Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 05, 2015, 10:06:55 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 05, 2015, 10:05:15 PM
Can I show my big smoke ignorance and ask why there would be a NA select and who they would play?

It's just another one of those conspiracies you talk about against the big bad city ;D

;D ;)
Genuine question this time!

Is it some sort of exhibition game against another select team or like a NA Awards thing?
It's died out I take it?
Would be an interesting idea for charity games etc!

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2015, 09:36:44 AM
Quote from: frostbit on March 06, 2015, 09:23:27 AM
Someone wrote the following on the county guestbook. I'm not sure if its a typo on the admin's behalf (either way it is anyway) but he seems to write that 'non' will be promoted from Div 2 at the end of the 2015 league.  Does he mean 'none' or 'one'?

Name : player 05 March 2015
how many teams go up and down this year in the senior hurling league

As a result of a motion at last years convention the Division 1 Hurling League will be for 8 teams in 2016. Two teams will be relegated to Division 2 and non promoted to Division 1 from Division 2 at the end of the 2015 league.

Well if only two are going down I'd suggest there will be none promoted to Div 1.....

What happened to three going down?
And what is the point in a league where nonbody gets promoted!
Ohhhh - as long as the top 3 teams are happy who cares!

redsetanta

How are ye boys shaping up for Sunday.Serious trip up to North Antrim for the game although venue change makes the journey about 20 minutes shorter! A nine o'clock start Sunday morning.
A must win game for both teams. Laois suffering a bit with confidence and Antrim is never an easy place to get a positive result. No team from Cheddar yet however ye have named your starting 15.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

btdtgtt

Quote from: redsetanta on March 06, 2015, 10:19:57 AM
How are ye boys shaping up for Sunday.Serious trip up to North Antrim for the game although venue change makes the journey about 20 minutes shorter! A nine o'clock start Sunday morning.
A must win game for both teams. Laois suffering a bit with confidence and Antrim is never an easy place to get a positive result. No team from Cheddar yet however ye have named your starting 15.

1 C.O' Connell Loughgiel
2 R.McCambridge Cushendall
3 N.McAuley Ballycastle
4 A.Graffin Cushendall
5 S.McCrory St.Johns
6 C.McKinley Dunloy
7 M.Bradley St.Johns
8 N.McManus Cushendall
9 C.Johnston St.Johns
10 E.Campbell Cushendall
11 D.McKernan Sarsfields
12 P.Shields Dunloy
13 PJ.O'Connell Clooney Gaels
14 N.McKenna Sarsfields
15 C.Clarke Ballycastle
16 S.McToal Oisins
17 T.O'Ciarain St Galls
18 T.McCann Creggan
19 O.McFadden Loughgiel
20 J.McGreevy St.Galls
21 C.McCann Creggan
22 C.Carson Cushendall
23 M.Donnelly Ballycastle
24 D.Hamill Shane O Neills
25 C.Johnston St.Johns
26 S.McNaughton Cushendall

Hopefully a win for us - and I can't see past it!
Home advanatge massive and wouldnt be surprised if our boys have a session at Armoy on Saturday - it's a nice place to hurl can be a new pitch can be tricky to get your surroundings.
Antrim's to lose for me.

theskull1

Looking forward to the game on hopefully what should be a better surface.

No Eddie McCloskey. Has he left the panel?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on March 06, 2015, 10:51:43 AM

Loughgiel have the same representaion on our county squad as Sarsfields and Creggan.

Megaman

Quote from: theskull1 on March 06, 2015, 10:51:43 AM

Away on a stag - but could be wrong so open to correction.

Im a big fan of Eddie and was very surprised when he got dropped for the Limerick game, but when he came on he was very ineffective and wasn't in the game at all.

As for the Old Pic, i think that may be PJ McNaughton beside Randall McDonnell and Kieran Dempsey.

Bonamargy

See motion 4 from county convention, which was approved regarding the makeup of leagues at the end of 2015 season. All divisions revert to 8 team leagues at the end of this season with div 4 having the overspill.

