Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

After all the nonsense on this thread...

Glad to see it. Best of luck to him.

Tony Baloney

As always it will be interesting to see the perceptions of home club bias. Could Winker and McManus play on the same team.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 11, 2015, 08:21:19 PM
After all the nonsense on this thread...

Glad to see it. Best of luck to him.
maybe just maybe the "nonsense" as you call it made its way back to the man that was going out of his way to stop it weeks ago.  Any way. Good to see an Antrim man get his shot.  I've been calling for it as years.    Nothing to loose. As was posted few weeks back. Neil may be traveling this year.  As it graffin.  So it won't be anything to do with the appointment of the big man. Before that even starts. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Minder

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2015, 08:12:18 PM
Delighted for the big man.  Deserves his shot at it. Excited about the year ahead.  Really am!!

Excited about Christy Ring and Div 2 ??
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on November 11, 2015, 08:33:40 PM
Delighted for the big man.  Deserves his shot at it. Excited about the year ahead.  Really am!!

I'm excited that we're not going down the same route that got us there.  ;)

Congrats to the big man. He deserves his chance. Glad to see it going to an Antrim man again. Someone who actually knows the players and goes to games at all levels up and down the county, and indeed the country. He's an Antrim fan through and through. Another thing I know is that there'll be no club bias. Everyone will get a fair crack at it, that's all any player and supporter can ask for.

As was posted earlier, I hope the players, fans and county board get behind him and his team. Good luck to all involved.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

have to play our way out of it no?!?   Am excited about the the prospect of things getting done right.  I can assure you. There will be no stones left unturned. 

hurlingstick

It's a fickle world we live in.

MoChara

Great news hopefully it'll create a bit of a buzz about Antrim hurling , it's made me feel more positive anyway

Sleeping giant

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2015, 08:48:41 PM

have to play our way out of it no?!?   Am excited about the the prospect of things getting done right.  I can assure you. There will be no stones left unturned.

I think its important to say that even the likes of Brian Cody and his backroom team and budget would not bring about 'a revival in Antrim Hurling' as a lot of eejits on twitter suggest is possible with PJ's appointment.

It'll take years of structured work and investment in development squads coupled with a drive to ensure better coaching across all clubs in the county. At the minute we're in Div2 because thats pretty much our level IMO. 

I hope he can get our best players playing for each other again. Best of luck
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Surely that'll be the minimum requirement, no?

Fairhead

So much for all the hysteria on here for the last few weeks.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Glad to see it sorted out now. Best of luck to him and i hope hes given time to get down to work and get on with the job.

I dont expect to see any massive shock improvements in a year, in fact i would be of the opinion that it could take a few years.

County development squads, minor team etc all are now more important that ever. The future of antrim hurling lies in there and we have got to keep our focus on them and getting them into the adult set up as better players.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 12, 2015, 09:03:47 AM
Glad to see it sorted out now. Best of luck to him and i hope hes given time to get down to work and get on with the job.

I dont expect to see any massive shock improvements in a year, in fact i would be of the opinion that it could take a few years.

County development squads, minor team etc all are now more important that ever. The future of antrim hurling lies in there and we have got to keep our focus on them and getting them into the adult set up as better players.

Lets hope he gets the support of the clubs/ club managers  ;)

bannside

Was PJ the only recommendation from Coiste Bainisti to county committee? Did the Lennon/Manley plan fizzle out?