Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

NAH you are aware that dunsilly is just as big a f**k up as casement?

New stadium will be in belfast - as it should be - no debate.

Ur points on accountability are correct but sadly I don't see people reaping what they sowed.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 18, 2014, 05:53:44 PM

Ur points on accountability are correct but sadly I don't see people reaping what they sowed.

Yeah I am aware of dunsilly
That's why I memtioned it, we havnt the money to finish it so we they should have gave them that

As for Ulster stadium in the city fair enough but who  else is going to sign over prime land worth money for nothing other than antrim executive
Lots of big stadia In USA is outside there city's cor reasons of access and parking  facility's etc
His much further  is  dunsilly from Belfast coming from the South of the m1
Belfast int airport is in Antrim
Anyway just a thought
Imm just looking in the papers at the state of casment park and now it's seems it's not a viable location
What a Fuk up
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

The stadium will be in belfast.
For gaa & political reasons there is no chance of the government money going outside west belfast or Ulster council money goin to an antrim complex.
The stadium belongs where it is. That won't be changing due to administrative incompetence.

American stadia are a different animal. They include public transportation and conferencing facilities and are geared towards the entertainment industry too - not gaa pitches that belong in their community. But anyway like I said that's just a non-runner.

Dunsilly & casement together must be two of the finest messes our county have ever got into.
In any other county they would be scandals that tainted those responsible to their grave.
Not here however - not in antrim.

getevennotcross

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 18, 2014, 06:29:03 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on December 18, 2014, 05:53:44 PM

Yeah I am aware of dunsilly
That's why I memtioned it, we havnt the money to finish it so we they should have gave them that

As for Ulster stadium in the city fair enough but who  else is going to sign over prime land worth money for nothing other than antrim executive
Lots of big stadia In USA is outside there city's cor reasons of access and parking  facility's etc
His much further  is  dunsilly from Belfast coming from the South of the m1
Belfast int airport is in Antrim
Anyway just a thought
Imm just looking in the papers at the state of casment park and now it's seems it's not a viable location
What a Fuk up
And who elected those into positions of power and were permitted to create such a feck up????  Allowed to act with impunity and no accountability, yet we re-elect them year in and year out, now whose fault is that?  :-[ As I said previously, we clearly have elected representatives whose ambition far exceeds their ability.  Lets not forget, those who elect them are culpable here also.  But we really then have to pose the question, are you going to put your name forward and ensure something is done about it in the future, I fear not?  Talk really is extremely cheap.

brendanbelfast

Tony Baloney

brendanbelfast

Actually yep - it must be a reference to Bob Murray. And its a good question too, or was Bob not part of the MORA objectors? (Maybe he was just the social club rep?)

getevennotcross

Quote from: hardstation on December 18, 2014, 11:07:48 PM
Quote from: brendanbelfast on December 18, 2014, 10:59:09 PM
Yeah - who is BM?
Ahh, I had only thought of Bob Murray, until now.
Great deductions HS, ur surely one not to underestimate and obviously a close eye on things.

ManInBlackandGreen

All below is written Without Prejudice: The Fairytale of the West

Couldn't sleep lads this casement thing keeping me up!!! If we go right back to when this project was first conceptually developed, allegedly some within our present leadership decided oh we'll have a piece of that and took the initiative to begin engagement and approached in a alleged dictatorship manner as they allegedly do on a day to day basis within the county as in this is happening residents so feck use!!!! Long before UC decided to get involved. Allegedly then some "Alan Sugars" thought ummm maybe other entities could be established on the back of this and get a long time role in the new project, concerts rugby matches, conferences feck me? a Minnie Croke Park and their company gets 7mill a year!!!!

Allegedly then In the interim period UC big wigs had finalised a gentleman's agreement that Rugby would be played in this new home and the name would be changed or feck that arrogance seems to be endemic among our mandated officials who needs to speak to the clubs??? Maybe we can re-name Dunsilly, Casement Park? completely denied of course on our glorious website?? By this time back on the farm the residents happened to be fairly intelligent professional people and thought na who do these people from the CE  think they are we aren't going to be bullied like the clubs so lets get some legal advice and do our due diligence (now there's a phrase that some of our CE should learn, oops its too late) like the Croke park residents did. Then it was get that social club out!!! Oh yes maybe we should do some due diligence first about how we should engage and discuss this, NOT, and it allegedly cost £40k+ wonder who wrote the cheque for that debt?ummmmmm. I would still watch that space as I think this may still be a popular media article possibly in the not to distant future, but then who knows?

