Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: getevennotcross on September 12, 2015, 02:29:06 PM
Quote from: culchie11 on September 12, 2015, 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on September 12, 2015, 11:42:22 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on September 12, 2015, 09:46:09 AM
Quote from: Fairhead on September 11, 2015, 11:07:34 PM
Not a lot of hurling being talked on here as usual. It seems to be more about rain in Dunloy, referees, SF and how windy it is in Ballycastle!!!

Anyhoo I can't see past Loughgiel on Sunday. Unbeaten all year and a lack lustre performance vs St Galls to buck them up a bit it would be a shock to me if Cushendall get past them.

As for tomorrow Ballycastle haven't beat Dunloy in the championship since 1996 and they have put us out of 4 of the last 7 championships so Dunloy have no reason to fear us. They also have a match winner in Paul Shiels who invariably does step up to the mark for them. They will work as a team and so wont be easy beat.

As for Ballycastle I believe we have 3 potential match winners (Neal McAuley, Saul McCaughan and Ciaran Clarke) but in the last few years as a team they haven't delivered in the championship. Although still a relatively young team quite a number of players have played 5/6 years in the championship so its time they stepped up as a group and delivered on the big day. Although Dunloy have beaten us a lot in recent years I don't think overall they have a better team than Ballycastle so if we can get a big performance from some of our main players in addition to a lot of hard work from players all over the pitch then we might just get over the line. Even Skull will be happy if Ballycastle win, he wont then be part of the last team from Dunloy to have gotten beat by Ballycastle in the championship  :P

Neal Mcauley is a great player. He is a poor man marker though. I'd be surprised if he is not sweeper today. If he and Shorty start at 6 and 11 Shorty will get score after score. Dunloy have Nigel Elliott and Nicky McKeague (if fit) to even out Mccaughan/Clarke. Dunloy do have the better defence however. Add the change of management in season and I think....... Ballycastle will win. They're due one and it has to happen some time.
Hockeystick, ur amazing, a really enthralling and passionate analysis, I just cant wait until you get your CAP journalist posting.  Exhilarating stuff man, your talents know no bounds! (NOT)

Dont forget to bring all your old Toicfaidh Armanies, clothes etc. to the games today and tomorrow. County do a whip round for unwanted clothing for our refugee brothers and sisters - jeasus someone thinking outside the box, or maybe its a ploy to get a wardrobe together for wee Joes  innauguration??

WUM-ing aside, bring the unwanted clothing!

getevennotcross ur some craic!!

r u not away to croker this weekend again?!
if ur not using ur box/seats, i would gladly use it for the day or even next sunday lol

the bookies r never far wrong in the betting stakes, so cant c past a dunloy/loughguile final!
conditions under foot may make both games tighter, but i dont see a serena williams type ripple effect lol
Hockeystick, dont be gettin too familiar lad, not recommended, best keeping your distance if you ask me. Box full next Sunday sorry!

Was Culchie was taking the hand out of you, not me geteven. If you'd talk less and read more you could keep up.

Milltown Row2

So undecided!! If it were a double header I'd be down for definite.... Will it be a decent game? I don't know.. Will certainly be tense, which team will make it a better final? Hmmm
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2015, 02:42:46 PM
So undecided!! If it were a double header I'd be down for definite.... Will it be a decent game? I don't know.. Will certainly be tense, which team will make it a better final? Hmmm

Was like a league game last year. Flat. Hopefully be a great game. It's very windy.

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 12, 2015, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2015, 02:42:46 PM

Was like a league game last year. Flat. Hopefully be a great game. It's very windy.
Hockeystick, the mask is slipping now man. Windy and full of Sh**e, you have the affliction from both orifices!

I just ignore Culchie, a real numpty and empty vessel that boy.

Well on my way to Loughgiel, clothes for wee Jose in the boot also. Keys, sandwiches, flask, warm coat and hat - all check!  Jaysus, I hope wee Joe does not think I am donating my good Berghaus coat, have had it for years. Always handy to keep in the car along with  ma tweed cap. £8.00, I hope it lives up to it, thats 4 good lotto tickets.

Seamroga in exile

Some crowd. Wind seems to be dying down a wee bit.  So here we go, business time. Good luck to all 4 teams this weekend.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

getevennotcross

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2015, 04:49:41 PM
Some crowd. Wind seems to be dying down a wee bit.  So here we go, business time. Good luck to all 4 teams this weekend.
Dont stand beside Hockeystick SIE, his ozone hole has potential to score an own goal (Windbag). Good crowd indeed. Ah hell me battery is low!

imtommygunn

Anyone know anyone doing twitter updates?? No county antrim post or official antrim ones.

Seamroga in exile

Seamroga in exile

imtommygunn

Seamroga in exile

Final moments. 1-17 2-12. Town up.

getevennotcross

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 12, 2015, 06:16:01 PM
How long left?
2_18 to 2_14