them not working.

Fairhead

I see you neatly side stepped the question about the South Antrim board getting their house in order. No wonder Skull gave up on you!

As for divisional boards they have been around as long as I remember be it North Antrim, South Derry, South Down etc. I presume one of the reasons for their existence was to facilitate local underage games. Not sure they should be there to facilitate the failings of another division within a county. Nothing parochial in that. But you just keeping on blaming North Antrim for not promoting the game in South Antrim  :P

north_antrim_hound

way to go HS

you have the last word

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 23, 2015, 11:31:44 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on December 23, 2015, 09:57:36 AM
was it not addressed with the letter of apology ?

Perhaps it was - but the original point remains that the greater concern was about the mindset which leads to an inaccurate statement being put to print at that level.
And now again we've seen people who rather than address that - have deflected to different arguments.
SA board has many failings - prejudicial reports slandering other Gaels was not one of them.
Some people just don't (can't) acknowledge the error and mindset of the report.
It's a shameful episode - if I was an NA man genuinely interested in ALL of Antrim that'd be a concern of mine.
The rest of the stuff is pure deflection - but I was parking it in the spirit of Christmas.  ;)

Fairhead

Quote from: hardstation on December 23, 2015, 05:07:40 PM
....and telling blatant lies about clubs in South Antrim to feather their own nest.

How come  the St Endas and St Galls reps on here don't seem to be as outraged as you HS? Seems more like one club is taking on all the outrage on behalf of South Antrim. As other posters have said an apology has been issued so move on. If you think N Antrim are 'forcing' you to play games then why don't you direct all that passion at the S Antrim board? Naturally I'm not expecting you to answer that question but come back with some kind of deflection  ;)

Hand up

Well said FH, on the state of the SA board!! It can't blamed totally on that committee, as any divisional board is only as strong as its member clubs. The NA clubs wouldn't stand for a lack of organised games, so do something pro active about it. The SA Clubs are an absolute asset to the leagues when they play their games. Id also say the author of report is the real target of HS, as about this time last year Rossa delivered a Solicitors letter to him over the Ulster Minor Tournament in Derry! ( Disgraceful) Whatever OE does it will never be good enough!! The truth is in fact he didn't write the report!! The NA Sec did.

Hand up

I absolutely agree it shouldn't have been written. But even you have to admit you haven't played all your games when you should have, and messed clubs about cancelling fixtures,and wether you accept it or not that's the perception of most of the NA clubs rightly or wrongly!!At times you where playing more games in the South than in Antrim, nowhere near to the extent of the johnnies though. Moving into 2016 How can we change and move forward to everybods benefit?