Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

I agree, they must have a great step up at the club to get to both finals in one year. how many of their panel are dual players?
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 07, 2014, 11:17:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2014, 06:24:04 PM
Been there and done that DR. Both all Ireland finals in same year and both county finals this year!! Great bunch of lads

Serious achievement.
Slaughtneil must have some set up there?

If you look back at Ulster Feiles, minor club championships for the last few years they're never very far away, so maybe their work is coming to fruition, but this year its hard to see how lads can be out sunday after sunday and not tire.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Its only the start of it for Slaughtneil, they have a conveyor belt of teams coming behind seniors

Dualta Duane

Can't see Rossa getting by Keady - Burt nicked 3 goals! Rossa were slow to start and having watched them against Armoy they looked very weak. even there stronger so called county players were poor. Hope i'm wrong! As be good for the city hurling to have them in the Ulster final.
Think their problem is size and strength in the forward line IMO.

All seeing I

Whilst Cushendall are from the finished article yet, Slaughtneil are also there for the beating. They sent a full team up to play a weakened St Galls team in preparation for both clubs senior hurling championships. Slaughtneil won by a few with St Galls misfiring up front, again. But more importantly St Galls didnt even have a full team out. If the heads are right, Cushendall will win this one!

Milltown Row2

A Derry referee referees in antrim all the time and also Down referee in antrim also, what is the problem? No one charges anybody any thing in a games. Its expenses
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2014, 10:59:04 PM
A Derry referee referees in antrim all the time and also Down referee in antrim also, what is the problem? No one charges anybody any thing in a games. Its expenses

Expenses??? Then the total must be a mistake. £230 is a bit much for a spin over the glenshane pass, unless it's a chauffeur driven Limo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on October 09, 2014, 11:08:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2014, 10:59:04 PM

Expenses??? Then the total must be a mistake. £230 is a bit much for a spin over the glenshane pass, unless it's a chauffeur driven Limo.

exactly. I smell bullshit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 09, 2014, 08:01:20 PM
I happened to be in The Elk last night in Toome with a few Derry ex-co-workers (Creagh Concrete) and could not believe what one of them told me.  It transpires, an Antrim referee charged the Derry County Board £230.00 to referee the Derry Senior Hurling Final, I nearly croaked it when he told me and didn't believe him at first.  A mate of his then relayed the same story, at which I still found it hard to believe. Does anyone know if there is any truth in the matter?  A bit strange an Antrim referee doing a Derry Senior Hurling Final me thinks -  :o.

A nice little earner all the same, if your getting it.  But are them Derry wans likely to pay it????  Apparently it's the talk of South Derry.

Eamon Hasson refereed the Down semi-final this year, so no big deal getting outside referees in, can't say what 'expenses' he accrued that particular day though, but £230 does seem a bit ott and bullshitty.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I umpired at lower level national league games a number of years back and the ref and 4 umpires all get food expenses. the ref gets mileage as well.

that's it. there's no other payments that was made to him other than that.

now I haven't done umpiring in a long time but I cant imagine it changing that much since then, though I could be wrong.
hurl like f**k boi!

podge

100 odd miles round trip from belfast at say 30/40p mile - £30/£40

Considering he brought his 4 umpires there might have been 2 cars- another 30/40

Match fee ?

Lunch expenses for 5 people - £100- £150 I would guess

Is it really that hard to get to 230?

getevennotcross

Lest just relax here for goodness sake.  All I said was, I was not aware Antrim Referees were refereeing at games outside the county other than at Inter County games.  I also was only relaying what I had been told in relation to the charge (£230.00), and I did find it a little hard to believe.  No more no less, I just though it was a bit extortionate and maybe travelled by Helicopter.  :-X 

Charges/Expenses one of the same if you ask me, but proportionately high me think's. Just an opinion of course.

Last Man

Quote from: mickey80 on October 10, 2014, 11:57:35 AM
Quote from: getevennotcross on October 10, 2014, 10:13:29 AM
Lest just relax here for goodness sake.  All I said was, I was not aware Antrim Referees were refereeing at games outside the county other than at Inter County games.  I also was only relaying what I had been told in relation to the charge (£230.00), and I did find it a little hard to believe.  No more no less, I just though it was a bit extortionate and maybe travelled by Helicopter.  :-X 

Charges/Expenses one of the same if you ask me, but proportionately high me think's. Just an opinion of course.

So you're going to come in gossiping like an owl doll relaying stories that a few guys from Derry told you without knowing the facts and then come off with 'Let's just relax here for goodness sake' shite??  This is someone's reputation you are putting on the line. Take a f**king redner.
+1

NAG1

Quote from: Last Man on October 10, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

So you're going to come in gossiping like an owl doll relaying stories that a few guys from Derry told you without knowing the facts and then come off with 'Let's just relax here for goodness sake' shite??  This is someone's reputation you are putting on the line. Take a f**king redner.
+1

+1

As if it is not hard enough to encourage the ones we have to keep going never mind attracting new refs, without eejits like you spouting some rubbish you heard on a bar stool in south Derry.

Not only did you bring it up initially then when the facts were explained to you, you then repeated and said 'sure its only hearsay'.

Not good enough, as someone has said you dealing with someone's reputation, to be throwing around rubbish like that is not on.

Bonamargy

Quote from: NAG1 on October 10, 2014, 02:03:40 PM
Quote from: Last Man on October 10, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

+1

+1

As if it is not hard enough to encourage the ones we have to keep going never mind attracting new refs, without eejits like you spouting some rubbish you heard on a bar stool in south Derry.

Not only did you bring it up initially then when the facts were explained to you, you then repeated and said 'sure its only hearsay'.

Not good enough, as someone has said you dealing with someone's reputation, to be throwing around rubbish like that is not on.

+1