Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Quote from: manballandall on March 20, 2015, 02:29:28 PM
Team for Sunday ?
Antrim (NHL v Offaly) - Ryan McGarry; Odhran McFadden, Tommy McCann, Tomais O Ciarain; Eoin McAlonan, Ryan McCambridge, Paul Shiels; Arron Graffin, Conor McKinley; Darren Hamill, Conor Carson, Michael Bradley; Conor Johnson, Conor McCann, Shane NcNaughton.

Subs: Chris O Connell, James McShane, Jackson McGreevy, Eoin Campbell, Daniel McKernan, Michael Duddley, Npal McKenna, Ciaran Clarke, Matthew Donnelly.

Depressing!!!!!!! James McShane is a talented player, I'd have him in there. Jackson McGreevy could feel aggrieved not to be in there too.

Milltown Row2

Team is surely better than the bookies have it. -6
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Why would they not put their full team out ?

For years we complained about not enough competitive matches and now we are treating a league game as a training session. If they put the full team out and they won tomorrow they would go into the Laois match in fine fettle.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2015, 10:36:16 PM
surely it's not.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 22, 2015, 03:38:22 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 21, 2015, 10:36:16 PM
surely it's not.

Surely it is, limerick who play Laois are -9 evens . Cant see Laois putting out a strong team considering they play Antrim next week!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

hurlingstick

Who played well today? Anybody pushing for a starting place from today's performance?

Sleeping giant

Wasn't at it myself.  The score line shocked me and the lads that did play deserve credit. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

A great effort by all accounts. Perhaps Antrim should start with this Team in the play off?  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 22, 2015, 05:22:06 PM
A great effort by all accounts. Perhaps Antrim should start with this Team in the play off?  ;)

They should, I thought looking at the team it was good enough but fair fucks.. And Laois to their credit did well against Limerick in Limerick. Next week will be tough

Thewildcat

theses are silly dead rubber games offalys lads went to to top up there sun tan
its silly a team that wins no games still gets to get a chance in a play off the same last year did Antrim win a league game the last two years besides the play off last year.

Na Glinntí Glasa

we won away to carlow in 2013 in the league and that was our last win. We haven't won a home game since march 2012 against Laois. we won 2 at home that year.

Our record in the league is extremely poor and we haven't made any progress in 4 seasons in terms of it. Yes we did well yday but offaly were already qualified and it didn't matter how they did. Even still we should of been winning our home games. We have only won 1 league game since we moved to Ballycastle as well and that was the play off game v Offaly.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 23, 2015, 09:05:42 AM
we won away to carlow in 2013 in the league and that was our last win. We haven't won a home game since march 2012 against Laois. we won 2 at home that year.

Our record in the league is extremely poor and we haven't made any progress in 4 seasons in terms of it. Yes we did well yday but offaly were already qualified and it didn't matter how they did. Even still we should of been winning our home games. We have only won 1 league game since we moved to Ballycastle as well and that was the play off game v Offaly.

Interesting and sobering facts.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i know. I hate being a depression on a monday morning! lol

Im hopefully heading down on sunday morning to the match. Im going there more hoping we can pull a result out of the bag. Last time i was there for a Laois game was the leinster championship match and they had a massive home support that puts ours to shame. They will be big favorites for the match and rightly so.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 23, 2015, 09:46:50 AM

Im hopefully heading down on sunday morning to the match. Im going there more hoping we can pull a result out of the bag. Last time i was there for a Laois game was the leinster championship match and they had a massive home support that puts ours to shame. They will be big favorites for the match and rightly so.

At least we know Bradley is a good hurler up front
5 from play is good going and he should be starting in the half forward line from now on
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 23, 2015, 10:05:41 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 23, 2015, 09:46:50 AM

At least we know Bradley is a good hurler up front
5 from play is good going and he should be starting in the half forward line from now on
We agree on something Antrim related. I'm speechless.  :-X
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"