So lets continue to spend money we don't have on our C of E- again due diligence seems to be missing there and now £3.5m + later and Club Antrim and CE friendship strained and recent NIR requirements about ball stops, oh shit did we not do our DD again, ah well the clubs won't notice and no-one has the stones to challenge us at convention so walt on!!!!

Now back to the farm, allegedly Alan Sugars have fallen out, politicians now involved, PSNI saying that the infrastructure will not support scheme as proposed (but lets ignore them due to past history), residents on firm legal footing, UC getting nervous as 38k stated within its Bus case is needed to bring the big pop bands and make some money to pay for its new headquarters in the new "DD (Due Diligence) Stadium". Now spiralling out of control lets ask our new Rugby friends to run to the tabloids and media to make a case for us veiled under the "Rugby World Cup Ticket" and this will put the whole bid in danger if its not built... nothing against our sporting neighbours as they do know the meaning of Due Diligence and can get things right, thoroughly enjoyed my recent visit to what was our ground back in the day.

In conclusion allegedly the Stadium will be built later than expected, it will have a far lesser capacity, the residents will be properly treated and offered a suitable inconvenience package, UC might still stay involved but have to re-draft their BC and payback period will be longer, the social club will get their day in the sun, Jesus the only thing that remains constant without change is the team that allegedly put us in the shit to start off with!!! I think its time the clubs took their own mandate from their volunteers and get an EGM and cut out the Cancer that is killing this County, we are the fecking laughing stock of the association. Feck me Roy Keanes book The Second half would have nothing on this story, any suggestions from the forum as to what we would call ours?

All of the above is just a fictional story and is based on no due diligence being carried out, it is without prejudice and made up, so if you believe it then your a bigger fool than we are...

Runaway Train, never going back-
Wrong way on a one track-

johnneycool

Soul Asylum fan then MIBAG?

Na Glinntí Glasa

i would say they will come back in Jan with a new planning application.

the residents want a stadium between 20k-25k, that wont wash it with the GAA. they want prob around 30k. there will be some serious amount of debating done with this now to ensure it gets passed through without any objections.

the chair of the casement project made a good point when he stated that some people will never be happy with the project and i think hes right.

in reality how often will casement be used?

national league games - 7 say
McKenna cup/walsh cup - 3 maybe
ulster championship - potentially 2-3
all ireland quarter final - 1

club championship games - 1 hurling final, 1 football final (Antrim), maybe a semi final
Ulster hurling 2 potential games

it could possibly be used maybe 20 times a year for matches that would bring a large to small crowd. theres other games along the year but they wont bring a crowd worth bothering about.

what other additional uses will the ground then have? rugby match? a concert?

i dont see any difference to the amount of people that attended casement each year for games than to what it will be when the new grounds built.

as this is no longer our ground it seems we wont have a choice other than to accept what the UC want with regards to the stadium size.
hurl like f**k boi!

CitySlicker11

You would hope that the new stadium would capture the imagination of youngsters around Belfast and therefore boost attendances. If they were to bring along friends and family we could see the stadium providing a positive legacy. If we could then attract these new viewers to their local clubs, the GAA would be in a lot healthier state in Belfast. Of course that is probably taken from the extreme right of the positivity scales.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on December 19, 2014, 06:32:15 AM
All below is written Without Prejudice: The Fairytale of the West

Couldn't sleep lads this casement thing keeping me up!!! If we go right back to when this project was first conceptually developed, allegedly some within our present leadership decided oh we'll have a piece of that and took the initiative to begin engagement and approached in a alleged dictatorship manner as they allegedly do on a day to day basis within the county as in this is happening residents so feck use!!!! Long before UC decided to get involved. Allegedly then some "Alan Sugars" thought ummm maybe other entities could be established on the back of this and get a long time role in the new project, concerts rugby matches, conferences feck me? a Minnie Croke Park and their company gets 7mill a year!!!!

