Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

We all have stories of teams not fielding, it happens
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

100% yes it does. The very odd one here and there ... no problem. But if theres a trend of 2 or 3 sides missing more than they should then it can completely balls up that league for teams who wanted the games. I don't see the harm in repeat offenders being made aware that its been noted by the powers that be. Some clubs don't need to be told as they have their own standards.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on December 21, 2015, 07:36:18 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on December 21, 2015, 06:27:41 PM
If the NA Officer in question made this obvious error in his report - he must be pretty crap at his job.

If it was a general opinion for the floor - then an awful lot of people on that floor don't know s**t about it either.

I find it much more credibile to believe it's just a flat out prejudiced statement.

If only someone with the right capabilities would make themselves available  ::)

indeed - precisely right

I'd be certain that anyone who would have said it would have been speaking a truth from their own clubs perspective. The error was not looking at all the data. That nuance seems to be lost on you.

nothing lost on me - you just acknowledged that clubs (plural) perspective is wrong. So a number of clubs (or one officer) arrived at the same wrong perspective? I wonder why!

For me, I think your prejudiced refusal to accept even the potential for any other explanation for the error takes away any credibility from your opinions on the topic

I just did accept the potential for another explanation. I said if it was a genuine error - as opposed to prejudice - read back its there.  Or is there another explanation u want to offer now?! at this rate the report author at least admitting wrong-doing while your still trying to mitigate!

theskull1

I am reading back and I'm pretty sure you believe it was prejudice ...end of

cfclg

Maybe OE just doesn't like folk from the city........................... ;)

Its actually hilarious that a foolish/childish statement like that made its way to print!

theskull1

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130316221450/glee/images/8/8b/Gif_adam_whatever.gif

See youse and every other team who wants to hurl at the North Antrim indoor tournaments in the new year (organised by the same people who fabricate stories to get rid of youse). Yes indeed it all adds up

theskull1

If you'd any principles you'd have nothing to do with us. A real poor mouth

theskull1

Feck it ... I give up

theskull1

Hand up

For the first ten or so years of the tournament when run by Seamus Elliott ,quite a few Belfast clubs entered the indoor, the likes of St Endas( who where then welcome in SA) Sarsfields , St Galls, but St Johns and Rossa didn't bother entering, the Johnnies still don't and that's their choice. It was a Ulster tournament no clubs where unwelcome Fact!! Now teams who don't pay their fees for the competition have been warned that they wouldn't be welcome the following year, which does include some SA teams for 2016.

theskull1

It was a tournament set up and administrated by North Antrim men with the aim of trying to develop hurling right across Ulster and you're right... every club was welcomed. I can only assume the powers that be at the time didn't realise Belfast was in Ulster.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 22, 2015, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on December 22, 2015, 05:53:16 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130316221450/glee/images/8/8b/Gif_adam_whatever.gif

See youse and every other team who wants to hurl at the North Antrim indoor tournaments in the new year (organised by the same people who fabricate stories to get rid of youse). Yes indeed it all adds up
I can assure you, we battled for long enough before we were offered a place in these competitions.

that's balls in fairness..... Id been taking my clubs under 12's for four years and we entered at the start of the go games ..... The SA board didn't run anything like it so it was a godsend to have these tournaments..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hand up

That's Balls HS your gripe was being asked to travel to NA for all matches, as At Endas did for 5 years and earned the trust and respect of each and every member club, you seemed to think you where above that. In Fairness you did enter the leagues and where a asset to them, but let's face it you can feel free to greet and rightly so about the NA Secs report, but you conveniently forgot to mention you didn't field in the 2013 & 2014 MHL finals!! Why??
I

btdtgtt

Quote from: Hand up on December 22, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
That's Balls HS your gripe was being asked to travel to NA for all matches, as At Endas did for 5 years and earned the trust and respect of each and every member club, you seemed to think you where above that. In Fairness you did enter the leagues and where a asset to them, but let's face it you can feel free to greet and rightly so about the NA Secs report, but you conveniently forgot to mention you didn't field in the 2013 & 2014 MHL finals!! Why??
I

St Endas had to earn your trust.
Oh dear. Would you trust them to go to the shop for you?

Last Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 22, 2015, 10:31:26 PM
Quote from: Hand up on December 22, 2015, 10:25:07 PM
I

St Endas had to earn your trust.
Oh dear. Would you trust them to go to the shop for you?

sorry couldnt help but bite but theres one thing for sure, no club since our treacherous move to NA has had to serve their time like we did but sure isnt it great we made the road easy for the top clubs. there's nothing like a sense of entitlement.