Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 10, 2015, 01:42:52 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2015, 12:49:24 PM
Well from a board which touted Loughgiel as a procession all year suddenly Cushendall are being recognised as favoured defending champions!
SiE was right all along!
All adds to the excitement!
With so little to separate them - lets hope it's not a ref's call that makes the difference!
Loughgiel are the bookies favourites. Unbeaten all season, flying all year,hurt by last seasons defeat, beat the Dall twice this season, motivated by their Centenary year.
The Dall not in great form, carrying injuries to Graffin & Shane, young Burke out for the season, poor all season, lucky to beat St Johns,reports of a possible fall out very recently in the camp due to ill discipline I'm hearing??

Everything points to a Loughgiel victory
Cushendall to win pulling up  :D

Excellent lol. +1

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: WhipHerOnJohn on September 10, 2015, 12:37:58 PM
2 really exciting games to look forward to this weekend. i think the town may have enough up front to trouble Dunloy's defence, and i think Cushendall can beat loughgiel if they come with the same work rate as last year, so for what it is worth i think that it will be a Ballycastle v Cushendall final.
Ballycastle by 3 points
Cushendall by 2 points

If anything that would be our strongest part of the team and one i wouldnt have any worries on. Its more up front and getting the scores other than shorty doing all the work is my worry.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Well from a board which touted Loughgiel as a procession all year suddenly Cushendall are being recognised as favoured defending champions!
SiE was right all along!
With so little to separate them - lets hope it's not a ref's call that makes the difference!
Loughgiel are the bookies favourites. Unbeaten all season, flying all year,hurt by last seasons defeat, beat the Dall twice this season, motivated by their Centenary year.
The Dall not in great form, carrying injuries to Graffin & Shane, young Burke out for the season, poor all season, lucky to beat St Johns,reports of a possible fall out very recently in the camp due to ill discipline I'm hearing??

;D ;D ;D add to that the injustice of PJ not being on the side line, well that assuming he hasnt appealed it again  :-X
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 01:18:12 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2015, 01:08:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 12:59:38 PM
SiE was right all along!

Have wee all gone mad ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lets hope a player doesn't fluff his lines when going in on goal or a goal keeper drop one into the net or a player strike another player and get sent off, or a short pass/miss pass or had the shits the night before!!!!!! sooo many things that can make a difference !!

I know you jest  ;D

Indeed MR2 - all of those things are easier for a team to accept!
They made the mistake so they deserved to get beat.

But if a Ref makes a mistake - then a team is beat "unfairly" from a factor beyond their control!
It's much harder to take!

I'm not slating refs - just saying I hope it doesn't happen!

So the one mistake that he makes against the other multitude of  mistakes over the course of 60 plus minutes by players and management will in effect be the undoing of a team?

The mistakes made by the players are easy to accept - you make mistakes you lose.
Mistakes made by Refs are hard to accept - someone else caused you to lose.
It's really simple I don't know what your issue is.

What's the issue with PJ being on the line?

getevennotcross

Dall will give it all despite injuries indiscipline etc. Any word of KR making a cameo appearance on behalf of his beloved Cushedall, or will the expenses not stretch from Waterford to Dall?

Either way, lets hope its a good passionate and physical game and both teams restoring some pride back in the county.  Thank god we are not on for  a Final mis-match like last years, diabolical stuff.  Any thoughts on Portaferry or Slaughtniel bringing about another upset?

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 10, 2015, 02:00:42 PM
SiE was right all along!

;D ;D ;D add to that the injustice of PJ not being on the side line, well that assuming he hasnt appealed it again  :-X

I am sure that Mark will miss (if he isnt on the line) the customary pat on the back and words of advice on how to referee the game every time a LG player is on the ground  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Two Hands FFS

SiE was right all along!

;D This has been kept very quiet..surprised nothing has been said on here for the last couple of weeks about it

johnneycool

Quote from: getevennotcross on September 10, 2015, 02:06:19 PM
Dall will give it all despite injuries indiscipline etc. Any word of KR making a cameo appearance on behalf of his beloved Cushedall, or will the expenses not stretch from Waterford to Dall?

Either way, lets hope its a good passionate and physical game and both teams restoring some pride back in the county.  Thank god we are not on for  a Final mis-match like last years, diabolical stuff.  Any thoughts on Portaferry or Slaughtniel bringing about another upset?

