Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 19, 2014, 09:16:56 AM
You would hope that the new stadium would capture the imagination of youngsters around Belfast and therefore boost attendances. If they were to bring along friends and family we could see the stadium providing a positive legacy. If we could then attract these new viewers to their local clubs, the GAA would be in a lot healthier state in Belfast. Of course that is probably taken from the extreme right of the positivity scales.

its a problem for all clubs. we have kids playing at under 10 downwards whos parents never played for our club nor darken its gates to watch a match at times. its getting them involved thats the problem. if you can get them involved and interested they can help out and become involved in the running of a team, support those in a position.

it does all start in the primary schools, if theres a strong link between the local PS and the GAA club the kids will tend to stay with it along with their mates.that bond is something thats built up over years and both help each other. parents and kids see that link.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Another problem I foresee with this stadium, running/operational costs on match day. You used to have some club cship matches in casement (Quarters/Semis), school finals etc. The owners (UC) will say it is too expensive to open and run the stadium for matches like these were attendances would be in the low 100s. People might want more supporters to come to the stadium for various types of matches but the reality is that running costs will keep it closed most of the time until the big games come along. I remember hearing that Croke Park has an attendance figure it has to reach before breaking even, same principle will apply here with a 30K odd stadium. Even our club county finals (2-3K supporters) would probably not justify opening and running the stadium for these games.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah i cant see it being open for some local cup final in belfast like it has been over the past number of years. i expect them to be looking at the running cost of opening it for a game and whats needed to be spent before they can break even.

i rem playing an U21 hurling semi v st pauls in it one Wednesday evening and there being about 100 people there. those types of games prob will be sent else where as opposed to opening casement
hurl like f**k boi!

jdyok

Croke Park is made available annually for U-12 club teams to get the Croke experience. The spectators attending would be low in numbers and I guess don't pay an entry fee. I think the idea that it won't be available for club/school games is overstated. I'm sure that'll all be included as part of the plan, assuming there is one...

btdtgtt

Quote from: jdyok on December 19, 2014, 01:48:48 PM
Croke Park is made available annually for U-12 club teams to get the Croke experience. The spectators attending would be low in numbers and I guess don't pay an entry fee. I think the idea that it won't be available for club/school games is overstated. I'm sure that'll all be included as part of the plan, assuming there is one...

Croke Park is made available for U12 games as a photoshoot - once a year.
Thats a big difference to grassroots Gaels having access to their own stadium.
For God sake - Kerry & Mayo couldnt get into Croker for an All-Ireland semi!
Access to Casement was minimal even before a development - the notion that we'll be watching schools and underage games there regualrly is laughable!

getevennotcross

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 19, 2014, 09:25:34 AM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on December 19, 2014, 06:32:15 AM
All below is written Without Prejudice: The Fairytale of the West

Couldn't sleep lads this casement thing keeping me up!!! If we go right back to when this project was first conceptually developed, allegedly some within our present leadership decided oh we'll have a piece of that and took the initiative to begin engagement and approached in a alleged dictatorship manner as they allegedly do on a day to day basis within the county as in this is happening residents so feck use!!!! Long before UC decided to get involved. Allegedly then some "Alan Sugars" thought ummm maybe other entities could be established on the back of this and get a long time role in the new project, concerts rugby matches, conferences feck me? a Minnie Croke Park and their company gets 7mill a year!!!!

Allegedly then In the interim period UC big wigs had finalised a gentleman's agreement that Rugby would be played in this new home and the name would be changed or feck that arrogance seems to be endemic among our mandated officials who needs to speak to the clubs??? Maybe we can re-name Dunsilly, Casement Park? completely denied of course on our glorious website?? By this time back on the farm the residents happened to be fairly intelligent professional people and thought na who do these people from the CE  think they are we aren't going to be bullied like the clubs so lets get some legal advice and do our due diligence (now there's a phrase that some of our CE should learn, oops its too late) like the Croke park residents did. Then it was get that social club out!!! Oh yes maybe we should do some due diligence first about how we should engage and discuss this, NOT, and it allegedly cost £40k+ wonder who wrote the cheque for that debt?ummmmmm. I would still watch that space as I think this may still be a popular media article possibly in the not to distant future, but then who knows?

So lets continue to spend money we don't have on our C of E- again due diligence seems to be missing there and now £3.5m + later and Club Antrim and CE friendship strained and recent NIR requirements about ball stops, oh shit did we not do our DD again, ah well the clubs won't notice and no-one has the stones to challenge us at convention so walt on!!!!

