Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sham Man

Very cynical mutterings from supposed great Antrim Gaels (not). No wonder our county us in the state it is!  Just no pleasing some ffs. Everything has to have a twist or some underhand twist to stimulate debate. Open draws just don't suit some. No matter what the draw brings about, the games will be played. Some will win, some will lose,  and no matter who wins or loses there will always be those to point fingers at those who drew names from the hat. Love them or loathe them, thats the very essence of an open draw. Either which way you look at it, the fairest way and you takes what you get. Some of you boys should take one serious wisener ffs!  :o
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sham Man on January 19, 2015, 10:58:09 PM
Very cynical mutterings from supposed great Antrim Gaels (not). No wonder our county us in the state it is!  Just no pleasing some ffs. Everything has to have a twist or some underhand twist to stimulate debate. Open draws just don't suit some. No matter what the draw brings about, the games will be played. Some will win, some will lose,  and no matter who wins or loses there will always be those to point fingers at those who drew names from the hat. Love them or loathe them, thats the very essence of an open draw. Either which way you look at it, the fairest way and you takes what you get. Some of you boys should take one serious wisener ffs!  :o

Ok lets clear this up... Are you saying this was an open draw or are you being funny
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

i would respond if i knew what your point was

btdtgtt

The 2015 Shamrocks vs Ballycastle final should be tasty.
Somehow I doubt it will be 15 vs 15 by the final whistle.

Sham Man

Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 19, 2015, 11:03:40 PM

i would respond if i knew what your point was
Open draw, just like democracy! Yet when it does go your way, you just cry foul.

I am a supporter of the Open draw. Is that so difficult to comprehend? Ffs, I don't even know why I'm feeling I should justify your question with a response.  ::)  :-[
Shamrocks are winners!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Happy enough with out side of the draw. Wanted to avoid the johnnies at all costs so happy with that.

Games are at neutral venues, our game most likely in lgiel. Town v Rossa and lgiel possibly a double header in the city?
hurl like f**k boi!

maxpower

Happy enough with that draw.  Nothing easy in Championship and Clooney will be a new team we've never faced before.  Will be difficult to get a handle on them with them not in our division.  Our side of the draw is a great opportunity for all the teams to reach a final with a couple of good peformances

Ballycastle v Rossa will be a good one, don't see a lot in those teams.  Cushendall and Loughgiel should come through to set up a mouth watering semi final.
What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on January 20, 2015, 08:06:33 AM
Happy enough with that draw.  Nothing easy in Championship and Clooney will be a new team we've never faced before.  Will be difficult to get a handle on them with them not in our division.  Our side of the draw is a great opportunity for all the teams to reach a final with a couple of good peformances

Ballycastle v Rossa will be a good one, don't see a lot in those teams.  Cushendall and Loughgiel should come through to set up a mouth watering semi final.

Did Clooney not get promoted to Div1?

NAG1

AFAIK yes they are now a Div One team

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah they are in Div 1 this year. its actually an interesting tie, i have alot of friends who play for cloney and have been to alot of thier games so it will be good craic playing them this year. the messages started last night between each other, they fancy taking on lgiel in the final! lol

good banter
hurl like f**k boi!

maxpower

There you go, for some reason I thought just Rossa came up! So Ballygalget are down too! A lot less travelling to Ahoghill than the Ards!

What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on January 20, 2015, 10:29:09 AM
There you go, for some reason I thought just Rossa came up! So Ballygalget are down too! A lot less travelling to Ahoghill than the Ards!

I don't think you were down in the Ards with us last year anyway, so no odds other than Seamus Elliott losing out on the extra red biddy being sold out of the pump behind the shop!!
8) 8)

imtommygunn

cfclg

Will this be the year the town make the breakthrough???? They have to be looking at a semi final with Dunloy and that is the day when we will find out if they can indeed take a massive leap. That said, Rossa and Clooney will be no easy touches on the way there.

Other side is pretty straight forward I think, cant see any potential upsets before big semi final with dall v shams. Shams on a revenge mission from last year. Will 'our boy' be back after his knee op?

County executive showed themselves up last night for the bunch of muppets they are. They can't get a 'seeded' draw right on the night, how could they ever get dunsilly and casement off the ground!!

Good luck to Rossa at the weekend, do the county proud.

maxpower

Quote from: johnneycool on January 20, 2015, 10:57:40 AM
Quote from: maxpower on January 20, 2015, 10:29:09 AM

I don't think you were down in the Ards with us last year anyway, so no odds other than Seamus Elliott losing out on the extra red biddy being sold out of the pump behind the shop!!
8) 8)

not been Seamus selling that for a while now! But you are right we had you at home only last year. I actually enjoy all the games in the Ards, you earn anything you get!
What happens next????