Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: Hand up on August 23, 2015, 10:23:01 AM
On Yesterday's match I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the score line, and effort of the Of the lads. Wexford where very wasteful but we kept plugging away and although living on scraps did quite well. Christys Goal should have stood which would have helped. A few of the lads where very good, Gerard Walsh, Ryan, Sual tried hard, and Campbell scored 2 great points,  Maol wasn't bad either.
Considering KRs nonsense it was a good effort, if slightly defensive for my liking.
CB wished or grew a set, the 2 arseholes could be suspended for not making themselves available for Yesterday's match, the rules are in place to deal with them. Also from the u21 team that won the championship, they had one player on the panel, fair play to him. Hopefully they'll be well rested for next Sunday's championship, while all the other lads will be playing today.
Obviously a Dall man or you just dont like St. Johns?  The 2 Arsholes suspended, are you having a laugh, the county capitualed, the manager capitulated so the two young cubs were presented with a gift option. Do you know the curcumstances as to why they did not travel? Just button it.

Hand up

Obviously a Dall man or you just dont like St. Johns?  The 2 Arsholes suspended, are you having a laugh, the county capitualed, the manager capitulated so the two young cubs were presented with a gift option. Do you know the curcumstances as to why they did not travel? Just button it.

No shit Sherlock!!  There are sanctions in place to deal with Clubs/Players in these circumstances, and because they aren't enforced has/ is causing the open door policy that is embarrassing our County and holding us back, where players pick and choose when they turn up. Unless they had a death in the family they should have been there!! How many occasions this year alone has this happened with one or other or both of these this year alone?

getevennotcross

Quote from: Hand up on August 23, 2015, 12:52:06 PM

No shit Sherlock!!  There are sanctions in place to deal with Clubs/Players in these circumstances, and because they aren't enforced has/ is causing the open door policy that is embarrassing our County and holding us back, where players pick and choose when they turn up. Unless they had a death in the family they should have been there!! How many occasions this year alone has this happened with one or other or both of these this year alone?
They are only cubs and amatuers and open to influence. They are not beholding to you or anyone like you, so catch a grip.  Maybe its St. Johns looking for an edge next week, given all them Dall men are so forthright, loyal and ccommitted to the county. Dall have also a lot to answer for if you ask me.  'Let those without sin springs to mind'. Also, do you honestly think the incumbent CB have the moral fabric or wherewithall to sanction any player who did not wish to turn out for the county regardless of  the circumstances, I ask you!

theskull1

The Dunloy Rossa match is now in Belfast @3:30
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hand up

Ok I can't wait for this answer, Go on ahead tell me which Cushendall players haven't turned out for the County? And let's get it straight our lads play for the County because it's their County, not Jim Murrays, or Kevin Ryan!! But they are proud Antrim men, enjoy it, and want to TRY and better themselves be as best they can.

hurlingstick

Quote from: theskull1 on August 23, 2015, 01:12:12 PM
The Dunloy Rossa match is now in Belfast @3:30

Cheers Skull... Your pitch struggles at times to hold the rain.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Hand up on August 23, 2015, 01:21:26 PM
Ok I can't wait for this answer, Go on ahead tell me which Cushendall players haven't turned out for the County? And let's get it straight our lads play for the County because it's their County, not Jim Murrays, or Kevin Ryan!! But they are proud Antrim men, enjoy it, and want to TRY and better themselves be as best they can.
Aaaahhhh. I thought it was Cushendalls and KR's county.  Got it all covered now, whilst I am not sure we will keep the expenses curtailed; appoint Sambo (FQ/HQ on the line of course) and have the Dall represent the county at inter-county level, all our problems solved then, SIMPLES!  (A winning, committed team who just love their county, absolute complete and utter bollocks.)

Jesusjones

So we provide more players for the county than anyone else, something we have been doing consistently for many years and we have questions to answer?

getevennotcross

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 23, 2015, 03:04:32 PM
So we provide more players for the county than anyone else, something we have been doing consistently for many years and we have questions to answer?
Yeah, send some good ones, the current crop are not having the desired effect.

Jesusjones

btdtgtt

Did you get to the rossa match skull?
How do you see them against ballycastle?

No league game for the johnnies today before the cushendall match?

Hand up

What a clown!! I asked what we had to answer for and you reply with pure drivel. Get back to the topic, Send some good ones, have you players better than Graffin, Shane, Neill at Ryan?

theskull1

I did. Apart from us getting the goals in the second half and them being noisier than us  :) there wasn't much between the teams. Was a decent enough game. Rossa moved the ball well on their short puck outs and Armstrong and Beattie are decent targets up the middle in their forward line. We attacked them well in the second half and got well rewarded for it getting the 3 goals.

Haven't seen the town since they've changed their management so I'd only be guessing how well they'll get on but I reckon Ballycastle will be too pacy up front for them.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 23, 2015, 05:55:59 PM

We played the Johnnies today without the mcgourtys Karl Stewart and couple other players... Was level with 3 minutes to go... We missed a right few frees too... Johnnies at full strength also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 23, 2015, 06:29:54 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on August 23, 2015, 05:55:59 PM

We played the Johnnies today without the mcgourtys Karl Stewart and couple other players... Was level with 3 minutes to go... We missed a right few frees too... Johnnies at full strength also

Thanks MR2 - no chance of a Johnnies shock then? No surprise.