Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: brendanbelfast on April 17, 2015, 08:10:22 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 16, 2015, 05:58:46 PM
I'm glad I'm not a johnnies stalwart listening to that debate  ;)

The point about are salaried official remains valid Brendan - to deflect the argument doesn't deal with that.

I wasn't in Parnell and I have no qualms about that. I've spent a fortune travelling Ireland for good and bad times with Antrim - does not having the time or money to attend that game mean someone's opinion isn't valid?
Better still - many people couldn't go because they were so busy doing work with their own clubs.
Look at scheduling - does it allow club men to support our county? Does it hell! This from a county that scheduled club championship at the same time as the county U21 hurlers were winning an all-Ireland semi final!

But if someone can't afford to go to a game, has to work, or is busy in their club - then they cannot comment on their county.

Deflecting the point is another way of hiding from it.

Instead of trying to turn the argument by asking what others are doing - maybe the 1st step would be for our executive to acknowledge that something is seriously wrong. Heavens forbid.

And I will say again - it's an Internet chat room. If you complain about people offering comments then you can't grasp that concept.

I wasn't deflecting the point at all, simply pointing out that if someone regards working with kids as 'slaving away' then they should probably not be doing it. As for not being at Kerry game  - not was I. I have only made it to 4 county games in total this year - it doesn't stop anyone commenting on the state of our Association. Who is complaining about people offering comments?

Not that the original post in question was mine but:
Yes but u picked county attendance & a throwaway phrase - to detract from a post without addressing the main points of it being elsewhere - points u chose to ignore.
Buts that's ur prerogative - just like its seems it's our county executives!

Quite a few posters complaining recently about people commenting! On a chat forum - fancy that!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: getevennotcross on April 17, 2015, 08:19:42 PM
Hairoil, it is like this.  Firstly, what gives you the right to question anyone on here, I am not accountable to you or the likes of you.  Secondly, it is not concern of yours what I do, other than to say, what I do gets done and gets done well, period!

You give the impression you are someone of some standing, but I am not that convinced.  I don't know who you are nor do I care in the slightest, but please spare me the indignity of your I do this and I do that crap.   I am sure I and other posters (well maybe not I) would be interested to hear what you do, which is of any substance and is making any significant change for the better in Antrim.?  I think the ojohnathanrossa contributor has you well taped?

Are you Kevin McGourty or one of the Sheehans by any chance?

Its my opinion just mine. But I think you're full off shit .... But hey that's just my thought... But keep doing what you do, as I'm sure considering the way Antrim is at the moment most people are happy with how you, get things done and done well lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

getevennotcross

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2015, 08:24:28 PM
Hairoil, it is like this.  Firstly, what gives you the right to question anyone on here, I am not accountable to you or the likes of you.  Secondly, it is not concern of yours what I do, other than to say, what I do gets done and gets done well, period!

You give the impression you are someone of some standing, but I am not that convinced.  I don't know who you are nor do I care in the slightest, but please spare me the indignity of your I do this and I do that crap.   I am sure I and other posters (well maybe not I) would be interested to hear what you do, which is of any substance and is making any significant change for the better in Antrim.?  I think the ojohnathanrossa contributor has you well taped?

Its my opinion just mine. But I think you're full off shit .... But hey that's just my thought... But keep doing what you do, as I'm sure considering the way Antrim is at the moment most people are happy with how you, get things done and done well lol
Ho ho ho, happy days hairoil!  I am glad you have an opinion, but there is a lesson to be learned, so do many other posters have an opinion, but in your book that seems to count for nothing and you don't appear to comprehend or respect that.  But hey, your seditious rabble rousing may influence some, keep it up!

hurlingstick

The only province with no representative in the 2015 hurling championship referee listings?????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: getevennotcross on April 17, 2015, 08:34:20 PM

Ho ho ho, happy days hairoil!  I am glad you have an opinion, but there is a lesson to be learned, so do many other posters have an opinion, but in your book that seems to count for nothing and you don't appear to comprehend or respect that.  But hey, your seditious rabble rousing may influence some, keep it up!

Its a forum, you know that? Any numbnut would know people won't always agree with peoples view on certain topics... You say a lot  but haven't actually said  what you do (again) so from that id say nothing and you are no different to the ones you claim do feck all here... Which is fair enough. There is more to life that the fortunes (misfortunes due to the work you do well hehe) of Antrim gaa.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: hurlingstick on April 17, 2015, 09:16:17 PM
The only province with no representative in the 2015 hurling championship referee listings?????

I was going to post that with a reference to a few recent Antrim ref's opinion of themselves - but I couldn't have been annoyed with the "what are you doing about it" replies  ;)

btdtgtt

A bit random but I have to post this!
Friend in Waterford here is compiling a dictionary of gaa terms phrases and sayings.
You know - usual colloquialisms like "schamozzle" etc and he was asking for some northern one!
I know the North Antrim culchies must have a few choice words!
Any contributions appreciated?

brendanbelfast

Not that the original post in question was mine but:
Yes but u picked county attendance & a throwaway phrase - to detract from a post without addressing the main points of it being elsewhere - points u chose to ignore.
Buts that's ur prerogative - just like its seems it's our county executives!

Quite a few posters complaining recently about people commenting! On a chat forum - fancy that!
[/quote]

I'm afraid you are seeing round too many corners....I've no interest in deflection. None at all.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2015, 09:27:25 PM

Its a forum, you know that? Any numbnut would know people won't always agree with peoples view on certain topics... You say a lot  but haven't actually said  what you do (again) so from that id say nothing and you are no different to the ones you claim do feck all here... Which is fair enough. There is more to life that the fortunes (misfortunes due to the work you do well hehe) of Antrim gaa.

So, everyone in MR2's reckoning is a numbnut, a tool and sull of fhit.  I would not read too much into the id by the way, just a bit of a skit in reference to Crossmaglen.  Reading between the lines, I notice you don't appear to endear yourself to other contributors with a rather aggressive and condescending manner.

As previously stated, I am not obligated to give you an account of who I am or what I do, but I am entitled to an opinion.  So lets just leave it at that, eh?  Well it is a democracy isn't it, well maybe not in some cases?

theskull1

Don't you just love folk who shit stir and goad to get responses and then call people out for their tone when responding?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: getevennotcross on April 18, 2015, 07:40:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2015, 09:27:25 PM

So, everyone in MR2's reckoning is a numbnut, a tool and sull of fhit.  I would not read too much into the id by the way, just a bit of a skit in reference to Crossmaglen.  Reading between the lines, I notice you don't appear to endear yourself to other contributors with a rather aggressive and condescending manner.

As previously stated, I am not obligated to give you an account of who I am or what I do, but I am entitled to an opinion.  So lets just leave it at that, eh?  Well it is a democracy isn't it, well maybe not in some cases?

You're not obliged at all I just asked, but you are very quick to ask others to get off their keyboards and put effort into the Antrim cause.... They possibly do so it wasn't an unfair request to ask you what are you doing fir Antrim.... But hey lets just leave it and move on

When is the Leinster championship?

hurlingstick

I notice in the round robin this year, 2/3 of our games are away from home. We could have done worth 2\3 home games. Thankfully we have Laois at home as this should be the toughest game. Group winner plays Ofally, runner up v Wexford. Would be good to win the group.

btdtgtt

And immediately I find myself thinking we'll top the group no problem then we can beat Offaly!

imtommygunn

Are all our games not away?? I thought they had to be?

hurlingstick

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 18, 2015, 03:11:33 PM
And immediately I find myself thinking we'll top the group no problem then we can beat Offaly!
[/quote
I like your thinking. I concur. Home game May 3rd v Laois.