Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 15, 2014, 09:05:59 AM
we were poor. no complaints at all from me, Cushendall deserved the win but to be fair they were not impressive at all. we shot too many wides, same as the semi final last year between the teams.

we were so flat the entire game. as skull says that's the quietest championship match ive been to. you nearly wanted a loose swing to get the crowd going lol

I didn't understand the cdall fans jeering the ref giving them a free at times, I thought Duffy was grand. a few strange calls and some soft bookings for each team but nothing worth moaning about.

Would agree with all of that, better team won but Dunloy could of made it more interesting with better shooting.

Has Gareth McGhee packed it in?  I thought your new keeper looked a bit suspect yesterday and against Ballycastle?

Graffin had the measure of Shorty which meant a large proportion of your goal threat was wiped out.  I was standing with the Dunloy supporters and as you say they were very very quiet.  They made a lot more noise against Ballycastle in a game which you never looked like losing which was strange.

Na Glinntí Glasa

its been a case this year that not many thought we would do anything in the championship. as dick says in the paper we have been rebuilding our team again from the way they play. we don't have the forwards to do the damage.

playing minor b imo has caused us to have a short fall in talent coming through this past number of years. this years minor team has had more U16's in it due to a lack of numbers at that grade. it will take us a few year to get back on top again.

the current U16 team and our u14 team has given me great confidence in our senior teams future. if we can nurture their talents and work them to senior level then I will be a very happy man!
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 15, 2014, 09:11:39 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 15, 2014, 09:05:59 AM
we were poor. no complaints at all from me, Cushendall deserved the win but to be fair they were not impressive at all. we shot too many wides, same as the semi final last year between the teams.

we were so flat the entire game. as skull says that's the quietest championship match ive been to. you nearly wanted a loose swing to get the crowd going lol

I didn't understand the cdall fans jeering the ref giving them a free at times, I thought Duffy was grand. a few strange calls and some soft bookings for each team but nothing worth moaning about.

Would agree with all of that, better team won but Dunloy could of made it more interesting with better shooting.

Has Gareth McGhee packed it in?  I thought your new keeper looked a bit suspect yesterday and against Ballycastle?

Graffin had the measure of Shorty which meant a large proportion of your goal threat was wiped out.  I was standing with the Dunloy supporters and as you say they were very very quiet.  They made a lot more noise against Ballycastle in a game which you never looked like losing which was strange.
I believe there's been a falling out between Gareth and dick.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 15, 2014, 09:42:27 AM
its been a case this year that not many thought we would do anything in the championship. as dick says in the paper we have been rebuilding our team again from the way they play. we don't have the forwards to do the damage.

playing minor b imo has caused us to have a short fall in talent coming through this past number of years. this years minor team has had more U16's in it due to a lack of numbers at that grade. it will take us a few year to get back on top again.

the current U16 team and our u14 team has given me great confidence in our senior teams future. if we can nurture their talents and work them to senior level then I will be a very happy man!

Love the confidence
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

I would fully expect Cushendall to win the final but they may struggle to get out of Ulster.

Next years championship will be an interesting one and I'd be keen to see how it is priced up.

Cushendall most likely favs.  Dunloy and Ballycastle both with teams at different stages of development, Loughgiel trying to regain their crown and Rossa & St Galls most likely flying the flag for the City men.  Already looking forward to it.

north aontroim gael

From a Loughgiel perspective it will be interesting to see who takes on the job of managing the team as I think the current management team are stepping aside.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 15, 2014, 10:18:02 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 15, 2014, 09:42:27 AM

Love the confidence

;D
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north aontroim gael on September 15, 2014, 10:22:26 AM
I would fully expect Cushendall to win the final but they may struggle to get out of Ulster.

Next years championship will be an interesting one and I'd be keen to see how it is priced up.

Cushendall most likely favs.  Dunloy and Ballycastle both with teams at different stages of development, Loughgiel trying to regain their crown and Rossa & St Galls most likely flying the flag for the City men.  Already looking forward to it.

The Johnnies will get better, they couldn't get any worse. Most clubs bar Dunloy will have new management in place
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Made it to the Cushendall game yesterday and glad it wasnt just me that thought it lacked real atmosphere - there wasn't any ferocity. Neither team really made me take notice to the extent that the Ballycran lads beside be were happy enough. That said I wouldnt over estimate their chances either. Cushendall are strong in nearly every position more so that Dunloy for me. I thought Graffin v shiels reminded me a bit of Graffin v Watson in that Graffin is really outstanding as a man marker. I don't recall watching anyone really get the better of him. Hes a great asset to the side for jobs like that.
I don't see St Galls producing an upset at all - Cushendall have far too much for them. If they open up I fear it could be the really one sided final that the draw threatened from the outset. Think Galls will be looking a wet day and stop start tussle.

Rossa scoreline suggests they weren't overly troubled but result of the weekend has to be Armoy. I never though for one moment they would be Glenarriffe for who that must be a massive dissapointment?!

Anyone know when are where the finals are?

imtommygunn

I think there's a double header on saturday in ballymena for the junior / intermediate .

The seniors I'd expect in 2 weeks in ballycastle though that's a guess...

Milltown Row2

Aye more than likely, will suit Cushendall better, would have preferred a tighter pitch in fairness but Ballycastle was a grand setting last year, and hopefully Cushendall put in the same performance  ;)

Graffin won't have to man mark in our game, I think all the tactics will have to come from us to try and stay with Cushendall. Would like to be within 3/4 points on the 50 min mark, just to see.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2014, 12:36:14 PM
I think there's a double header on saturday in ballymena for the junior / intermediate .

The seniors I'd expect in 2 weeks in ballycastle though that's a guess...

As a neutral I'd much prefer Dunloy or Loughgiel for the senior final but it seems Ballycastle will get the nod.

Na Glinntí Glasa

dunloy or loughgiel would do me as well but as you say it will end up in ballycastle.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Loughgiel creates the best atmosphere in my opinion.

theskull1

Well it'll not be on our pitch....getting drainage work done this week
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera