Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Spare a thought for Aaron Graffin. Gives so much to the game and probably lying in a Westmeath hospital right now. Those players will be gutted on the bus home. Long miserable journey while we are all in our nice warm homes. If we beat Carlow next week and Westmeath beat Laois we'll still make a Leinster quarter final. I'm assuming if Laois win it will come down to points difference.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 10, 2015, 06:59:35 PM
That's a serious stuffing and you wouldn't find anyone trying to defend it
SIE for the next manager then we can wheel out watson and look forward to stuffing kilkenny and tipp
Change the record and take your told you so smugness where they haven't heard it before
all joking aside lad, you've got a problem. Leave me out of your whining.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: thedog 83 on May 10, 2015, 07:12:04 PM
Bad day at the office today, no doubt about it. According to club aontroma Twitter feed if we do get beat next week we are in the Christy Ring Cup next year.

Aaron Graffin was the player injured. He was took to hospital with a suspected dislocated knee

Thanks. Great player and a massive loss for club and county. Best wishes to him.

Seamroga in exile

Good luck to young Graffin. I hope for a speedy recovery. One of our all time best backs.

thedog 83

Moving off topic. What would be the best way off getting to Boucher Playing Fields from Castlecourt? Never been before!!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: thedog 83 on May 10, 2015, 07:48:39 PM
Moving off topic. What would be the best way off getting to Boucher Playing Fields from Castlecourt? Never been before!!!

Probably up the lisburn road and down tates??

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: frostbit on May 10, 2015, 08:05:52 PM
SIE, you weren't to be heard after last week's win but low and behold, you're back at it today.
are you blind? I suggest you go back and look. You're posting from the north Antrim hound school of internet logic. Like I said to him, move on, leave me out of your meanderings.

Last Man

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 10, 2015, 05:41:45 PM
Just out from Cusack Park as an interested neutral.

the Antrim lads looked unfit, some of them overweight, poor hurling, poor striking and no speed about anything they did.

Westmeath beat them pulling up.

Losing Graffin seemed to really rattle us, he's a pivotal player after all. Work rate by a few you could normally depend on dropped . Confidence gradually ebbing away we lost our shape and any prospect of putting it up to them. West meath were decent and didn't let up, won the lions share of dirty ball and moved the ball faster, our decision making was inexplicably slow at times. No way we are that bad.

btdtgtt

Leave castlecourt going up the falls road.
Take a left on to the westlink.
Come off at stockmans lane exit.
Left at the roundabout and left again on to Boucher road.
The playing fields are on your left after homebase and facing Charles hurst.
Parking available on site.
Only basic portacabin changing facilities.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: thedog 83 on May 10, 2015, 07:12:04 PM
Bad day at the office today, no doubt about it. According to club aontroma Twitter feed if we do get beat next week we are in the Christy Ring Cup next year.

Aaron Graffin was the player injured. He was took to hospital with a suspected dislocated knee
maybe the Christy Ring is our level.  Jesus it would be so easy to go of on one now. But after praising the lads last week, am not gonna start and give out.  Simply couldn't be bothered.  For me the players that's there we should be winning games against the westmeaths and Carlows of the world.  Something just isn't right men,  plain and simple.     Speedy recovery to Arron.  Great player. Wish we had more like him!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

"Something just isn't right men"

Never a truer sentence posted.

btdtgtt

When Kerry beat us we had a wave of "this is our level".
I cannot accept that a drubbing by Westmeath is our level.

drici

Antrim still have a chance of playing Kerry again this year.

1st Plays Offaly
2nd Plays Wexford
3rd Plays Winner of Christy Ring with the Winner of that being in Leinster Championship and the Loser being in the Christy Ring next year
4th Plays in/Relegated to Christy Ring next year

Sleeping giant

Christy Ring it will be!!!! Maybe it will have the desired effect that rossa were looking for.  Drop down.  Win something.  Back up and build on it.  Lord god am f**king going gray over this whole antrim hurling set up!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Something not right for sure
I would say Ryan can't wait to get Carlow game over and get the hell out of dodge
I just can't take in the score and how bad we played
Maybe   Graffins injury shock them up by all accounts the lad is badly hurt
Hope he is not suffering to much
More thinking of him than the result
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets