Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2015, 05:08:52 PM
Im going to go out personally on sat night a run a hose over it to ensure its into the arse and it means that both teams will play in a bog!  lol
He he he, good man DR, good to see you lightening up somewhat 😀.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2015, 04:46:49 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2015, 04:13:10 PM
Quote from: WhipHerOnJohn on September 11, 2015, 08:56:51 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 10, 2015, 03:54:39 PM
I've never known PJ to get sent off as a player or a manager, nevermind suspended. Maybe DR and hirtydarry know better. I suppose we'll all just have to wait until Sunday to find out.  ;)
Rumour has it that a member of the CB has said that PJ has no hope of getting the Antrim Senior job (even if he wanted it) after the 'incident' a few weeks ago.
I also have no doubt that PJ will be on the sideline this weekend.
Exactly! Rumours and conjecture. A load a ballix.  ;)

Believe what you wish  ;) it wont make it false.

Anyway any chance you can sort the weather out for sat that it wont lash down on us in Lgiel! I hope it stays away for both games!
it also doesn't make it True. The rain is to pour tonight into tomorrow evening until around the time the match is due you start then it's to fair up a bit. Sunday not too bad looking.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

U10 CHAMPIONSHIP BLITZ at Dunloy called off tomorrow. Preemptive strike based on weather forecast. Hopefully senior games will go ahead.

btdtgtt

Sad for the kids but credit forward planning and sure wee'uns might not enjoy hurling in a downpour!

Fair chance both semis could have 3points or less in them?
(ie) the poc of a ball!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 11, 2015, 10:21:57 PM
Sad for the kids but credit forward planning and sure wee'uns might not enjoy hurling in a downpour!

(ie) the poc of a ball!

Move it to Casement during the week under lights weather to be a lot better from Monday on.... Oh wait
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2015, 10:35:03 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 11, 2015, 10:21:57 PM

(ie) the poc of a ball!

Move it to Casement during the week under lights weather to be a lot better from Monday on.... Oh wait
Bring a strimmer or two.

Fairhead

Not a lot of hurling being talked on here as usual. It seems to be more about rain in Dunloy, referees, SF and how windy it is in Ballycastle!!!

Anyhoo I can't see past Loughgiel on Sunday. Unbeaten all year and a lack lustre performance vs St Galls to buck them up a bit it would be a shock to me if Cushendall get past them.

As for tomorrow Ballycastle haven't beat Dunloy in the championship since 1996 and they have put us out of 4 of the last 7 championships so Dunloy have no reason to fear us. They also have a match winner in Paul Shiels who invariably does step up to the mark for them. They will work as a team and so wont be easy beat.

As for Ballycastle I believe we have 3 potential match winners (Neal McAuley, Saul McCaughan and Ciaran Clarke) but in the last few years as a team they haven't delivered in the championship. Although still a relatively young team quite a number of players have played 5/6 years in the championship so its time they stepped up as a group and delivered on the big day. Although Dunloy have beaten us a lot in recent years I don't think overall they have a better team than Ballycastle so if we can get a big performance from some of our main players in addition to a lot of hard work from players all over the pitch then we might just get over the line. Even Skull will be happy if Ballycastle win, he wont then be part of the last team from Dunloy to have gotten beat by Ballycastle in the championship  :P

theskull1

I'll happily carry that cross for a few more years FH  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Fairhead

Ah damn you Skull your such a team player!!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on September 11, 2015, 11:26:17 PM
Ah damn you Skull your such a team player!!!!

I thought there was more hype into the game last time, were most thought Ballycastle would win...Teams that do their talking on the pitch normally do well  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Quote from: Fairhead on September 11, 2015, 11:07:34 PM
Not a lot of hurling being talked on here as usual. It seems to be more about rain in Dunloy, referees, SF and how windy it is in Ballycastle!!!

Anyhoo I can't see past Loughgiel on Sunday. Unbeaten all year and a lack lustre performance vs St Galls to buck them up a bit it would be a shock to me if Cushendall get past them.

