Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonamargy

Quote from: cfclg on March 06, 2015, 12:46:32 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on March 06, 2015, 12:04:12 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2015, 11:36:55 AM
Quote from: Bonamargy on March 06, 2015, 11:17:20 AM
See motion 4 from county convention, which was approved regarding the makeup of leagues at the end of 2015 season. All divisions revert to 8 team leagues at the end of this season with div 4 having the overspill.

I have attached the link to the webpage. I tried to screenshot it to post here but don't know how to post it here. Try the link below and some of you tech wizards can post a screenshot.

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=4291

Motion 4
At the end of the 2015 season the divisions 1,2,3 & 4 of the Antrim Hurling leagues revert back to 8 team leagues playing home and away with 2 up and 2 down each year
Antrim CCC

Motion 5
That the Senior and senior reserve hurling leagues become an 8 team format. This would be a 2 way league in 2017 with 2 up and 2 down. To achieve this in both 2015 and 2016 - 2 teams would be relegated to Div 2 but only 1 team would be promoted from Div 2
Ruairi Og

Motion 4 and Motion 5 both have the same end goal, motion 4 gives no idea as to how this it be achieved which is strange for the CCC to do.
At least the Dall version staggers the changes over two years and still allows for promotion and relegation.

I presume Motion 4 was carried and Motion 5 withdrawn?

Motion 4 was approved and Motion 5 declined

Correct me if I'm wrong but my simple view is that teams basically cascade down from Div 1 at end of this season and no promotions anywhere?

Div1: 10 becomes 8, 2 down, none up
Div2: 10 + 2 down from div 1. 4 have to go down to make it 8 teams.
Div3: 10 + 4 down from div 2. 6 have to go down to make 8 teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is we just don't know if there is promotion or not. CCC need to clarify their position before the season starts, so that all teams know whether there is promotion from all divisions. If there is one team promotion from all leagues, then 3 will be relegated from div 1, 5 will be relegated from div 2, 7 will be relegated from div 3. If there is no promotion then there will be one less team relegated from each league. In my opinion leage winners should get automatic promotion as they have earned it.

One thing is for sure, for a change there won't be too many meaningless league games near the end of this season, with mid table teams fighting to avoid relegation. Could be hectic lol

johnneycool

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 06, 2015, 01:44:17 PM
See motion 4 from county convention, which was approved regarding the makeup of leagues at the end of 2015 season. All divisions revert to 8 team leagues at the end of this season with div 4 having the overspill.

I have attached the link to the webpage. I tried to screenshot it to post here but don't know how to post it here. Try the link below and some of you tech wizards can post a screenshot.

Motion 4
At the end of the 2015 season the divisions 1,2,3 & 4 of the Antrim Hurling leagues revert back to 8 team leagues playing home and away with 2 up and 2 down each year
Antrim CCC

Motion 5
That the Senior and senior reserve hurling leagues become an 8 team format. This would be a 2 way league in 2017 with 2 up and 2 down. To achieve this in both 2015 and 2016 - 2 teams would be relegated to Div 2 but only 1 team would be promoted from Div 2
Ruairi Og

Motion 4 and Motion 5 both have the same end goal, motion 4 gives no idea as to how this it be achieved which is strange for the CCC to do.
At least the Dall version staggers the changes over two years and still allows for promotion and relegation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my simple view is that teams basically cascade down from Div 1 at end of this season and no promotions anywhere?

The problem is we just don't know if there is promotion or not. CCC need to clarify their position before the season starts, so that all teams know whether there is promotion from all divisions. If there is one team promotion from all leagues, then 3 will be relegated from div 1, 5 will be relegated from div 2, 7 will be relegated from div 3. If there is no promotion then there will be one less team relegated from each league. In my opinion leage winners should get automatic promotion as they have earned it.

One thing is for sure, for a change there won't be too many meaningless league games near the end of this season, with mid table teams fighting to avoid relegation. Could be hectic lol

The top and middle of Div2 will be pretty meaningless all the same!

hurlingstick

Your club will be fine Bonamargy. As you say clubs need to know now what they can expect with regards to promotion (or not). It would be a half decent club going into division 3 were the biggest outcry could lie.

Bonamargy

Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2015, 01:49:19 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on March 06, 2015, 01:44:17 PM

Motion 4
Antrim CCC

Motion 5
Ruairi Og

The top and middle of Div2 will be pretty meaningless all the same!

The top and middle of Division one maybe, but if five are relegated from division two I can't see too many points separating second place from the relegation spot in sixth. I reckon Ballygalget will win division two handy enough, but after that it is the toss of a coin.

hurlingstick

It would not look good for Naomh Pól, Gort Na Mona and Armoy.

