Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Well I did say that Slaughtniel should not be taken too handy, if anything they should have edged it.  The Dall have further work to do it would seem.  Far from the finished article in my reckoning.  ;D

Well done Rossa, hard luck Con Magees.

auld stock

just my opinion but to say we got out of jail doesnt tell the whole story. 15mins to go we were 5 points up & in the ascendency.man sent off that shouldnt have been. (2nd yellow a definite. 1st was after a 3rd man challenge shane pulls man out of his way( never a yellow in my book. shane stays on we win by 7 or 8 points. slaughtneil had 15 mins to put us to the sword but heres the thing. they werent able to put 14 men away beacause of a massive effort from cdall.  shameful refereeing from the man from cavan. anybody care to tell me how carson doesnt get a free near the end when a man without a hurl has him in a bear hug??? take nothing from either team here. this was an epic tussle from 2 very good teams. neil mc manus was outstanding for us yet chrissy mc kaigue was likewise for sneil & they marked each other. how often will you ever see that??? again just my humble opinion but draw on the day was the fairest result. nobody or funnily both teams could have won it. funny old game this. draw, both teams regroup & see who comes out on top next time

Seamroga in exile

Swings and Roundabouts auld stock. Yous got lucky with Carson in the first half. Great neck muscles.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

auld stock

Granted sie but the sneil no 7 had neil around the neck early in the 2nd half. & yes we could go on all night about this all im sayin is as well as talkin bout us gettin out of jail lets also talk bout sneil unable to put 14 men away when the game was at their mercy & that was down to a huge effort by cdall all over the park.no we might not be the finished article but by christ that showed some character to cling on there today?? . also SIE give me your HONEST assessment of the refereeing today?

Seamroga in exile

Honestly. I think your free in the last minute of ordinary time wasn't a free. Or Even close to a free. But you roll with the punches. Take what you get and make the most of it. And you did. Fair play to you. That's one get out of jail card you've used.  ;)

auld stock

us & sneil then they used theirs too. as i said 5 points up 15mins to go. dubious at best sending off.only for it we win by 7 or 8. SIE i asked for you r honest assessment of todays referee.overall what kind of job did he do?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: auld stock on October 12, 2014, 10:03:04 PM
us & sneil then they used theirs too. as i said 5 points up 15mins to go. dubious at best sending off.only for it we win by 7 or 8. SIE i asked for you r honest assessment of todays referee.overall what kind of job did he do?
so. Let's ignore the fact that conor should have seen the line then?

Seamroga in exile

You know auld stock. This is championship hurling in ulster. You get what you get. You put your head down and get on with it. You are still in it. Nothing was lost today.  ;)

auld stock

yeah lets ignore conor should have went & shane shouldnt. with that u have actually said so much more than you wanted about the ref. thanks. anyhow with this let me return to the relative sanity of the area outside the keyboard where i have watched this thread develop for the last couple of years. and thanks for reminding me why i have sat there as a frustrated disbelieving non entity. and there i shall remain. ps you're right about one thing. we havent lost anything ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: mickey80 on October 13, 2014, 03:46:14 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 12, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

Your begrudgery knows no bounds, SIE. Give the Dall some credit ffs.
???

I've no idea what you're going on about mickey. The referee favoured slaughtneil most of the game. No doubt about that. That doesn't take away from the fact that conor head butted an opponent. That is a straight red isn't it?

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 13, 2014, 05:36:27 AM
Quote from: mickey80 on October 13, 2014, 03:46:14 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 12, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

Your begrudgery knows no bounds, SIE. Give the Dall some credit ffs.
???

I've no idea what you're going on about mickey. The referee favoured slaughtneil most of the game. No doubt about that. That doesn't take away from the fact that conor head butted an opponent. That is a straight red isn't it?

Who gives a fĂșck how the referee actually performed, what's more important is what he claimed on expenses and what people in South Derry think of it.

I presume the replay will be in Ballycastle, no?

On a side note we got beat by the Johnnies yesterday by five points, so thats us down into Div2. Time to rebuild.
Preparations were badly hampered by a load of lads away on a stag do in Dublin at the darts in the city west, two players didn't make it back up till half time..

TheGeneral

Conor Did headbutt Sean Cassidy (3), but in retaliation he pulled Conors faceguard immediately after the headbutt which I always thought was also a Red card for interference of the helmet? So in fairness If one had to go so did the other surely, Open to correction on the Faceguard pulling though?
Goals win championships

btdtgtt

I made it to Owenbeg yesterday - great conditions given the time of year.
Really exciting game and I agree the ref was poor. Too many inconsistent calls (opinin I suppose) but the red card decisions were not open to interpretation and he called them wrong - thats plain stuff!
Slaughtneil brought a fantastic ethic (and support) to the game and I get the impression they will believe they can win the replay - I'm not so sure. Another big football game this weekend will take it's toll while Cushendall have nothing else in their sights but getting the job done. They'll need a couple more players to figure strongly tho.

Slightly different note it was nice for the Derry Wans to give a ticket when paying in - never happened when the final was in Casement for some reason!

theskull1

Will video evidence be called upon here? Headbutting in a hurling match has to be the silliest way to get a red card. Its like pulling across someone with pipe lagging.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 09:31:41 AM
Will video evidence be called upon here? Headbutting in a hurling match has to be the silliest way to get a red card. Its like pulling across someone with pipe lagging.

Pure bonkers, just as much as punching someone in the faceguard, never could understand that one either, no better way of relieving your knuckles off a bit of flesh.

3K plus at a club hurling game in Ulster, not bad going.