Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 24, 2015, 08:08:31 AM
Lads forget about genc and his one trick sideshow. Focus on a great weekend's hurling coming up. Let's here the predictions. I'll go with Glenariff, Dunloy and The Dall.
ah JJ, ur such a b*tch, ur really know how to hurt someones feelings.   Was it something I said?

NAG1

Quote from: getevennotcross on September 24, 2015, 08:18:51 AM
Quote from: Megaman on September 23, 2015, 11:35:05 PM
Jesus lads can yous give it a rest or take it to PM, geteven do you even realise how much a p***k your making of yourself.

I really hope your not a member of a club and more importantly not involved with any teams, if so god help them.
I suppose you may be right. I'm just a WUM after all contributing to the mixing and  teasing (like others) and bringing a little bit of light heartedness to proceedings. 

Dont worry about it though, my club and teams I'm involved with, we are raking it in and doing just dandy.

Now as for Pr**k, I dont like that word, dont like it at all, never did and I wont tolerate it.  Reminds me of needles and illegal doping (now theres a subject of interst we must debate). If you dont mind, I'll bring it to the attention of the moderator?

Well anyway, given the peripatetic nature of my livelihood, I must crack on.

One last thing though, endeavour to cultivate a sense of humour, it will do you some good.  All this stuff can get a bit serious at times, but ya know what, none of us here is going to make a blind bit of diference, so smile, relax and accept the banter for what it really is!

Last time I'm rising too it but plenty of people on here are making a difference already, so speak for yourself when it comes to standing on the side watching others do, while you snipe and castigate.

Na Glinntí Glasa

minor match on sat for me first game, really looking forward to this game. St Patricks have a good strong team and they beat a much fancied st johns team to get there. Our lads have went from strength to strength and for the first time in a long time we have a good minor panel that gives me something to look forward to the future with.

Very tight game on sat but hopefully we can pull through it.

Suns game will be very tight but i think that Cdall have too much know how about this panel for the town. They have plenty of experience at this stage of a season and should handle the occasion better.

Be nice to see ballycastle win it to have someone diff win it but i think that Cdall will come through by 3 points
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Michael Walsh being linked with the Antrim job.

We had him up with us a few times way back in the day and I thought he was good, not too drill orientated and worked a lot on positioning and support running lines off a puck out and other situations, something Kilkenny are the masters at.

He'd be a good acquisition if you could get him, but he'd need local knowledge to help out as well I'd have thought.

Megaman

Looking forward to your game on Saturday DR

Good to see two un-fancied teams (sort of) contesting the final.  Says alot about attitude etc etc as both St Johns and Ballycastle would have been highly fancied at the start of the year.

Having seen both teams this year i think yous should win by 5 points at least.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Megaman on September 24, 2015, 09:38:51 AM
Looking forward to your game on Saturday DR

Good to see two un-fancied teams (sort of) contesting the final.  Says alot about attitude etc etc as both St Johns and Ballycastle would have been highly fancied at the start of the year.

Having seen both teams this year i think yous should win by 5 points at least.
I think Dunloy will win too. Have some super forwards. I'd think young Molloy has serious potential to be top class.

Milltown Row2

Was impressed with Dunloy, but St Patricks are a good team (s) also, should be a cracking game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

to be fair both teams shouldnt be there if you go on 2 years ago where Ballycastle and St Johns were the top teams. Us beating ballycastle in the Darragh Cup was massive as it was the first thing alot of them lads had won and they have went from strength to strength. Keelan Molloy is a brilliant tallent as is conal cunning, Eoin O'Neill, Conor Ferris, Ryan Elliot in nets etc. They have a lot of potential to be even better.

We can only but hope we win it as its been a long time since we did win it
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

Quote from: johnneycool on September 24, 2015, 09:35:22 AM

We had him up with us a few times way back in the day and I thought he was good, not too drill orientated and worked a lot on positioning and support running lines off a puck out and other situations, something Kilkenny are the masters at.

He'd be a good acquisition if you could get him, but he'd need local knowledge to help out as well I'd have thought.

Whats he been at recently,google has him appointed kilkenny u21 coach in 2008 - 2011 but nothing since?

EDIT:

I see he was in the West Meath background team last year and was shinty/hurling manager for a while.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 24, 2015, 10:59:23 AM
to be fair both teams shouldnt be there if you go on 2 years ago where Ballycastle and St Johns were the top teams. Us beating ballycastle in the Darragh Cup was massive as it was the first thing alot of them lads had won and they have went from strength to strength. Keelan Molloy is a brilliant tallent as is conal cunning, Eoin O'Neill, Conor Ferris, Ryan Elliot in nets etc. They have a lot of potential to be even better.

Is Ryan Elliot a son of Shane?

johnneycool

Quote from: MoChara on September 24, 2015, 11:16:24 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 24, 2015, 09:35:22 AM

Whats he been at recently,google has him appointed kilkenny u21 coach in 2008 - 2011 but nothing since?

EDIT:

I see he was in the West Meath background team last year and was shinty/hurling manager for a while.

Yeah,
  so taking Antrim might be a backward step for him, career wise  8)   ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 24, 2015, 11:26:35 AM

Is Ryan Elliot a son of Shane?

Yeah he is. Last year of minor for him
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Hot of the Press:  Michael Walsh (KK) wont take the Antrim job as one of the key Dall Lieutenants has threatened to defect to the States.  Mick said the challenge just would not be the same, so declining the offer.

The great one has assured Mick there would be other Dall lieutenants who would equally prove hot to handle and also assist Mick with the panel selection. The defector did however offer to leave his Tel. No for Mick, should he need his ear and keep him straight on a few personnel matters.

auld stock

boom boom statler (geteven). now ur  pleasing me.this is what we all paid our admission for. keep er lit & bring the crowds back.. wheres waldorf, surely he has a great comeback to have us rolling in the aisles. christ morcambe & wise have nothing on u boys. bravo  :D :) :D :)

hurlingstick

2 years ago Naomh Padraig didn't exist.