Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Trials are artificial and often to Tick the box of giving everyone a chance.
I'd have no problem if PJ and his men picked a provisional squad. 
Then chopped & changed with the best trials of all - meaningful club hurling games.

keep her low this half

Glad that PJ has got his chance at the job, well deserved. There was chat on the BBC website that Justin McCarthy was going to be involved in some capacity. If so that would be a step in the right direction, a very experienced intercounty manager to back up an experienced club manager with lots of local knowledge. Well done to PJ all you have to do now is get promotion and win the Christy Ring, no pressure.

Seamroga in exile

For those who missed it, PJ's back room team is:

Gavin Duffy, Paul Graham, Damian Fox and Justin McCarthy. Strength and conditioning Paul Talty.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2015, 10:39:43 PM

Gavin Duffy, Paul Graham, Damian Fox and Justin McCarthy. Strength and conditioning Paul Talty.
Serious expenses forms there.

keep her low this half

Is that Damian Fox the ex Laois manager?

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 12, 2015, 10:47:34 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2015, 10:39:43 PM

Serious expenses forms there.
not as seriously expensive as bringing someone from Cork up 3 or 4 times a week. I think McCarthy will be up a couple of times a month.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Ive seen enough false dawns in antrim hurling to be getting excited about any appointment. The new team will take time to get in and get things running and its important that they are given that.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 13, 2015, 09:27:23 AM
Ive seen enough false dawns in antrim hurling to be getting excited about any appointment. The new team will take time to get in and get things running and its important that they are given that.

Wouldn't say false dawn... We are 2a we should win that and win Christy Ring... Then prepare for next year in 1b and Liam McCarthy... Via the Leinster championship! 

I'd be more than happy with good league performances (consistent) than doing well in Leinster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Realistically we want to be winning the league and the christy ring. We're not in the leinster championship are we??

Winning ulster too.

The main thing we need is everyone pulling together and not a list of sad stories about not being picked because of this that and the other.  We get that and we will get results.

Does the top of 2a get promoted or is there a playoff with bottom of 1b?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2015, 09:33:32 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 13, 2015, 09:27:23 AM

Wouldn't say false dawn... We are 2a we should win that and win Christy Ring... Then prepare for next year in 1b and Liam McCarthy... Via the Leinster championship! 

I'd be more than happy with good league performances (consistent) than doing well in Leinster

Maybe false dawn is a tad harsh. More like im not getting excited about anything until i see how it pans out.

Getting back to 1b will be very hard. If we win 2a we have a play off with whoever finishes bottom, that could be Offaly or Kerry possibly. That will be our main aim this year.

Championship wise winning the Christy Ring would be important but at the same time i would rather our league standard was raised and we were able to compete with the teams in 1b. We aint going to win leinster or the all ireland in the foreseeable future so get our league hurling sorted first and try and compete with these teams.

Also i would like us to make a better effort in the walsh cup, its a good chance to get early games against good solid opposition so we should take advantage of that.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 13, 2015, 09:40:37 AM
Realistically we want to be winning the league and the christy ring. We're not in the leinster championship are we??

Winning ulster too.

The main thing we need is everyone pulling together and not a list of sad stories about not being picked because of this that and the other.  We get that and we will get results.

This is correct, plus if you win the Christy Ring you play the relegation contenders from the Leinster round robin series the following week.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnneycool on November 13, 2015, 09:50:32 AM

Winning ulster too.

This is correct, plus if you win the Christy Ring you play the relegation contenders from the Leinster round robin series the following week.

Crap. Well I guess that went for us other years so can't complain too much.

Promotion in both has to be the goal really.

Two Hands FFS

I thought it changed from next year...in that the winners of 2A go straight up & the bottom of 1B go straight down with no relegation play off?

If that's the case we should be getting promotion & winning Christy Ring. Anything else in my eyes is failure.

Milltown Row2

Winning ulster too.

I was looking past the initial year after winning the league and Christy Ring Tommy !! small steps lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea