Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I don't know if Shane is stirring or stating a fact?
Depends where you put the blame on the best players not playing I suppose!

As for GD - heavens above I think i would prefer wee joe!

Seamroga in exile

Did Shane not say in the paper last week that this was the best Antrim panel he's ever played in? I can't see how the addition of any loughgiel players could improve such a squad.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Unlaoised

Will the game be in Laois or antrim...??

Personally I think it should be neutral Maybe Drogheda,Navan or clones......
LAOIS ABÚ

btdtgtt

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 19, 2015, 02:42:35 PM
Will the game be in Laois or antrim...??

Personally I think it should be neutral Maybe Drogheda,Navan or clones......

I think the play-off game is to be in Portlaoise.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Its def in Portlaois
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Dummy team fielded for Sunday presumably to keep them fresh for the relegation playoff. I'm not paying £13 in to watch Antrim reserves. Roll on the round robin at this stage!

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah i just seen the team there and ive already been told they were playing the subs so i was never going to waste £13 for that.

Saving myself for Portlaois next weekend.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Same here Realist. I'm actually not going to go to the relegation playoff. I'll go to the championship round robin.

btdtgtt

Personally I won't be back until it's knockout.

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 20, 2015, 09:02:10 AM
yeah i just seen the team there and ive already been told they were playing the subs so i was never going to waste £13 for that.

Saving myself for Portlaois next weekend.

ami the only one who doesnt buy into this whole thing of loads of changes, resting players etc? its still march, the players are training a couple of times a week, no club league games yet so why not put your best 15 out and try and build? Surely a competitive game will serve them well for the relegation play offs? i sometimes think it is to use it as an excuse 'ah sure we only had the 2nds out to give them a game' I really hope KR doesnt turn round and complain about nobody going to the game with the team he has selected, again this is not a slight at the players, ive no problem with one or two players who are showing well in training getting a start but ringing the changes just doesnt sit easy with me.

hurlingstick

I understand where you're coming from. There are potentially 2 relegation playoff games coming based on the assumption Laois beat us at home so should beat us in Portlaois. Add to that the round robin championship fixtures on the horizon, that's a lot of competitive games. I can see why he's resting players. I for one will not be paying in to watch a reserve team get beat by Ofally.

manballandall

themac_23

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 20, 2015, 02:19:02 PM
I understand where you're coming from. There are potentially 2 relegation playoff games coming based on the assumption Laois beat us at home so should beat us in Portlaois. Add to that the round robin championship fixtures on the horizon, that's a lot of competitive games. I can see why he's resting players. I for one will not be paying in to watch a reserve team get beat by Ofally.

My main gripe being, do players really need a rest at this time of year when they arent yet playing club games?

Na Glinntí Glasa

to be fair they have done more training than any club player has at this point of a season. I dont begrudge any one a rest but i still wont be wasting £13 into a game that clearly we have one eye on the game the week after.
hurl like f**k boi!

antrimgeal1989

Any local club games this weekend?