Ports have their own domestic issues to sort out before they worry about the Antrim or Derry champions  8)

Megaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 11:43:10 AM
Quote from: Megaman on September 10, 2015, 11:34:58 AM
jeez lads why do yous bite to this.

it my be one traffic like it was a couple of years ago or like it was over the previous 20 odd years before that manys a time

but one thing is for sure we (and L'giel) will give it our all, if we get hammered will will be back next year doing the same again, just like every other team.

Heres hoping for two good games in which the refs don't spoil them   ;)

I'd say feck the referees and just get the Bishop to throw the ball in, then we can't blame the referee, who would we blame then if someone lost the game?

just to clarify, i said spoil a game, not blame for losing etc, i know you don't seemed to comprehend this but a ref can and has spoiled many a game.

Glensman

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 10, 2015, 02:08:14 PM
SiE was right all along!

;D This has been kept very quiet..surprised nothing has been said on here for the last couple of weeks about it

What is the story?

imtommygunn

SIE knows everything, he should know...

Na Glinntí Glasa

i heard about it a few weeks ago and said nothing cause it was still an ongoing issue. He appealed it to get on the line for the Galls match but was supposed to be up last night again with it (??) so he could be on the line again for the semi. Im not sure what the outcome was.

put it this way, he acted pretty badly towards a ref before, during and after the game and he got reported for it. its not his first time at this carry on either. No manners whatsoever towards officials.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on September 10, 2015, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 11:43:10 AM
Quote from: Megaman on September 10, 2015, 11:34:58 AM
jeez lads why do yous bite to this.

it my be one traffic like it was a couple of years ago or like it was over the previous 20 odd years before that manys a time

but one thing is for sure we (and L'giel) will give it our all, if we get hammered will will be back next year doing the same again, just like every other team.

Heres hoping for two good games in which the refs don't spoil them   ;)

I'd say feck the referees and just get the Bishop to throw the ball in, then we can't blame the referee, who would we blame then if someone lost the game?

just to clarify, i said spoil a game, not blame for losing etc, i know you don't seemed to comprehend this but a ref can and has spoiled many a game.

Look I have played senior for the club for over 25 years, I've lost plenty games, 99% have been due to us playing crap!! a very small percentage of those games were lost by the referee adding things up wrong or a player being unfairly sent off (in my view) or a free being given by a referee at the death in many games!! ..... but to be fair the close run games should have been won far earlier than they needed to be.. mistakes by the line (myself included when managing) and players generally caused defeat.. I accept that players like the referee didn't intend to have a bad day at the office but it happens.. you make your own luck with hard work, hopefully Cushendall (and the rest) have put the effort in this year as they do every year and may the best team win.

I can at least come at this from all sides, player manager and now official, since refereeing and watching club games I see plenty calls that I'd have a different view on, yellow/red/note/free or whatever but until someone comes up with a better way of officiating games then we are stuck with what we have and no referee will ever keep everyone happy..

I'm sounding like a broken record!!!  :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 03, 2015, 02:03:58 PM
This thread is getting very boring and predictable.

You still have your annoying pr1cks (they don't need to be named).

MR2 - who has an opinion on everything but doesn't have the b@lls to criticise another ref if they have a poor game or the CB for fear of getting demoted to Div 4.

SIE - Same old, same old, playing down his teams chances of winning the championship, bla bla bla.  Don't know how LW got on the pitch against St Galls with SIE hanging from his @ss.
(PS - Is it true someone will need binoculars for the next round of the SHC. :-X :-) )

Everyone can talk all they want about St Johns being unlucky, Cushendall getting out of jail etc etc.

The result is determined by the score at the end of the game, not at half time or with 5 mins to go.

St Johns were flying, Cushendall's problems with injuries had been well enough documented, St Johns were coming to cause an upset - close but no cigar!

Told you someone would need binoculars!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Ive always believed that blaming a ref for a defeat is the sign of a bad team/manager. They get calls wrong, it happens. I did an U14 game once and was amazed at how much goes on and how much you cant see. Imagine what a senior game is like!

Haha its not for me but i can appreciate that its impossible to see everything, esp if its on the wrong side of you!
hurl like f**k boi!