Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auld stock

good lad geteven keeping thumping out those witty observations & predictions on all you survey. i have an offer for you. i think you & i co do well together as a comedy double act. i even have a name for us. we could call ourselves symbolic. i could be sym & you could, well just be yourself!!!!   :-*

getevennotcross

Quote from: Hand up on September 20, 2015, 07:57:17 PM
Auld Stock, well said but let's not bother ourselves with that clown.
Delighted with our lads heart in the 2nd half Today, if the first half we weren't at the game today,and our tactics and team selection questionable, but by God we changed attudite in the 2nd half, upped our work rate Aggression got tighter and acted like County Champions. The Town are pacy skillful have some big lads and more than capable of lifting the title next week.
I had seen someone mentioned about a few retirements if that's the case in Loughgiel the players like JC, Martin, Ding, Barney & Neilly  have been some servants to their club their talent and experience would be hard to replace. But that's for another day.
Whoever gets the County job is in my mind, in trouble, I've heard about a host of retirements and a few of our lads stepping away, to Travel or just a rest, I hope the new manager is afforded a by ball for a year or so, but I'd say SiE will this year😉
Dall men stepping away will be no bad thing if you ask me. Lets just hope its the negative and vindictive ones eh?  Getting the right man for the county job is even more crucial now, Dall men departing should be less influential and disruptive, that can only be good for parity and even handedness among other potential county players.  Saffrons Abu.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 20, 2015, 07:20:37 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 20, 2015, 06:41:56 PM
If we are looking inside the county then PJ or Dick O'Kane for me, maybe even the pair of them working together. Kevin Ryan left behind a county full of ill will & ill feeling amongst clubs and players. We need a United county now both on and off the pitch.

PJ deserves a chance given his record the last number of years with Loughgiel. Not too sure about Dick O'Kane. Was a great hurler, but what  has he done in management? He didn't do too well at Rasharkin and is he considered successful in Dunloy this year? PJ with Woody and a city man (Oliver Bellew) would maybe work?

Agree Dick hasn't maybe had a great management career but what has be had to work with? Ollie Bellew would be a decent shout as a selector.

getevennotcross

Quote from: auld stock on September 20, 2015, 08:19:41 PM
good lad geteven keeping thumping out those witty observations & predictions on all you survey. i have an offer for you. i think you & i co do well together as a comedy double act. i even have a name for us. we could call ourselves symbolic. i could be sym & you could, well just be yourself!!!!   :-*
Nah, u should go it alone and profile yourself as Sym-balta, before its all over you'll be shoving them down your neck to cushion your dissapointment and failure. For goodness sake, you'd give Prozac depression listening to ya.  Enjoy the win today, the run is no likely to last long, history tells us tha. 

Hand up

Yeh, Carson Graffin, Campbell are totally disruptive hurlers!! Quite obvious you have no knowledge of hurling never what happens in our County setup!! Getrealnottalkshite!! What's your club by the way??

imtommygunn

Imagine being a "shinner" from cushendall. Then geteven really wouldn't like you ;D

Looking forward to this final now. Wasn't sure cushendall would do it today. Now back to the rivalry of the 80s and 90s with them and ballycastle. Wonder where it will be?

Good win for creggan yesterday (and rasharkin. ) Creggan have made some strides in the hurling.

Hand up

imtommygunn

Cheers. Wasn't sure that was confirmed.

Na Glinntí Glasa

We will soon be better at organising big games than playing in them at this rate lol
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 20, 2015, 10:03:33 PM
Imagine being a "shinner" from cushendall. Then geteven really wouldn't like you ;D

Looking forward to this final now. Wasn't sure cushendall would do it today. Now back to the rivalry of the 80s and 90s with them and ballycastle. Wonder where it will be?

Good win for creggan yesterday (and rasharkin. ) Creggan have made some strides in the hurling.
Dall and Shinners, now theres a real treacherous combination ITG!  Themselves alone, eh! 

Fair play to Dunloy by the way, I hear they put on another great show in stewarding and hosting todays game once more. 

MoChara

Match changed dynamic as soon as the rain began to fall cushendall have an extra bit of grit about them that was shown last week too when the conditions aren't perfect that's what put cushendall over the line, thought all in all a great pulsating match dunloy done a great job managing the day and never heard much talk about the ref so that always good. Back to dunloy again next week then.

Hand up

I'd have to Congratulate Mark he has went up in everybody's estimation over the last 2 weekends. I thought he was fitter than previous outings, keep a firm hold of the games bearing in mind both teams where pushing things to the limits, there wasn't ( in my opinion) a nastiness in today's game which was probably due to last weeks heart issues within both camps that has been in previous matches. But he has too take credit for his performance today. Well Done!! Hopefully Skinny will have been watching and doesn't feel the need to star of the Show on Sunday. I'd take yer man fro St Galls!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hand up on September 20, 2015, 11:06:48 PM
I'd have to Congratulate Mark he has went up in everybody's estimation over the last 2 weekends. I thought he was fitter than previous outings, keep a firm hold of the games bearing in mind both teams where pushing things to the limits, there wasn't ( in my opinion) a nastiness in today's game which was probably due to last weeks heart issues within both camps that has been in previous matches. But he has too take credit for his performance today. Well Done!! Hopefully Skinny will have been watching and doesn't feel the need to star of the Show on Sunday. I'd take yer man fro St Galls!!

Skinny may get the job, anyways should be a decent final.. Last couple have been dire...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Have to say I'd cushendall condemned to a 8 point defeat a few minutes after half time. Perfect example of when individuals up their game how things can change.Credit to NMcM and RMcC in particular for creating the turn around. Thats not to say the rest of the team didn't step up cause they did.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: theskull1 on September 20, 2015, 11:48:05 PM
Have to say I'd cushendall condemned to a 8 point defeat a few minutes after half time. Perfect example of when individuals up their game how things can change.Credit to NMcM and RMcC in particular for creating the turn around. Thats not to say the rest of the team didn't step up cause they did.
ack Skull boi, dont be giving them anymore encouragement, sure they will be hard enough to stick as it is.