Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 10, 2015, 09:44:57 AM
MR2 maybe you have the red tinted goggles on. Yes Loughgiel are favorites and yes Loughgiel are the form team this year but I doubt it'll be one way traffic. We haven't had much of a season so far due to a terrible injury list that has included many of our best players. However in my opinion we are the team best equipped to give Loughgiel a game and we are the county champions. Have Loughgiel peaked too early? Can we lift our game given poor league form? Answers on Sunday!!! In the other game I fancy the Town to finally take a big scalp.

I really don't recall many times, in many years, that top teams meet in championship - and it's one-way traffic.
Cant see this game being anything other than close all the way.

Same goes for both semis.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 10, 2015, 09:44:57 AM
MR2 maybe you have the red tinted goggles on. Yes Loughgiel are favorites and yes Loughgiel are the form team this year but I doubt it'll be one way traffic. We haven't had much of a season so far due to a terrible injury list that has included many of our best players. However in my opinion we are the team best equipped to give Loughgiel a game and we are the county champions. Have Loughgiel peaked too early? Can we lift our game given poor league form? Answers on Sunday!!! In the other game I fancy the Town to finally take a big scalp.

I'm on the wind up!!! no way will there be one way traffic like the final of a few years ago in Ballycastle, that wont ever happen again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 10, 2015, 09:21:03 AM
Quote from: hurlingstick on September 09, 2015, 08:27:30 PM
Was on Dunloy's pitch tonight. Great nick. Roll on the weekend.

i know, we have all the turf cut from it that was there from the previous game hence why she was such a bog  ;D lol

Aye its in good shape, its been closed up and cut since the Cdall game so its in perfect nick for sundays big match. Hopefully the rain stays away for it.

Did we check for habitat living in all the hether and bodies from 900 BC
Let's call this weekend '' men in the bog''
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Megaman

jeez lads why do yous bite to this.

it my be one traffic like it was a couple of years ago or like it was over the previous 20 odd years before that manys a time

but one thing is for sure we (and L'giel) will give it our all, if we get hammered will will be back next year doing the same again, just like every other team.

Heres hoping for two good games in which the refs don't spoil them   ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on September 10, 2015, 11:34:58 AM
jeez lads why do yous bite to this.

it my be one traffic like it was a couple of years ago or like it was over the previous 20 odd years before that manys a time

but one thing is for sure we (and L'giel) will give it our all, if we get hammered will will be back next year doing the same again, just like every other team.

Heres hoping for two good games in which the refs don't spoil them   ;)

I'd say feck the referees and just get the Bishop to throw the ball in, then we can't blame the referee, who would we blame then if someone lost the game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

I think it will be a Loughgiel v Ballycastle final.

Na Glinntí Glasa

if ballycastle get to the final will it still be played at their home ground?
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 10, 2015, 12:14:42 PM

If we are lucky enough to get through on Saturday, I would say the final will be in Dunloy. Could also be in Cushendall if Loughgiel beat Cushendall, or Loughgiels pitch for the final if Cushendall beat the shams (can't see that happening)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bonamargy on September 10, 2015, 12:19:55 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 10, 2015, 12:14:42 PM

If we are lucky enough to get through on Saturday, I would say the final will be in Dunloy. Could also be in Cushendall if Loughgiel beat Cushendall, or Loughgiels pitch for the final if Cushendall beat the shams (can't see that happening)

Some pressure on Loughgiel, I suppose that it's like every year, can take a hop of a ball or a slip to decide some games... Best 4 teams in the semis this year so no excuses, games should be intense and nervous for the fans

WhipHerOnJohn

2 really exciting games to look forward to this weekend. i think the town may have enough up front to trouble Dunloy's defence, and i think Cushendall can beat loughgiel if they come with the same work rate as last year, so for what it is worth i think that it will be a Ballycastle v Cushendall final.
Ballycastle by 3 points
Cushendall by 2 points

btdtgtt

Well from a board which touted Loughgiel as a procession all year suddenly Cushendall are being recognised as favoured defending champions!
SiE was right all along!
All adds to the excitement!
With so little to separate them - lets hope it's not a ref's call that makes the difference!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2015, 12:49:24 PM
Well from a board which touted Loughgiel as a procession all year suddenly Cushendall are being recognised as favoured defending champions!
SiE was right all along!
With so little to separate them - lets hope it's not a ref's call that makes the difference!

Have wee all gone mad ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lets hope a player doesn't fluff his lines when going in on goal or a goal keeper drop one into the net or a player strike another player and get sent off, or a short pass/miss pass or had the shits the night before!!!!!! sooo many things that can make a difference !!

I know you jest  ;D

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 12:59:38 PM
SiE was right all along!

Have wee all gone mad ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lets hope a player doesn't fluff his lines when going in on goal or a goal keeper drop one into the net or a player strike another player and get sent off, or a short pass/miss pass or had the shits the night before!!!!!! sooo many things that can make a difference !!

I know you jest  ;D

Indeed MR2 - all of those things are easier for a team to accept!
They made the mistake so they deserved to get beat.

But if a Ref makes a mistake - then a team is beat "unfairly" from a factor beyond their control!
It's much harder to take!

I'm not slating refs - just saying I hope it doesn't happen!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2015, 01:08:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2015, 12:59:38 PM
SiE was right all along!

I know you jest  ;D

Indeed MR2 - all of those things are easier for a team to accept!
They made the mistake so they deserved to get beat.

But if a Ref makes a mistake - then a team is beat "unfairly" from a factor beyond their control!
It's much harder to take!

I'm not slating refs - just saying I hope it doesn't happen!

So the one mistake that he makes against the other multitude of  mistakes over the course of 60 plus minutes by players and management will in effect be the undoing of a team?

Two Hands FFS

SiE was right all along!
Loughgiel are the bookies favourites. Unbeaten all season, flying all year,hurt by last seasons defeat, beat the Dall twice this season, motivated by their Centenary year.
The Dall not in great form, carrying injuries to Graffin & Shane, young Burke out for the season, poor all season, lucky to beat St Johns,reports of a possible fall out very recently in the camp due to ill discipline I'm hearing??

Everything points to a Loughgiel victory
Cushendall to win pulling up  :D