As for tomorrow Ballycastle haven't beat Dunloy in the championship since 1996 and they have put us out of 4 of the last 7 championships so Dunloy have no reason to fear us. They also have a match winner in Paul Shiels who invariably does step up to the mark for them. They will work as a team and so wont be easy beat.

As for Ballycastle I believe we have 3 potential match winners (Neal McAuley, Saul McCaughan and Ciaran Clarke) but in the last few years as a team they haven't delivered in the championship. Although still a relatively young team quite a number of players have played 5/6 years in the championship so its time they stepped up as a group and delivered on the big day. Although Dunloy have beaten us a lot in recent years I don't think overall they have a better team than Ballycastle so if we can get a big performance from some of our main players in addition to a lot of hard work from players all over the pitch then we might just get over the line. Even Skull will be happy if Ballycastle win, he wont then be part of the last team from Dunloy to have gotten beat by Ballycastle in the championship  :P

Neal Mcauley is a great player. He is a poor man marker though. I'd be surprised if he is not sweeper today. If he and Shorty start at 6 and 11 Shorty will get score after score. Dunloy have Nigel Elliott and Nicky McKeague (if fit) to even out Mccaughan/Clarke. Dunloy do have the better defence however. Add the change of management in season and I think....... Ballycastle will win. They're due one and it has to happen some time.

getevennotcross

Quote from: hurlingstick on September 12, 2015, 09:46:09 AM

Neal Mcauley is a great player. He is a poor man marker though. I'd be surprised if he is not sweeper today. If he and Shorty start at 6 and 11 Shorty will get score after score. Dunloy have Nigel Elliott and Nicky McKeague (if fit) to even out Mccaughan/Clarke. Dunloy do have the better defence however. Add the change of management in season and I think....... Ballycastle will win. They're due one and it has to happen some time.
Hockeystick, ur amazing, a really enthralling and passionate analysis, I just cant wait until you get your CAP journalist posting.  Exhilarating stuff man, your talents know no bounds! (NOT)

Dont forget to bring all your old Toicfaidh Armanies, clothes etc. to the games today and tomorrow. County do a whip round for unwanted clothing for our refugee brothers and sisters - jeasus someone thinking outside the box, or maybe its a ploy to get a wardrobe together for wee Joes  innauguration??

WUM-ing aside, bring the unwanted clothing!

culchie11

Quote from: getevennotcross on September 12, 2015, 11:42:22 AM

Hockeystick, ur amazing, a really enthralling and passionate analysis, I just cant wait until you get your CAP journalist posting.  Exhilarating stuff man, your talents know no bounds! (NOT)

Dont forget to bring all your old Toicfaidh Armanies, clothes etc. to the games today and tomorrow. County do a whip round for unwanted clothing for our refugee brothers and sisters - jeasus someone thinking outside the box, or maybe its a ploy to get a wardrobe together for wee Joes  innauguration??

getevennotcross ur some craic!!

r u not away to croker this weekend again?!
if ur not using ur box/seats, i would gladly use it for the day or even next sunday lol

the bookies r never far wrong in the betting stakes, so cant c past a dunloy/loughguile final!
conditions under foot may make both games tighter, but i dont see a serena williams type ripple effect lol

hurlingstick

Quote from: culchie11 on September 12, 2015, 12:01:03 PM

if ur not using ur box/seats, i would gladly use it for the day or even next sunday lol

the bookies r never far wrong in the betting stakes, so cant c past a dunloy/loughguile final!
conditions under foot may make both games tighter, but i dont see a serena williams type ripple effect lol

Toughest game to call from all 6 quarters/semis. Could go either way. Neither team have kicked on much from the game last season. Ballycastle did make two bad management calls then though and they won't be repeated.

getevennotcross

Quote from: culchie11 on September 12, 2015, 12:01:03 PM

Hockeystick, dont be gettin too familiar lad, not recommended, best keeping your distance if you ask me. Box full next Sunday sorry!