Bonamargy

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 06, 2015, 01:49:45 PM
Your club will be fine Bonamargy. As you say clubs need to know now what they can expect with regards to promotion (or not). It would be a half decent club going into division 3 were the biggest outcry could lie.

I think so too and hope you are correct lol. Only fair if we all know what we are playing for in all four leagues. Hurts divisions 2,3 and 4 more than division 1, but we all need to know.

hurlingstick

Agreed!! Division 1 will be least effected. All those clubs losing out on being promoted and those being relegated above the norm will feel seriously aggrieved!

Na Glinntí Glasa

£13 in on sunday for that previous double header now its £13 for a single game in armoy and £13 if you go to the football before hand making it £26

makes no sense at all. maybe thats me just being a tight arse lol
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

So we don't know how many go up & down?
Is that not just an incredible situation to be in!
I despair.

hurlingstick

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/paddy-heaney/kingdoms-unique-structure-keeps-them-well-ahead-of-all-pretenders-314760.html

Boys have a read at this. It would make my recent criticisms of our attacking options look a bit foolish. Kevin Ryan knows what he's doing.

Sham Man

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 07, 2015, 10:05:04 AM
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/paddy-heaney/kingdoms-unique-structure-keeps-them-well-ahead-of-all-pretenders-314760.html

Boys have a read at this. It would make my recent criticisms of our attacking options look a bit foolish. Kevin Ryan knows what he's doing.
Is it just me, for the life of me I cant see the relevance here and how it relates to the Antrim Hurling team and Kevin Ryan??  ;)  I think your on the wrong page fella.  ::) ???  Ffs,  cant make the match tomorrow, have to work.  £13.00 quid is a bit steep all the same.  :-[ :-[  Jeasus and I am still being watched, and me a good boy and nice fella to boot!  Fs, thought my probation would be over at this stage! Ah well.  >:(
Shamrocks are winners!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Megaman on March 06, 2015, 11:01:08 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 06, 2015, 10:51:43 AM
Looking forward to the game on hopefully what should be a better surface.

No Eddie McCloskey. Has he left the panel?

Away on a stag - but could be wrong so open to correction.

Im a big fan of Eddie and was very surprised when he got dropped for the Limerick game, but when he came on he was very ineffective and wasn't in the game at all.

As for the Old Pic, i think that may be PJ McNaughton beside Randall McDonnell and Kieran Dempsey.
Eddie isn't away on a stag. He is away from the panel however. He and Ryan didn't see eye to eye on certain aspects of training. Apparently it's all physical training and no actual hurling training. Good news for us.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Quote from: Sham Man on March 07, 2015, 05:24:17 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on March 07, 2015, 10:05:04 AM

Is it just me, for the life of me I cant see the relevance here and how it relates to the Antrim Hurling team and Kevin Ryan??  ;)  I think your on the wrong page fella.  ::) ???  Ffs,  cant make the match tomorrow, have to work.  £13.00 quid is a bit steep all the same.  :-[ :-[  Jeasus and I am still being watched, and me a good boy and nice fella to boot!  Fs, thought my probation would be over at this stage! Ah well.  >:(

It's just you. It's glaringly obvious. Cork have just scored 34 points v a good Dublin team.

hurlingstick

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 07, 2015, 05:54:36 PM

Im a big fan of Eddie and was very surprised when he got dropped for the Limerick game, but when he came on he was very ineffective and wasn't in the game at all.

As for the Old Pic, i think that may be PJ McNaughton beside Randall McDonnell and Kieran Dempsey.
Eddie isn't away on a stag. He is away from the panel however. He and Ryan didn't see eye to eye on certain aspects of training. Apparently it's all physical training and no actual hurling training. Good news for us.  ;)
It's not good for you at all. It's very, very bad. It once again highlights your lack of commitment for the greater good. Roll on the moaning!!!..... I'll save you the effort...... Yes it's all about Loughiel

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 07, 2015, 07:43:46 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 07, 2015, 05:54:36 PM

It's not good for you at all. It's very, very bad. It once again highlights your lack of commitment for the greater good. Roll on the moaning!!!..... I'll save you the effort...... Yes it's all about Loughiel
Dream on lad. Zero progression in 3 years. Beating a terrible Offaly team to stay up isn't progression. Getting beat by a 14 Man Team isn't progression. Not scoring for the last 25 minutes against a weakened limerick team isn't progression. In fact they schooled us in how to defend isn't progression. Time to wake up.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"