Now back to the farm, allegedly Alan Sugars have fallen out, politicians now involved, PSNI saying that the infrastructure will not support scheme as proposed (but lets ignore them due to past history), residents on firm legal footing, UC getting nervous as 38k stated within its Bus case is needed to bring the big pop bands and make some money to pay for its new headquarters in the new "DD (Due Diligence) Stadium". Now spiralling out of control lets ask our new Rugby friends to run to the tabloids and media to make a case for us veiled under the "Rugby World Cup Ticket" and this will put the whole bid in danger if its not built... nothing against our sporting neighbours as they do know the meaning of Due Diligence and can get things right, thoroughly enjoyed my recent visit to what was our ground back in the day.

In conclusion allegedly the Stadium will be built later than expected, it will have a far lesser capacity, the residents will be properly treated and offered a suitable inconvenience package, UC might still stay involved but have to re-draft their BC and payback period will be longer, the social club will get their day in the sun, Jesus the only thing that remains constant without change is the team that allegedly put us in the shit to start off with!!! I think its time the clubs took their own mandate from their volunteers and get an EGM and cut out the Cancer that is killing this County, we are the fecking laughing stock of the association. Feck me Roy Keanes book The Second half would have nothing on this story, any suggestions from the forum as to what we would call ours?

All of the above is just a fictional story and is based on no due diligence being carried out, it is without prejudice and made up, so if you believe it then your a bigger fool than we are...

Runaway Train, never going back-
Wrong way on a one track-

Well said apart from comparing these clowns to alan sugar
He's worrh 800 million through possitive drive and good business instincts

Ah, don't be fooled by the above epiphany NAH, it all smacks of one individual or a representative body who are totally fecked off because they are having it so bad, correction - stop press, because others are potentially going to have it so good!

I have seen this all before, peripheral and embittered individuals who have missed out on the 'gravy train' and feeling marginalised.  For one that does not sleep so well, and took all night to complete this embittered rant (posted 06.32:15 hrs), he would have us all believe he or his associates had all the answers and would had the wherewith-all to adhere to Due Diligence (DD)and processes of no impropriety.

Just like many others in our county and society, wishing to carve out a living on the back of our great association CLG, our clubs and our young people.

What we have representing us was duly elected by us all collectively, we are all culpable here, regardless of where it is now easy to point fingers!  Make no mistake about that.  A real pity we don't have a few more Gerry Carrol's (PBP) in our midst, who can see beyond self serving interests. 

The Irish trait of begrudgery springs to mind here, an extremely familiar Irish Trait and never more so prominent as in West Belfast presently.  Anyway, we will get our flagship stadium in the long run, have no doubt about that.  Be assured though, the rats will come out of the woodwork, critical opponents of this whole debacle will be queueing up for their VIP tickets for official openings (i.e. Residents, Shinners, SDLP,UC, EC, MLAs, Aldermen, Surveyors, Accountants, Consultants/CNUTsultants etc. etc.)

The irony of course is, some of these frequently refer to the need for social and economic regeneration of WB, environmental improvements, green spaces, economic benefits, employment etc.  All have short memories of course, burning buses, chopped down trees, bombed factories, shooting industrialists, burning tyres, taking seats in Stormont, fraternising with arch rivals of GAA and Irish Culture, need I say more?

Please note, I don't vote for any of them, but Gerry Carrol (PNP) may be an option for the future.  Hoping our respective clubs county wide, will remember all the personalities involved, but if the mist recent County Convention is to go by, I feel we are in for much of the same in years to come.  As I said, we are all culpable.  Time for the crusade to gut it all out and start from a fresh, but where are we likely to avail of at least 12 non self serving men of integrity, vision, competence, and a desire to do it all for the greater good of the county.  In the final analysis, the Status Quo is of our own doing.

cfclg

getevennotcross

Whatever you're on, can I get a pint of it!

getevennotcross

Quote from: cfclg on December 19, 2014, 03:13:30 PM
getevennotcross

Sure thing, and it's cheap at the price. It's called Honestly, Integrity, forbearance and calling a spade a spade.  Nothing more, nothing less.

culchie11

cudnt agree more getevennotcross, we can blame whoever we want but we have only ourselves to blame!

whilst we continue to talk crap about it & not nominate ppl for these positions we cant say a word against the men there, we vote them in, wud anyone else do their job? not me thats for sure!

i think our sleepless friend mibag is very good at writing a bit of jackanori, reminds me of a match report he once penned!!
as u say getevennotcross everyone will clamber for free tickets to the grand opening when, not if, when casement is re-opened!!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: cfclg on December 19, 2014, 03:13:30 PM
getevennotcross

Has more of a narcotic look about it than beverage
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: johnneycool on December 19, 2014, 09:00:02 AM
Soul Asylum fan then MIBAG?
saw them back in the day. Loada crap!
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: culchie11 on December 19, 2014, 03:45:42 PM
cudnt agree more getevennotcross, we can blame whoever we want but we have only ourselves to blame!

whilst we continue to talk crap about it & not nominate ppl for these positions we cant say a word against the men there, we vote them in, wud anyone else do their job? not me thats for sure!

i think our sleepless friend mibag is very good at writing a bit of jackanori, reminds me of a match report he once penned!!
as u say getevennotcross everyone will clamber for free tickets to the grand opening when, not if, when casement is re-opened!!

LMAO honestly you crac me up...

ManInBlackandGreen

Geteven credit where credit is due your rhetoric is supberb I have no interest in casement park I couldn't give a fiddlers if its never built,  however I cannot abide the bullshit that is being peddled in the papers and media by all these dictats misleading the public as well as the gaa volunteer's up and down the county. Spillane is right its time the gaa family take back their association and get rid of the suit's and pic pockets....

getevennotcross

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on December 19, 2014, 05:12:01 PM
Geteven credit where credit is due your rhetoric is supberb I have no interest in casement park I couldn't give a fiddlers if its never built,  however I cannot abide the bullshit that is being peddled in the papers and media by all these dictats misleading the public as well as the gaa volunteer's up and down the county. Spillane is right its time the gaa family take back their association and get rid of the suit's and pic pockets....
For someone who reads the papers, sits up half the night because "this casement thing was keeping me up" and who also contributes to this thread to say they "couldn't give a fiddlers", I detect is extremely misleading on your part, and primarily a veiled deflection.

To align yourself to the verbiage used by the likes of Spillane, is also of major concern.  Do you think Spi*****e, O'R****, B****y et al, have not picked pockets along the way, in line with their pursuit of media attention seeking and notoriety??

Its the real 100% bona fide volunteers who own the association and who keep it thriving and alive, those who do it for no monetary reward whatsoever! A commendable raison d'etre in my opinion, can others say the same, I fear not?  But hey, others are not all real volunteers.

Well, back to my coffee in Costa and to reading my Irish Times, a more discerning read.  Have to kill time waiting on her in doors finish the Xmas shopping along with the kids.

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: getevennotcross on December 19, 2014, 06:28:24 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on December 19, 2014, 05:12:01 PM
For someone who reads the papers, sits up half the night because "this casement thing was keeping me up" and who also contributes to this thread to say they "couldn't give a fiddlers", I detect is extremely misleading on your part, and primarily a veiled deflection.

To align yourself to the verbiage used by the likes of Spillane, is also of major concern.  Do you think Spi*****e, O'R****, B****y et al, have not picked pockets along the way, in line with their pursuit of media attention seeking and notoriety??

Its the real 100% bona fide volunteers who own the association and who keep it thriving and alive, those who do it for no monetary reward whatsoever! A commendable raison d'etre in my opinion, can others say the same, I fear not?  But hey, others are not all real volunteers.

Well, back to my coffee in Costa and to reading my Irish Times, a more discerning read.  Have to kill time waiting on her in doors finish the Xmas shopping along with the kids.

In answer to your original rebutal I always was of the opinion it was a Trojan Horse and the suits and dictas would always have approached in a  aut viam inveniam aut faciam attitude, so no veiled deflection on my part geteven. The pundits i would concur totally but a broken clock is right twice a day as they say... your raison d'etre statement is i believe in the modern games,  now a utopian ideology. Unfortunately for us all in this day and age when local clubs are having to find £100's weekly to maintain snr teams that pressure on the volunteers then falls back on juveniles and there parents to run fundraisers all year round etc etc. People talk about elected/mandated officers and the sterling work they do granted but those golden nuggets are few and far between, as we all know the dictats and pic pockets are like all democratic entities out there elected by the minority not the majority a chara.... And as Karl Marx once said " the government is but a committee for running the common affairs of the bourgeoisie" the GAA, Shinners, Catholic Church and so on are no different. Finally keen to know your stance on the Social Club in casement, Right or Wrong? Off for a doze these early mornings are a killer!!

C11 we will see how many of you close friends come out unscathed in the near future, looking forward to see what they ask you to post on their behalf LOL... Im sure i can sniff out a few truffles for you ;) Oh and BTW i hear your favourite ref may be back on the scene in the near future your lads shud watch that space :o