Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

The king? Shefflin?

As for Liam, I'd say he'd commit. As for his opinion on PJ, read his twitter feed.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Hand up on November 10, 2015, 06:21:48 PM
SG some of your points are correct, Smokie was the only man looking for the job and any wonder!! as I know PJ found out your star doesn't be long losing its shine, previous managers have gotten seriously unfair stick from our Members or more like non members.
But the one thing Smokie was/is in Cushendall, is a serious clubman so in my opinion I'd say his players backed him up with a serious championship campaign to date. I don't know anyone even past players that gave serious stick, yeh difference of opinion certainly but no more than that, I could be wrong in that. Our players have helped Smokie's with his lack of experience, and Together have got us thus far, now rewind 12 Months and it tells a story, Smokie's record is better than Sambos, but he's most definitely not Senior County management material and nor will he ever be,, as for McManus he's put a serious shift in for Club and County this year wether you like him or not, and even though PJ has slagged off the County for the last 3 years, if he does and again I hope he gets the job he should prey Neil lines out this year, because his absence will make the job much harder.
On another note and as you never answered me previously, is Watson going to be available for selection this year to Antrim, as your players will admit, there's hardly a glowing admiration towards PJ from the King.
didn't see you ask me before.  Liam has been available for selection as past few years other than being injured or club duties.  I wonder had Kevin Ryan still been in charge.  Would Neill have been dropped for not committing to the county.  Even tho his club have a big chance at an All Ireland.  Honest question.  No dig at anyone other than KR
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 10, 2015, 08:15:51 PM
SG some of your points are correct, Smokie was the only man looking for the job and any wonder!! as I know PJ found out your star doesn't be long losing its shine, previous managers have gotten seriously unfair stick from our Members or more like non members.
But the one thing Smokie was/is in Cushendall, is a serious clubman so in my opinion I'd say his players backed him up with a serious championship campaign to date. I don't know anyone even past players that gave serious stick, yeh difference of opinion certainly but no more than that, I could be wrong in that. Our players have helped Smokie's with his lack of experience, and Together have got us thus far, now rewind 12 Months and it tells a story, Smokie's record is better than Sambos, but he's most definitely not Senior County management material and nor will he ever be,, as for McManus he's put a serious shift in for Club and County this year wether you like him or not, and even though PJ has slagged off the County for the last 3 years, if he does and again I hope he gets the job he should prey Neil lines out this year, because his absence will make the job much harder.
On another note and as you never answered me previously, is Watson going to be available for selection this year to Antrim, as your players will admit, there's hardly a glowing admiration towards PJ from the King.
didn't see you ask me before.  Liam has been available for selection as past few years other than being injured or club duties.  I wonder had Kevin Ryan still been in charge.  Would Neill have been dropped for not committing to the county.  Even tho his club have a big chance at an All Ireland.  Honest question.  No dig at anyone other than KR
Theres's a high possibility Neil won't be in the country next year whenever the club campaign. Graffin even more so.
Anyway, lets not get into old McManus/KR shite again.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on November 10, 2015, 09:05:35 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 10, 2015, 08:15:51 PM
Theres's a high possibility Neil won't be in the country next year whenever the club campaign. Graffin even more so.
Anyone lets not get into old McManus/KR shite again.
I've heard that.  Possible traveling.  Fair play to both. Wouldn't stay in way of any young lad traveling. Was a simple question. Wasn't looking to go down it again.

Hand up

SG I'd say that perhaps Watsons previous went against him, but it's certainly not the way I would have done it, and it cost the County and players reputations suffered. PJ will hopefully see sense and allow the Cushendall boys there time with the club and they will commit when their campaign ends.
Any white some after tonight's interviews?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lets not waste our time with LW and will be commit or not nonsense. Hes walked off every panel hes been on at the county. I cant be bothered with him.

As far as im concerned theres better players at Lgiel than him i would much prefer to see at the county - Shay Casey, James McNaughton, Sian McGrath, Eddie & Tony McCloskey. All of whom wouldnt let you down when they were needed. Concentrate on our future and not dwell in the past misfortunes.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 11, 2015, 09:00:32 AM
Lets not waste our time with LW and will be commit or not nonsense. Hes walked off every panel hes been on at the county. I cant be bothered with him.

As far as im concerned theres better players at Lgiel than him i would much prefer to see at the county - Shay Casey, James McNaughton, Sian McGrath, Eddie & Tony McCloskey. All of whom wouldnt let you down when they were needed. Concentrate on our future and not dwell in the past misfortunes.

I'm a fan of Liam's' but I have to agree with you here DR. Too much water under the bridge and he's not getting any younger. Unfortunately when he retires from hurling he will look back at his county career with lots of regrets. Such a shame.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: cfclg on November 11, 2015, 09:58:04 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 11, 2015, 09:00:32 AM

I'm a fan of Liam's' but I have to agree with you here DR. Too much water under the bridge and he's not getting any younger. Unfortunately when he retires from hurling he will look back at his county career with lots of regrets. Such a shame.

A great player on his day but his career is coming to an end. Theres better young lads there at the clubs who are the future to work with and get into the panel for the future. His own club has a wealth of talent who will take his place in the next few years and these are whom you look to. Those lads ive mentioned along with young O'Boyle, Betty etc are all coming through the minor ranks at Lgiel and are the ones to look at, not LW.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Slightly off topic but has a date for Cdall semi final been set yet?

Sleeping giant

Normally first week in Feb no?

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 11, 2015, 02:34:23 PM
Normally first week in Feb no?

It alternates between the middle weekend and the last weekend of Feb with the football normally. I havent seen which it is this year yet.

paddyjohn

Congrats to PJ O'Mullan.. Just announced to Twitter, hopefully the clubs and players get behind him now!

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Delighted for the big man.  Deserves his shot at it. Excited about the year ahead.  Really am!!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea