Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 15, 2014, 01:58:30 PM
Loughgiel creates the best atmosphere in my opinion.

MR2,

would St Galls carry much support with them?

I'd always had it that West Belfast teams really didn't garner many casual supporters.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on September 15, 2014, 02:08:41 PM

MR2,

I'd always had it that West Belfast teams really didn't garner many casual supporters.

Wasn't a big crowd on Saturday and while the footballers also don't bring a massive crowd (due to fecking winning it every year!!)I'd imagine everybody and their granny will be out to support this final seeing as it's our first in our 100 odd year since being formed.

As for other clubs from Belfast coming down year I'd imagine the novelty of a Belfast team in the final will draw out a lot of neutrals, we aint the worst club in Belfast for neutrals to come and watch. And the county hurling final always brings out the regulars from all the clubs and they will no doubt be supporting us (through gritted teeth)

A lot of the old old timers were down watching on Saturday, they were part of a great team we had in the mid fifties which should have contested a couple of finals but never made the breakthrough and heartbreakingly enough the team that beat them in the semis went on to win handsomely in the final (or so we are lead to believe lol)

To our dual players it's a great feat (should the footballers get to final) to be in both finals in this day and age it's getting harder and harder to do. Only the big Dublin clubs can do this and very rarely will there be a player on both teams. We've 9 or more

It definitely is up their with our centenary year when we got to Croke Park with both teams. Not bad time being involved with the club though I wish this moment (for me personally) was 8/10 years ago :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2014, 02:25:29 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 15, 2014, 02:08:41 PM

MR2,

Wasn't a big crowd on Saturday and while the footballers also don't bring a massive crowd (due to fecking winning it every year!!)I'd imagine everybody and their granny will be out to support this final seeing as it's our first in our 100 odd year since being formed.

As for other clubs from Belfast coming down year I'd imagine the novelty of a Belfast team in the final will draw out a lot of neutrals, we aint the worst club in Belfast for neutrals to come and watch. And the county hurling final always brings out the regulars from all the clubs and they will no doubt be supporting us (through gritted teeth)

A lot of the old old timers were down watching on Saturday, they were part of a great team we had in the mid fifties which should have contested a couple of finals but never made the breakthrough and heartbreakingly enough the team that beat them in the semis went on to win handsomely in the final (or so we are lead to believe lol)

To our dual players it's a great feat (should the footballers get to final) to be in both finals in this day and age it's getting harder and harder to do. Only the big Dublin clubs can do this and very rarely will there be a player on both teams. We've 9 or more

It definitely is up their with our centenary year when we got to Croke Park with both teams. Not bad time being involved with the club though I wish this moment (for me personally) was 8/10 years ago :(

I'm not being pedantic by saying this is more to do with the draw than St Galls but absolutely it's still a massive acheivement and good times in Milltown. Well done to everyone at the club - and no doubt you will all savour it.
Maybe without the efforts of the lads on previous teams the hurling side of the cub wouldnt have been strong enough to make it today so everyone has their part in it when a club does well.

DearyMe

Perhaps 15 years  MR2  ;D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DearyMe on September 15, 2014, 03:22:32 PM
Perhaps 15 years  MR2  ;D

Behave!! Didnt see you at match on Sat, giging?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glensgael

Word is Intermediate & Junior Hurling Championships will be fixed for this Saturday in Loughgiel and Senior Final in Ballycastle on 28th. Will be interesting to see how the county price these finals as it will be hard to charge £10 for one match as was last year at the senior final.

the waffler

So when do Cushendall and ballycran play is it soon ???

Sleeping giant

Am nearly 100% it's to be Loughgiel
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

manballandall

Ballycastle on 28th. Tried to give us football championship wed night before . Seriously, what do they be thinking?.
Dearyme was there alright, camouflaged with a beard these days.

CitySlicker11

Any possibility of Lamh Dhearg for these up coming finals? Not a bad spot. I haven't been to St Enda's in recent years, whats it like even for the junior/ intermediate finals?

btdtgtt

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 15, 2014, 07:46:45 PM
Any possibility of Lamh Dhearg for these up coming finals? Not a bad spot. I haven't been to St Enda's in recent years, whats it like even for the junior/ intermediate finals?

Neither hannahstown nor glengormley for matches - both can leave match susceptible to weather conditions and inhospitable for spectators.
I don't even see the need - loughgiel is one of the finest club grounds in Ireland!

paddyjohn

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 15, 2014, 07:46:45 PM

Hardly see the point in taking 2 N.Antrim teams to Hannahstown or St Endas. Loughuile is a fantastic set up.

Antrim2011

Hardly see the point in taking 2 N.Antrim teams to Hannahstown or St Endas. Loughuile is a fantastic set up.

it it actually 3 N.Antrim teams, Armoy vs Rossa and Rasharkin vs Glenravel.

heard that they are both in loughiel @ 3.00 and 4.30.

who do you think will win both games?

CitySlicker11

I'll go: Senior -Cushendall. Intermediate - Rossa. Junior - Rasharkin