I have attached the link to the webpage. I tried to screenshot it to post here but don't know how to post it here. Try the link below and some of you tech wizards can post a screenshot.

http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=4291

btdtgtt

Thanks Bonamargy.

So the current 10 division 1 teams will become 8.

Is that 2 down, none up.
Or 3 down, and 1 up.

Anyone know?

I would imagine Clooney and St Galls will be hard pushed to regain their status - perhaps the 2 relegated teams.
If it's three to go down St Johns and Rossa might get worried.
Maybe the Ulster Champions also!

johnneycool

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 06, 2015, 11:17:20 AM
See motion 4 from county convention, which was approved regarding the makeup of leagues at the end of 2015 season. All divisions revert to 8 team leagues at the end of this season with div 4 having the overspill.

I have attached the link to the webpage. I tried to screenshot it to post here but don't know how to post it here. Try the link below and some of you tech wizards can post a screenshot.

Motion 4
At the end of the 2015 season the divisions 1,2,3 & 4 of the Antrim Hurling leagues revert back to 8 team leagues playing home and away with 2 up and 2 down each year
Antrim CCC

Motion 5
That the Senior and senior reserve hurling leagues become an 8 team format. This would be a 2 way league in 2017 with 2 up and 2 down. To achieve this in both 2015 and 2016 - 2 teams would be relegated to Div 2 but only 1 team would be promoted from Div 2
Ruairi Og

Motion 4 and Motion 5 both have the same end goal, motion 4 gives no idea as to how this it be achieved which is strange for the CCC to do.
At least the Dall version staggers the changes over two years and still allows for promotion and relegation.

I presume Motion 4 was carried and Motion 5 withdrawn?

Bonamargy

Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2015, 11:36:55 AM

Motion 4
At the end of the 2015 season the divisions 1,2,3 & 4 of the Antrim Hurling leagues revert back to 8 team leagues playing home and away with 2 up and 2 down each year
Antrim CCC

Motion 5
That the Senior and senior reserve hurling leagues become an 8 team format. This would be a 2 way league in 2017 with 2 up and 2 down. To achieve this in both 2015 and 2016 - 2 teams would be relegated to Div 2 but only 1 team would be promoted from Div 2
Ruairi Og

Motion 4 and Motion 5 both have the same end goal, motion 4 gives no idea as to how this it be achieved which is strange for the CCC to do.
At least the Dall version staggers the changes over two years and still allows for promotion and relegation.

Motion 4 was approved and Motion 5 declined

hurlingstick

Jesus, our 6 forwards as a unit look seriously average. 2 Sarsfields, 1 Clooney, 1, Dunloy, 1 Ballycastle and 1 Cushendall. My optimism for the season has taken a serious dive!

cfclg

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 06, 2015, 12:04:12 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 06, 2015, 11:36:55 AM

Motion 4
Antrim CCC

Motion 5
Ruairi Og

Motion 4 was approved and Motion 5 declined

Correct me if I'm wrong but my simple view is that teams basically cascade down from Div 1 at end of this season and no promotions anywhere?

Div1: 10 becomes 8, 2 down, none up
Div2: 10 + 2 down from div 1. 4 have to go down to make it 8 teams.
Div3: 10 + 4 down from div 2. 6 have to go down to make 8 teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 06, 2015, 12:32:34 PM
Jesus, our 6 forwards as a unit look seriously average. 2 Sarsfields, 1 Clooney, 1, Dunloy, 1 Ballycastle and 1 Cushendall. My optimism for the season has taken a serious dive!

i would happliy take the PJ in a dunloy shirt! This is the reality of where we are, we dont have these great forwards anymore in the county. who else could we have thats not there already?
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

I'd have two more from your club, 2 from Loughiel and 1 from Ballycastle. But the reality of it is that they're not there for various reasons. Back to the point in question. With those 6 forwards we will not trouble any of the big teams later in the season. Bad times!!