Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: thegladiator on September 01, 2014, 06:00:55 PM
Sarsfields v cloughmills replay set for 8pm wednesday night in Ballycastle.

Floodlights?

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Cloughmills are more disciplined and play better hurling. Sarsfields are physical and hard to play against. Travelling to Ballycastle on a Wednesday night might not suit them. Think your right. I'll go Cloughmills this time.

Jeepers Creepers

Enough of a dangling carrot there for both teams...

thegladiator

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 01, 2014, 07:16:31 PM
Enough of a dangling carrot there for both teams...

I thought st galls had the semi all wrapped up already? ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 01, 2014, 05:12:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2014, 10:55:33 AM
No not playing us down our belittling Clooney Gaels who from what I gathered were great only for the last 5 minutes to lose the match. We should be (with the players we have) hammering teams like Clooney Gaels but we continue to find ourselves in a battle!! I've said it before I love the way the Gaels approach a match simple plan, work like feck to get the ball into their best players up front, two man forward line and PJ got 2 goals, not rocket science but it works for them. I hope they are building on their current success in hurling and that they will be challenging again next year

Steady on there MR2 It's been a long time from you were in division 1. The fact you have got there and are close to staying up should be respected. You were in the same division as Gaels last year in what is a very competitive division, so you should definitely not be hammering teams 'like that'. You have been on here recently saying how close that game would be.

My point is with the grade of hurlers we have had this past few years, and in the recent past beat Dunloy over 2 games and should have beaten Cushendall in the next game, we should be beating Clooney by more, I said I wasn't disrespecting them at all, I've prasied them many many times
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 01, 2014, 07:15:45 PM
Cloughmills are more disciplined and play better hurling. Sarsfields are physical and hard to play against. Travelling to Ballycastle on a Wednesday night might not suit them. Think your right. I'll go Cloughmills this time.

Who had the man sent off in that game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2014, 08:16:56 PM

Cloughmills. Small enough squad already at best of times and with a few missing.

Reckon Sarsfields here.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

That's a silly commennt MR2 cloughlmills had the man sent off. A sub who came on for 10 seconds. 1 silly stroke does not mean you can tar the whole team as indisciplined. Mark O'Neill had a poor game so by your logic all referees are poor????? Sarsfields gave away free after free. We're you there by the way?

Jeepers Creepers

Keep your hair on Sylvie  :o

Glensman

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 01, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

That's a silly commennt MR2 cloughlmills had the man sent off. A sub who came on for 10 seconds. 1 silly stroke does not mean you can tar the whole team as indisciplined. Mark O'Neill had a poor game so by your logic all referees are poor????? Sarsfields gave away free after free. We're you there by the way?

Read again - he said more disciplined!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 01, 2014, 09:52:23 PM

At no point did I tar anybody I was being funny (left out smiley), you said they were more disciplined but had a man sent of for wildly pulling on a Sarsfields man go figure!! Look I've played senior against Sarsfields for past 26 years you don't have to tell me about Sarsfields and how they play. Mark O'Neill from what I was told did really well, had to listen to some slabbering and dished out a card for it. A very good referee in my opinion

I wasn't there (I stated that a couple of times) but well informed by a good mate who wouldn't be biased but a great clubman

I'd say Cloughmills will win the replay. 15 on 15 (providing they can keep disciplined  ;D) and up in Ballycastle should be enough, Sarsfields I think have a few injuries going into the game also.

To keep young Daniel down to 2 points is very good, he's a wee handful when on his game. I said also that if Sarsfields have their best 15 out they'd win (which may not be the case). Should be a difficult game as replays can after some afters in it

sylvieslynanesnutsack

I agree Mark is a good referee and a nice guy, met him once or twice. I feel he guessed several decisions where he should have admitted he didn't see them. That is actually why (think it was Gallagher) got booked, out of pure frustration at bad decisions. A St. Galls player shipped a big elbow to the head (no.13) and was injured for a few minutes. Mark said he fell. Again better saying he didn't see it. But listen I'm doing the one thing I don't like doing - criticizing people. It can be a frustrating game.

MR2 let me make one last point which is why I got frustrated. I don't like people criticizing their own clubmates. My own club is rife with it. I think it is destructive. I'm sure as a ref (a good one at that) you are aware of idiots and their opinions (and I include myself in that)

Milltown Row2

Who did i give off to in my club? Only telling you what i was told.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2014, 08:15:53 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on September 01, 2014, 05:12:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2014, 10:55:33 AM
No not playing us down our belittling Clooney Gaels who from what I gathered were great only for the last 5 minutes to lose the match. We should be (with the players we have) hammering teams like Clooney Gaels but we continue to find ourselves in a battle!! I've said it before I love the way the Gaels approach a match simple plan, work like feck to get the ball into their best players up front, two man forward line and PJ got 2 goals, not rocket science but it works for them. I hope they are building on their current success in hurling and that they will be challenging again next year

Steady on there MR2 It's been a long time from you were in division 1. The fact you have got there and are close to staying up should be respected. You were in the same division as Gaels last year in what is a very competitive division, so you should definitely not be hammering teams 'like that'. You have been on here recently saying how close that game would be.

My point is with the grade of hurlers we have had this past few years, and in the recent past beat Dunloy over 2 games and should have beaten Cushendall in the next game, we should be beating Clooney by more, I said I wasn't disrespecting them at all, I've prasied them many many times

You're not being complimentary. I would argue that Clooney Gaels have a better attack than yourselves. I've seen you twice this year and on both occasions I was very impressed with your defence but you have little to nothing up front. Need forwards to win games.

Where was that boy Burke yesterday? Is he not playing. I saw him Mark one of the best players in the county and he was impressive.

Na Glinntí Glasa

must admit i was quietly happy with ourselves on saturday. the 3 goals aside we were never in any trouble. i dont think we got out of 3rd gear the whole match.

game as a whole was dead flat for both teams. dont understand ballycastles team line up at all? the best centre half in antrim in midfield? a full back who hasnt touched leather in 2 years in centre half? no sense at all.

we can play much better than that in the semi final but im quiet happy not being the favs for this game.
hurl like f**k boi!