Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Some Score for Loughgiel last night against St Galls 8.27 to 0.2

theskull1

Belfast team/July/Away Match/Against the best team in the County/

Was never going to be pretty. How did you play MR?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

getevennotcross

Quote from: MoChara on July 10, 2015, 10:06:55 AM
You would expect they (St. Galls) would be embarrassed?  Do they not know to play with a goalkeeper?

theskull1

Full back line set up like this?  :o

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Quote from: shoebox on July 09, 2015, 10:40:34 PM
Can you post the team?

According to Antrim F/Book

1. C O'Connell     
2. O McFaddden 
3. M Donnelly     
4.T. O'Ciarain   

5. J Dillon           
6. C.McKinley     
7. T McCann     

8. N McAuley
9. E McAlonan

10.  N Mc Kenna
11. C McCann
12. E. Campbell

13. D McClean
14. C. Carson
15. D McKernan

16. C Heyden
17. R McCambridge
18. P Burke
19. M Dudley
20 . T Burns
21. J Connolly
22. C Ross
23. D. Traynor
24. Patrick McBride
25. Paul Sheils
26. PJ O'Connell

Na Glinntí Glasa

shortys injured hence why he doesnt start. Tho he will prob make an appearance at some point
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: getevennotcross on July 10, 2015, 10:37:15 AM
Quote from: MoChara on July 10, 2015, 10:06:55 AM
You would expect they (St. Galls) would be embarrassed?  Do they not know to play with a goalkeeper?

judging by how mental their keeper was the last time i seen him he was prob half way up the pitch most of the night! lol good keeper all the same.

Lgiel are on a roll now and look unstoppable. Its prob the first time in a long time that not one person ive spoken to from another club can see anything other than a Lgiel title.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: shoebox on July 10, 2015, 11:43:37 AM
Ryan McCambridge back to good health? PJ back on the panel?

Ryan seems to be.. Pj has being going well for the club apparently, also I thought McAlonan was on holidays.

hurlingstick

The amount of average club players in that squad is frightening.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on July 10, 2015, 10:17:34 AM
Belfast team/July/Away Match/Against the best team in the County/

Was never going to be pretty. How did you play MR?

I was away on hols!! Seems everyone else was also!! That's as bad a score I've ever seen... Fair fcuks to Loughgiel for not holding back and laying down a marker for championship  ;)

Well, in life you get out of it what you put in..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: hurlingstick on July 10, 2015, 01:09:27 PM
The amount of average club players in that squad is frightening.

Shows the level the county is at when you get a phone call the week before an Ulster final. Fair play to those who got the call though.

wino

St Galls never started and Loughgiel were pretty ruthless. Think there'll be tighter games before all is said and done.
Antrim panel is full of good hurlers but not all inter county standard, wouldn't surprise me If they were turned over. Win lose or draw the manager has to go. I haven't seen kevin ryan at a match in a long time and he relies totally on other identifying hurlers, especially regarding the under 21 team, I am aware of a number of very suitable players in the county that he didn't know even existed.
In my opinion we need someone who knows who the hurlers are, can think outside his own club and just bring a bit of common sense to it to start with, other areas can be improved on if the basic structures are set in place first.

btdtgtt

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 10, 2015, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: wino on July 10, 2015, 07:06:53 PM
St Galls never started and Loughgiel were pretty ruthless. Think there'll be tighter games before all is said and done.

I'm putting this down to the already imbalance teamsheets being magnified by the date. Or do St Galls being deducted points reduce their interest to copper-fasten relegation acceptance?

Antrim panel is full of good hurlers but not all inter county standard, wouldn't surprise me If they were turned over. Win lose or draw the manager has to go.

I remember being chastised on this forum when calling for his head as we had to "accept this was our level

I haven't seen kevin ryan at a match in a long time and he relies totally on other identifying hurlers, especially regarding the under 21 team, I am aware of a number of very suitable players in the county that he didn't know even existed.
In my opinion we need someone who knows who the hurlers are, can think outside his own club and just bring a bit of common sense to it to start with, other areas can be improved on if the basic structures are set in place first.

Dinny Cahill also called up some ridiculous names. I think some southern coaches look down on our level and believe it's only they who can raise ability here anyway!

Sorry - sorted - g.e.n.t

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 10, 2015, 08:26:03 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on July 10, 2015, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: wino on July 10, 2015, 07:06:53 PM

I'm putting this down to the already imbalance teamsheets being magnified by the date. Or do St Galls being deducted points reduce their interest to copper-fasten relegation acceptance?

Antrim panel is full of good hurlers but not all inter county standard, wouldn't surprise me If they were turned over. Win lose or draw the manager has to go.

I remember being chastised on this forum when calling for his head as we had to "accept this was our level

I haven't seen kevin ryan at a match in a long time and he relies totally on other identifying hurlers, especially regarding the under 21 team, I am aware of a number of very suitable players in the county that he didn't know even existed.

Dinny Cahill also called up some ridiculous names. I think some southern coaches look down on our level and believe it's only they who can raise ability here anyway!
We heard you the first time btdtgtt!

Seamroga in exile

You got to love the Munster final hi.  8)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"