Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Quote from: getevennotcross on August 23, 2015, 04:51:05 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2015, 03:04:32 PM
So we provide more players for the county than anyone else, something we have been doing consistently for many years and we have questions to answer?
Yeah, send some good ones, the current crop are not having the desired effect.

i don't know why people even respond to people like this. 

Haven't been on here the last few days and these latest posts really made me laugh.

Good job any sensible minded person doesn't take the likes of him serious.

north aontroim gael

For what it's worth, my predictions for this week:

Tuesday
Loughgiel Reserves to beat Portaferry by 5+

Saturday
Ballycastle to beat Rossa by 6+
Loughgiel to beat St Galls by 15+

Sunday
Carey by the minimum
Creggan to beat Gorts with a few to spare
Dunloy to beat Clooney by 15+
Cushendall to beat St Johns by 8+

theskull1

It was probably the most negative game I have ever seen, it wasn't a great spectacle

http://www.the42.ie/jj-doyle-wexford-antrim-2-2288646-Aug2015/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not much to disagree with. Damage limitations maybe saves reputations but makes for poor fare.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on August 24, 2015, 11:07:46 AM
It was probably the most negative game I have ever seen, it wasn't a great spectacle

http://www.the42.ie/jj-doyle-wexford-antrim-2-2288646-Aug2015/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not much to disagree with. Damage limitations maybe saves reputations but makes for poor fare.

Dont think KR had much choice other than to go ultra defensive.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on August 24, 2015, 01:18:45 PM

It's not pretty but in some cases it's all you've got, losing by 30 points and playing the open 15 on 15 won't win you any admirers.... It gives the southerners the usual sound bite, "aye the have it hard up there and keep it going" fecking crap....

Knowing your strengths and weaknesses, that's what happened at the weekend, left with no option but to take defeat but at least be competitive, 5 points down in first half was a good showing he's only gurning cause he didn't know how to beat that system...

We are playing Loughgiel on Sunday, if I were manager (again) I'd be playing a sweeper system, 4 half backs, but would still need two quality forwards with pace to win wide balls that would hopefully be placed by the spare man... now you can't always win these games but if you stay close enough and tag on frees and nick a goal then anything can happen, am I defensive? yes but only against certain teams, horses for courses
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

wino

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2015, 01:32:19 PM

It's not pretty but in some cases it's all you've got, losing by 30 points and playing the open 15 on 15 won't win you any admirers.... It gives the southerners the usual sound bite, "aye the have it hard up there and keep it going" fecking crap....

Knowing your strengths and weaknesses, that's what happened at the weekend, left with no option but to take defeat but at least be competitive, 5 points down in first half was a good showing he's only gurning cause he didn't know how to beat that system...

We are playing Loughgiel on Sunday, if I were manager (again) I'd be playing a sweeper system, 4 half backs, but would still need two quality forwards with pace to win wide balls that would hopefully be placed by the spare man... now you can't always win these games but if you stay close enough and tag on frees and nick a goal then anything can happen, am I defensive? yes but only against certain teams, horses for courses

MR2, that's a real defensive solution. If you turn up on sunday you'll definitely be beaten!

Na Glinntí Glasa

If antrim had of went 15v15 they would of been hammered off the pitch. KR knew that and tried to strangle wexfords movement in the forwards thus forcing them to shoot from distance all the time.

What other choice did he have?
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Been reading this all last week. Geteven your still a fool.  As for the U21s.  Fair play to the lads that showed up. They tried there best and reading the papers the week before. It wasn't a game I'd say many were looking forward to.  So I tip the hat to the lads that showed up.    See on the social network a young lad being proud of the result. "Better than last year". Maybe not to much between the ears.  Still the same result young fella  :o
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: wino on August 24, 2015, 01:46:40 PM

MR2, that's a real defensive solution. If you turn up on sunday you'll definitely be beaten!

Did you see the result this year against yas? 8-26 or something!!! Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but ffs!!!  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: shoebox on August 23, 2015, 11:06:08 PM
Sorry I know that and it is indeed nasty stuff but I'm on about next year.

With the 4 going down from Division 2 it means there will be two teams going to Div 3 who will be much too strong for it. Looking like Sarsfields and one of Carey or Armoy.
Sure maybe the top table will take pity on them next year and rejig the leagues again!! Thats life in the lower leagues. They knew as we all did that this was in the post.

theskull1

If you enter a competition to play damage limitations like Antrim played, you're playing at the wrong level...i.e. we shouldn't have been there if we didn't think we could make a decent game of it. Our development structure seem to go completely AWOL between 17 and 21.

The reasons to want to be a top county hurler are harder to find in Antrim than in the heartlands.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on August 24, 2015, 04:34:33 PM
If you enter a competition to play damage limitations like Antrim played, you're playing at the wrong level...i.e. we shouldn't have been there if we didn't think we could make a decent game of it. Our development structure seem to go completely AWOL between 17 and 21.

The reasons to want to be a top county hurler are harder to find in Antrim than in the heartlands.

Too true.

Also, t's only fixture congestion that has croke park maintaining the current U21 structure which allows us to play in the semi final stage.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 24, 2015, 03:35:36 PM
Quote from: wino on August 24, 2015, 01:46:40 PM

Did you see the result this year against yas? 8-26 or something!!! Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but ffs!!!  ;D
Aye. Yas had a gather up that evening mr2. No mcgourtys or Stewart playing. Yous will get the respect you deserve.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 24, 2015, 04:34:33 PM

Whether we should or should not be there is for another discussion... We (Antrim under21's) had a choice do you play damage limitations or do you get spanked right out da gate and get even more shit publicity?

Some teams move up a league and its a tough lesson, the gap between the big teams and smaller team's is big.. You cant always go out and play it the way the purists want it, its counter productive for a team to get hammered every game... They get relegated and might not get up for many years. They could be a small club that hurling isn't their main code at the club, but if you can string along good performances and nip a win or two it certainly gives the lads confidence... I know a lot of people aren't for that but needs must at times..

Again fair play to the lads that give it their all

ManInBlackandGreen

New County Chairman race hots up at last,  see the county money men backing allegedly J Donnelly St Johns, wee J may struggle with that one, X chosen one Ray M also throwing his whistle in the ring, now all we need is a new County secretary and job done, what ya say GETEVEN?