Allegedly then In the interim period UC big wigs had finalised a gentleman's agreement that Rugby would be played in this new home and the name would be changed or feck that arrogance seems to be endemic among our mandated officials who needs to speak to the clubs??? Maybe we can re-name Dunsilly, Casement Park? completely denied of course on our glorious website?? By this time back on the farm the residents happened to be fairly intelligent professional people and thought na who do these people from the CE  think they are we aren't going to be bullied like the clubs so lets get some legal advice and do our due diligence (now there's a phrase that some of our CE should learn, oops its too late) like the Croke park residents did. Then it was get that social club out!!! Oh yes maybe we should do some due diligence first about how we should engage and discuss this, NOT, and it allegedly cost £40k+ wonder who wrote the cheque for that debt?ummmmmm. I would still watch that space as I think this may still be a popular media article possibly in the not to distant future, but then who knows?

So lets continue to spend money we don't have on our C of E- again due diligence seems to be missing there and now £3.5m + later and Club Antrim and CE friendship strained and recent NIR requirements about ball stops, oh shit did we not do our DD again, ah well the clubs won't notice and no-one has the stones to challenge us at convention so walt on!!!!

Now back to the farm, allegedly Alan Sugars have fallen out, politicians now involved, PSNI saying that the infrastructure will not support scheme as proposed (but lets ignore them due to past history), residents on firm legal footing, UC getting nervous as 38k stated within its Bus case is needed to bring the big pop bands and make some money to pay for its new headquarters in the new "DD (Due Diligence) Stadium". Now spiralling out of control lets ask our new Rugby friends to run to the tabloids and media to make a case for us veiled under the "Rugby World Cup Ticket" and this will put the whole bid in danger if its not built... nothing against our sporting neighbours as they do know the meaning of Due Diligence and can get things right, thoroughly enjoyed my recent visit to what was our ground back in the day.

In conclusion allegedly the Stadium will be built later than expected, it will have a far lesser capacity, the residents will be properly treated and offered a suitable inconvenience package, UC might still stay involved but have to re-draft their BC and payback period will be longer, the social club will get their day in the sun, Jesus the only thing that remains constant without change is the team that allegedly put us in the shit to start off with!!! I think its time the clubs took their own mandate from their volunteers and get an EGM and cut out the Cancer that is killing this County, we are the fecking laughing stock of the association. Feck me Roy Keanes book The Second half would have nothing on this story, any suggestions from the forum as to what we would call ours?

All of the above is just a fictional story and is based on no due diligence being carried out, it is without prejudice and made up, so if you believe it then your a bigger fool than we are...

Runaway Train, never going back-
Wrong way on a one track-

Well said apart from comparing these clowns to alan sugar
He's worrh 800 million through possitive drive and good business instincts

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 19, 2014, 09:10:57 AM
i would say they will come back in Jan with a new planning application.

the residents want a stadium between 20k-25k, that wont wash it with the GAA. they want prob around 30k. there will be some serious amount of debating done with this now to ensure it gets passed through without any objections.

the chair of the casement project made a good point when he stated that some people will never be happy with the project and i think hes right.

in reality how often will casement be used?

national league games - 7 say
McKenna cup/walsh cup - 3 maybe
ulster championship - potentially 2-3
all ireland quarter final - 1

club championship games - 1 hurling final, 1 football final (Antrim), maybe a semi final
Ulster hurling 2 potential games

it could possibly be used maybe 20 times a year for matches that would bring a large to small crowd. theres other games along the year but they wont bring a crowd worth bothering about.

what other additional uses will the ground then have? rugby match? a concert?

i dont see any difference to the amount of people that attended casement each year for games than to what it will be when the new grounds built.

as this is no longer our ground it seems we wont have a choice other than to accept what the UC want with regards to the stadium size.

This project was never going to be Ulster Gaa games only
There ways the going to be extra non gaa lucrative events
of promoters for concerts and the IRFU look at the smaller capacity they won't bother
It's intresting that it's never transparent where extra revenue goes
I agree with a previous post this whole thing is prime for Spotlight Special
If so I bet JM or whoever won't be available for comment

Na Glinntí Glasa

this will be like the 'who owns Guladuff Hall' saga lol

whos owns casement, a spotlight exclusive!!
hurl like f**k boi!