Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Well done to the minors & seniors today. Hard one for the seniors to get motivated for...win & they get no praise. Lose & they get dogs abuse.

Anyway thank god the year is over. Time for a new manager

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 12, 2015, 03:07:20 PM
You got to love the Munster final hi.  8)

Just because it is the 'munster final' doesnt automatically make good.

Today was mediocre at best and one of the worst in recent memory.

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on July 12, 2015, 06:28:36 PM

Aww lads come on da fcuk!
On the way home from the game - you have to feel for the deise! Such a young team to fight like that against seasoned all-Ireland contenders! Heart-broken.

Nag - u are totally wrong.
Just because it's the Munster final DOES make it good. The buzz in the square and the walk to the park are magical.
In terms of the hurling - the intensity was there for all to see. Every player squeezing every fibre of their being for every ball.
Waterford didn't take the goal chances - and in the melting pot Tipperary took their points. That's all that's was in it.

It was didn't have goals but by God it was a battle and I appreciated that from players. Some of the skill at high speed in contact was all there. I can't even give credence to anyone who didn't appreciate gleeson and tadgh de burca today.

As for the worst final in recent memory?
What age are you?

Limerick and cork had 9 or 10 points between them masked only by the treaty celebrations - and I can never forget the 7 goal drubbing tipp put on Waterford.

I saw the score from the Antrim game - anything of interest?
When are the next club fixtures?

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 12, 2015, 08:13:26 PM

On the way home from the game - you have to feel for the deise! Such a young team to fight like that against seasoned all-Ireland contenders! Heart-broken.

Just because it's the Munster final DOES make it good. The buzz in the square and the walk to the park are magical.
In terms of the hurling - the intensity was there for all to see. Every player squeezing every fibre of their being for every ball.
Waterford didn't take the goal chances - and in the melting pot Tipperary took their points. That's all that's was in it.

It was didn't have goals but by God it was a battle and I appreciated that from players. Some of the skill at high speed in contact was all there. I can't even give credence to anyone who didn't appreciate gleeson and tadgh de burca today.

What age are you?

Limerick and cork had 9 or 10 points between them masked only by the treaty celebrations - and I can never forget the 7 goal drubbing tipp put on Waterford.

I think you may have spent a little too long in the square before the game,  you are buying into the Munster final mythology.

Yeah the game was intense as are most championship matches,  Callanan scoreless from play,  not one shot at either keeper in the whole 70,  basic errors from both teams and the game littered with bad bad club wides.

Have a look back at it tomorrow when the southern air has subsided slightly and you may actually have a different opinion.

Even the RTE pundits at half time couldnt believe some of the play but maybe since they were all trying so hard that makes up for it  ;)

Seamroga in exile

::)  The Munster final is an occasion. Steeped in history. The match itself wasn't fantastic but the atmosphere and the craic around it we're immeasurable. What was it like at owenbeg?  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: NAG1 on July 12, 2015, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on July 12, 2015, 08:13:26 PM

What age are you?

I think you may have spent a little too long in the square before the game,  you are buying into the Munster final mythology.

Yeah the game was intense as are most championship matches,  Callanan scoreless from play,  not one shot at either keeper in the whole 70,  basic errors from both teams and the game littered with bad bad club wides.

Have a look back at it tomorrow when the southern air has subsided slightly and you may actually have a different opinion.

Even the RTE pundits at half time couldnt believe some of the play but maybe since they were all trying so hard that makes up for it  ;)

I won't get the Sunday game until tomorrow nag but I just don't accept it wasn't a good game.
Sure, we all love to see the net shaking in a 4-18 to 4-17 thriller but look at the game again - there was plenty of skill to enjoy and serious intensity - much more than others so far. Not everyone's cup of tea maybe (positional tactics coming so much more into the game) but I can't accept it was a bad/poor game.

And as for the worst in recent memory? Come on now!

Put it this way - you can agree it's the best standard of hurling Owen Elliot has been involved with for a while!

Milltown Row2

Someone put up the Antrim team from yesterday?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

You have to give it to the lads yesterday, despite a mediocre team they produced a result when everyone had written them off.  So another meaningless. Ulster championship for Antrim!  Strengthens Johnston's case in that, Antrim should not be permitted safe passage to an Ulster final.  Maybe our recent misfortunes has something to do with not playing Dall and Galls men, dont play them and Antrim win.

I have to agree with NAG, watched the Munster Final last night when I got home, certainly a buzz about Semple stadium, but very ordinary and not very exciting.

Well off on my hols again for the next two weeks, dont kick off the revolution without me, I may be in a position to  secure a good hurling sponsor, but it has some pre-requisites and dependencies?

MoChara

Have to say mediocre is the word for it, if it wasn't for the down keeper making a clanger in the first 5 minutes and the lines man getting the Down point wrong at the end who knows what the outcome would have been. I don't think they even tried in the first half almost taking it for granted a mate of mine even saying to me you'd think this was the team trying to get rid of Ryan themselves.

Antrim won with Ryan McCambridge, Connor Carson playing and Paddy Burke coming on as a sub so Cushendall where represented with who they had fit.

My match hightlight was the man on the Tannoy shouting "jesus" and "how tha frig do you say that"  ;D ;D ;D

getevennotcross

Quote from: MoChara on July 13, 2015, 10:32:24 AM
Have to say mediocre is the word for it, if it wasn't for the down keeper making a clanger in the first 5 minutes and the lines man getting the Down point wrong at the end who knows what the outcome would have been. I don't think they even tried in the first half almost taking it for granted a mate of mine even saying to me you'd think this was the team trying to get rid of Ryan themselves.

Antrim won with Ryan McCambridge, Connor Carson playing and Paddy Burke coming on as a sub so Cushendall where represented with who they had fit.

My match hightlight was the man on the Tannoy shouting "jesus" and "how tha frig do you say that"  ;D ;D ;D
Apologies, I was alluding to the high profile Dall and Galls men, if you know what I mean?

MoChara

And Eoghanin Campbell too  :P

I presume you're talking about Graffin and McManus being missing from a Cushendall side, I'd have thought a bit more leadership would have sured Antrim up in the first half but then again possibly the tactics of the first half were too confusing in themselves, moving players all around the park, leaving Down with a sweeper who mopped everything from our 3/4 line up.

Where's Ciaran Clarke? Did I hear right he went to the States for the summer?

keep her low this half

I thought ( I may be wrong ) that Mcmanus and Graffin were both injured and had not played for Cushendall recently. As far as i know Ciaran clarke is in America along with 4 or 5 other Ballycastle regulars.

imtommygunn

They're just injured. It was far from a first choice antrim team so it was actually a very good win. Nit sure how many you would call regulars on the first 15.

clootfromthe21

I see we have Dublin in the minor quarter final. Would love it if we could give them a serious go for 60 minutes. It seems they were a bit unlucky in the Leinster final and give us a fair trimming in the Leinster League so it will be a serious challenge.

Last Man

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 13, 2015, 06:46:03 PM
I see we have Dublin in the minor quarter final. Would love it if we could give them a serious go for 60 minutes. It seems they were a bit unlucky in the Leinster final and give us a fair trimming in the Leinster League so it will be a serious challenge.
Wouldnt have been our 1st 15 in the league to be fair but a big challenge for us nonetheless