Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManInBlackandGreen

PJ will be getting no county job, allegedly our county secretary has been running on the QT down to Kilkenny offering the TRINITY mens funding to this profiled individual,  he's stiffing  PJ and for a club as strong as Loughguile to let him behave in such a manner beggars belief,  but hey don't worry the wee  chairman that never will be will have a word!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D Jesus no wonder we are a laughing stock up and down the island.

getevennotcross

Ah well, fair play to the Dall, mostly likely implode again though and get beat in Ulster.  I heard Loughgiel lost it on the line today, ahead at half time, wind advantage in 2nd half and just couldn't crack on.  Kerry lost it on the line today also IMHO.

Makes for an interesting final though, Dall v BC,again may the best team win.  Probably a just outcome that Dall win today, not sure we could all have stood the gurnin had they come up short.  Well, off to the Grove in Dunleer for me steak!

Seamroga in exile

Whoever gets the Antrim job is going to have a tough time of it. It would be great if we could all move on from the debacle that was Kevin Ryan's tenure. He has left a feeling of ill will behind him in this County that I've never experienced before. Yes, there have always been rivalries, but I've never known a manager to be as arrogant as he was or as stubborn.

Btw, I forgot to wish Cushendall good luck for the final. Ballycastle will have their work cut out against a well drilled defensive unit. It should be an interesting encounter. I hear it's in Dunloy next Sunday. Does anyone know for definite?

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

BigPat83

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 20, 2015, 05:35:13 PM
PJ will be getting no county job, allegedly our county secretary has been running on the QT down to Kilkenny offering the TRINITY mens funding to this profiled individual,  he's stiffing  PJ and for a club as strong as Loughguile to let him behave in such a manner beggars belief,  but hey don't worry the wee  chairman that never will be will have a word!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D Jesus no wonder we are a laughing stock up and down the island.
The job is his if he wants it.a lovely sum has been offered.  The deciding factor for him by all accounts. God help us all,may plant spuds in the pitches and call it a day!!!!!!

auld stock

For what is worth i dont think theres anyone local bettered qualified for the antrim job that pj. his cv speaks for itself.no matter who was behind the scenes at loughguile it was pj who put them there & managed them. if hes offered it & accepts, good luck to him. on another note. getevennotcross im arranging a whip around to see if we can get u acouple of nights down in a b& b in the dall to try & soothe the seemingly irratating affliction you have with us. failing that we'll get dr john to surgically remove that big chip from your shoulder for you.u must look like quasimodo walking around with bearing down on you. lol u really are pure comedy gold

paddyjohn

If we are looking inside the county then PJ or Dick O'Kane for me, maybe even the pair of them working together. Kevin Ryan left behind a county full of ill will & ill feeling amongst clubs and players. We need a United county now both on and off the pitch.

hurlingstick

Some interesting and possible match ups to ponder for the county final;
Graffin v Clarke
McCambridge v Mccaughern
Mcauley v McManus (fascinating)
Matty Donnelly v Carson
Dallas v C. McNaughton

Could be interesting enough!!! One thought... 2 of the best defenders in the county from Cushendal v 2 of the most exciting forwards in the county from Ballycastle.

Milltown Row2

Great to noticed that after a few posts on the game that there hasn't been a mention on how Mark did in the middle.. That's always a good sign
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 20, 2015, 06:41:56 PM
If we are looking inside the county then PJ or Dick O'Kane for me, maybe even the pair of them working together. Kevin Ryan left behind a county full of ill will & ill feeling amongst clubs and players. We need a United county now both on and off the pitch.

PJ deserves a chance given his record the last number of years with Loughgiel. Not too sure about Dick O'Kane. Was a great hurler, but what  has he done in management? He didn't do too well at Rasharkin and is he considered successful in Dunloy this year? PJ with Woody and a city man (Oliver Bellew) would maybe work?

