Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on November 03, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
Ports cutting up rough eh, never thought they had it in them!

Refereed them against the Johnnies at the end of august and boy they were rubbish, what happened ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

The referee let her go a bit more it would seem .....wee joke jj  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 03, 2014, 10:26:35 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 03, 2014, 10:24:47 PM
Ports cutting up rough eh, never thought they had it in them!

Refereed them against the Johnnies at the end of august and boy they were rubbish, what happened ?

We played them a few weeks before that again and hammered them, they just looked disinterested then, but obviously come championship they got themselves sorted out..

Na Glinntí Glasa

im still surprised they won Down this year, like everyone we all thought Ballycran would win t going on current form. portaferry were playing poor most of the year and ballycran were going really well. I actually fancied them to do well in ulster!

that went out the window! to see them win Ulster now is def the one team I didn't expect it to happen to. fair play to them, they have played well when it mattered the most and now have an all Ireland semi final to look forward to for the first time.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 04, 2014, 09:21:30 AM
im still surprised they won Down this year, like everyone we all thought Ballycran would win t going on current form. portaferry were playing poor most of the year and ballycran were going really well. I actually fancied them to do well in ulster!

that went out the window! to see them win Ulster now is def the one team I didn't expect it to happen to. fair play to them, they have played well when it mattered the most and now have an all Ireland semi final to look forward to for the first time.

If anything Ballycran believed their own hype with brought in coaches and what not filling their heads full of shite. After seeing them against Portaferry they really lacked scoring forwards. Their full forward line in particular lacked any real bite and were easily bullied out of it by the Ports. When you see corner forwards drifting out the field to pick up a loose ball or two even though they'd plenty of possession to work with closer to goal you know its time to start writing the substitution note.

Na Glinntí Glasa

it was surprising considering they beat us twice, they also beat ballycastle, loughgiel and Cushendall as well. they def looked a decent team from what I seen of them.

having seen portaferry on sunday im surprised at their league form considering how they played.

its as the saying goes, leagues are for playing in and championships are for winning.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 04, 2014, 10:24:40 AM
it was surprising considering they beat us twice, they also beat ballycastle, loughgiel and Cushendall as well. they def looked a decent team from what I seen of them.

having seen portaferry on sunday im surprised at their league form considering how they played.

its as the saying goes, leagues are for playing in and championships are for winning.

Well considering their lowest winning margin in the championship was against Ballycran, maybe they're the second best team in Ulster  ;D

Sham Man

Quote from: johnneycool on November 04, 2014, 11:36:52 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 04, 2014, 10:24:40 AM

Well considering their lowest winning margin in the championship was against Ballycran, maybe they're the second best team in Ulster  ;D
Truer words were never spoken. Up the Shams.  ;D  As I keep saying, Championship is Championship - on any given day the underdog can raise their game to unexpected levels.  Thats the beauty of Championship.  As my oul fella always says "No certainties in life, just possibilities"
Shamrocks are winners!

saffron89

been a while but not much seems to have changed apart from antrim and ulster champions that is !!!!!!!!!!!

getevennotcross

Quote from: Last Man on November 02, 2014, 12:04:57 PM
Quote from: getevennotcross on November 01, 2014, 11:12:26 PM
Hi people, I'm not getting home this weekend due to work commitments, firm got a contract in Parkhurst Prison, Isle of Wight and good money for weekend work.  Cant make it to Owenbeg obviously, will someone keep the running commentary on the game/score etc? My da and his brother are going, but are not very up with the technology bit.

It would be appreciated.  I suspect the Dall will edge it maybe but you never know. ::)
Not many prisons you'd be allowed a phone into.
Hey Last man, you were right.  I was not allowed my phone or tablet in.  To cap it all, just dropped my phone down a grate beside the van, a new phone required when I get home at the weekend.  Just heard last night the Cushendall v Portaferry result, hard luck Cushendall, good luck to Portaferry, that was a real turn up for the books.  St. Galls beaten as well, a bad weekend past for Antrim clubs.

D-Day looming also for Casement project. UC/ACB back in court next Monday 10 Nov '14.  Interesting times indeed, we could be homeless next week?

getevennotcross

Back in action, just got my new phone after best part of the week without it, back in action thank goodness.  Very quiet around here lately, trusting no one has died?  :D  Not much crack in the Gravediggers this evening either, although that's no bad thing.

Maybe Mondays court case will liven things up a little, we may all be destitute at the end of the day?  I wonder will Ravenhill be free on Sundays for NHL games commencing Feb '15?

Seamroga in exile

Kevin Ryan says that he won't be selecting winker for the Antrim panel no matter how well he plays. Nice to keep an open mind there kevin. Unreal.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

maxpower

What happens on Monday? Is a verdict given.  If the decision goes against the GAA does that end the redevelopment as a prospect or do they redesign and resubmit
What happens next????

getevennotcross

Quote from: maxpower on November 08, 2014, 09:26:38 PM
What happens on Monday? Is a verdict given.  If the decision goes against the GAA does that end the redevelopment as a prospect or do they redesign and resubmit
If things don't go as planned for the County, the money is lost, there is no plan B as they say.  Only in Antrim, were the laughing stock of the country. But less we all forget, all our respective clubs voted in the County Executive, now thats a sobering thought, is it not?  ::)

Down at the Aviva in Dublin watching the Rugby this evening, the Guinness is much nice than Sambos, I think he my be watering his in the Gravediggers.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 08, 2014, 07:44:00 PM
Kevin Ryan says that he won't be selecting winker for the Antrim panel no matter how well he plays. Nice to keep an open mind there kevin. Unreal.  ::)
Hi SIE, is it maybe a case that despite the undoubted talent of Watson, that KR feels he is unable to manage the gifted one?