Bonamargy

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 20, 2015, 06:55:16 PM
Graffin v Clarke
McCambridge v Mccaughern
Matty Donnelly v Carson
Dallas v C. McNaughton

Could be interesting enough!!! One thought... 2 of the best defenders in the county from Cushendal v 2 of the most exciting forwards in the county from Ballycastle.

Cushendall defence looks very tight, will be an interesting tussle. Great buzz about Ballycastle, that we have missed for so long. Come on the black and amber.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2015, 07:18:06 PM
Great to noticed that after a few posts on the game that there hasn't been a mention on how Mark did in the middle.. That's always a good sign

Was a surprisingly clean game. It was so 'start stop' though. Not the most enjoyable game of hurling. Vast majority of Loughiel's scores were frees.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 20, 2015, 06:55:16 PM
Graffin v Clarke
McCambridge v Mccaughern
Matty Donnelly v Carson
Dallas v C. McNaughton

[/quote
I think this will be a closer final than predictions
Wasn't that impressed with dall inside forward line today although I think natty done enough in the last 5 minutes to warrant a starting place
MC Cambridge stood up today when the dall was looking for leaders and is becoming one the top players in the county
But the Ballycastle lads seem to be responding to R Donnelly and have some fine hurlers to
LG look like they are due some reconstruction over the next two years ]
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Hand up

Auld Stock, well said but let's not bother ourselves with that clown.
Delighted with our lads heart in the 2nd half Today, if the first half we weren't at the game today,and our tactics and team selection questionable, but by God we changed attudite in the 2nd half, upped our work rate Aggression got tighter and acted like County Champions. The Town are pacy skillful have some big lads and more than capable of lifting the title next week.
I had seen someone mentioned about a few retirements if that's the case in Loughgiel the players like JC, Martin, Ding, Barney & Neilly  have been some servants to their club their talent and experience would be hard to replace. But that's for another day.
Whoever gets the County job is in my mind, in trouble, I've heard about a host of retirements and a few of our lads stepping away, to Travel or just a rest, I hope the new manager is afforded a by ball for a year or so, but I'd say SiE will this year😉

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hand up on September 20, 2015, 07:57:17 PM
Auld Stock, well said but let's not bother ourselves with that clown.
Delighted with our lads heart in the 2nd half Today, if the first half we weren't at the game today,and our tactics and team selection questionable, but by God we changed attudite in the 2nd half, upped our work rate Aggression got tighter and acted like County Champions. The Town are pacy skillful have some big lads and more than capable of lifting the title next week.
I had seen someone mentioned about a few retirements if that's the case in Loughgiel the players like JC, Martin, Ding, Barney & Neilly  have been some servants to their club their talent and experience would be hard to replace. But that's for another day.
Whoever gets the County job is in my mind, in trouble, I've heard about a host of retirements and a few of our lads stepping away, to Travel or just a rest, I hope the new manager is afforded a by ball for a year or so, but I'd say SiE will this year😉
I'm not interested in it.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

getevennotcross

Quote from: auld stock on September 20, 2015, 06:30:13 PM
For what is worth i dont think theres anyone local bettered qualified for the antrim job that pj. his cv speaks for itself.no matter who was behind the scenes at loughguile it was pj who put them there & managed them. if hes offered it & accepts, good luck to him. on another note. getevennotcross im arranging a whip around to see if we can get u acouple of nights down in a b& b in the dall to try & soothe the seemingly irratating affliction you have with us. failing that we'll get dr john to surgically remove that big chip from your shoulder for you.u must look like quasimodo walking around with bearing down on you. lol u really are pure comedy gold
No humps, no affliction and no surgery required by the Dall Doc AS!

Had the Dall come out on the wrong side today I'd be safe in saying there would be plenty of humps to surgically removed in the Dall. TBTH, never had any great love for the Dall but would not begrudge them their win today.  Beyond that, they still are likely to implode when the heat is on.

Nothing won yet AS, dont be getting to far ahead of yourself. Ballycastle, and Ulster to be won yet. Remember Slaughtniel and Portaferry last year and Paddys Day still way beyond the Dalls radar in my reckoning.