Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

So that's it? No real match reports? WTF!!! come on lads, I missed every game today even my own, haven't heard a peep from ones in the club other than it was daylight robbery by our lads, I'm happy enough as our best player was away on his honeymoon (Karl Stewart) so I'll take a one point win and be in the semi final as there are 2 decent teams not there.

Sarsfields and Cloughmills drew? any match report on that game?

Sorry, north_antrim_hound didn't see that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2014, 08:29:08 PM
So that's it? No real match reports? WTF!!! come on lads, I missed every game today even my own, haven't heard a peep from ones in the club other than it was daylight robbery by our lads, I'm happy enough as our best player was away on his honeymoon (Karl Stewart) so I'll take a one point win and be in the semi final as there are 2 decent teams not there.

Sarsfields and Cloughmills drew? any match report on that game?

Sorry, north_antrim_hound didn't see that
I'm not a journalist. 😉
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 31, 2014, 07:38:56 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 31, 2014, 07:34:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2014, 07:25:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2014, 07:19:04 PM
Loughgiels mighty run has come to an end

The drive for 5 gone?

Dall the better team
Eoin Elliot should be ashamed of himself
Could not have been more bias
Hard luck to LG and well done to the dall
He'd be wile popular about loughgiel right enough.  ;)

Can't blame him though. Cushendall deserved to win.

I meant he was bias for LG
He was giving you frees for nothing
w**ker should have walked
Cushendall could t buy a free

How many did you score from play
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sleeping giant

Fair play to cdall, wanted it more on the day. Good luck to them! Just a bridge to far for us. Missed a few players and hopefully can enjoy the break and come back and give it a go next year again!! 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 31, 2014, 09:10:51 PM
Fair play to cdall, wanted it more on the day. Good luck to them! Just a bridge to far for us. Missed a few players and hopefully can enjoy the break and come back and give it a go next year again!!

A winter off will do no harm
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Where do I begin after my travels today. I'll start at the beginning. Cloughmills did all the hurling today but Sarsfields were tough and physical.  Great encounter and hard to call the replay. Cloughmills sub on for 10 seconds before being given a straight red. Sarsfields did not use the extra man well.

St. Galls were shocking. That boy CJ seems to have a serious bad attitude am I right? He never touched the ball and missed free after free. St. Galls cannot play any worse and this might actually work in their favour. I am a big fan of Mark O'Neill as a referee but today he had a poor game and guessed a lot of decisions. He gave St. Galls nothing.

Armoy thoroughly deserved their victory!!!

Loughgiel played none. I have to say I think Benny McCarry is arguably the best forward in the county. He has been a huge loss. Martin Scullion too. Joey Scullion has been poor all season and winker clearly injured. That's a lot of Big players.

Fair play to the Dall, they played great and were fully deserving of the win. Will be an interesting semi final now.

Great to see Shamrock fans on here being gracious. Great champions and great in defeat. Fair play.   

NAG1

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 31, 2014, 09:26:07 PM
Where do I begin after my travels today. I'll start at the beginning. Cloughmills did all the hurling today but Sarsfields were tough and physical.  Great encounter and hard to call the replay. Cloughmills sub on for 10 seconds before being given a straight red. Sarsfields did not use the extra man well.

St. Galls were shocking. That boy CJ seems to have a serious bad attitude am I right? He never touched the ball and missed free after free. St. Galls cannot play any worse and this might actually work in their favour. I am a big fan of Mark O'Neill as a referee but today he had a poor game and guessed a lot of decisions. He gave St. Galls nothing.

Armoy thoroughly deserved their victory!!!

Loughgiel played none. I have to say I think Benny McCarry is arguably the best forward in the county. He has been a huge loss. Martin Scullion too. Joey Scullion has been poor all season and winker clearly injured. That's a lot of Big players.

Fair play to the Dall, they played great and were fully deserving of the win. Will be an interesting semi final now.

Great to see Shamrock fans on here being gracious. Great champions and great in defeat. Fair play.

Anothet prediction wrong?

Hope you didnt visit the bookies this weekend  ;)

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Hands up from me NAG! Called a few wrong this weekend. I'm sure I wasn't alone!

faughs

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 31, 2014, 09:01:22 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 31, 2014, 07:38:56 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 31, 2014, 07:34:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 31, 2014, 07:25:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 31, 2014, 07:19:04 PM
Loughgiels mighty run has come to an end

The drive for 5 gone?

Dall the better team
Eoin Elliot should be ashamed of himself
Could not have been more bias
Hard luck to LG and well done to the dall
He'd be wile popular about loughgiel right enough.  ;)

Can't blame him though. Cushendall deserved to win.

I meant he was bias for LG
He was giving you frees for nothing
w**ker should have walked
Cushendall could t buy a free

How many did you score from play

Cush

Milltown Row2

So Dunloy Cushendall semi final, nobody predicted that. Cushendall never get going against Dunloy so maybe just maybe Dunloy could get to the final. Which would suit us ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bonamargy

Quote from: Bonamargy on August 25, 2014, 05:22:36 PM
Some predictions for the craic, what do you think?

Senior Championship:

Ballycastle V Dunloy - Town by 2
Loughgiel V Cushendall - Shams by 7
St Galls V Clooney - Galls by 8
Cloughmills V Sarsfields - Biddies by 1

Intermediate Championship

Rossa V St Endas - Rossa by 20+
St Paul's V Armoy - St Paul's by 3
Carey V Lamh Dhearg - Carey by 6
Glenariff V Gortnamona - Osian by 5

Good job I didn't take my predictions to the bookies.  All the teams left in the Senior championship will have lifted their hopes after Cushendall beat Loughgiel tonight. Interesting that the division 2 teams did reasonably well against the division one teams. Looking forward to seeing the Dunloy V Cushendall Semi. Cushendall thoroughly deserved their win today, Christy McNaughton with both the Dall goals is a class act. How far away from fitness is Shane? On today's display, the Dall are the new favourites.

The intermediate went the way I expected apart from Armoy beating St Paul's. Big wins for Rossa, Glenariff and Carey. I expect the winner of the intermediate will come from those 3. Carey V Rossa and Glenariff V Armoy. Glenariff to win handy to get into the final, the other one will be a point or two either way.

btdtgtt

I think we can all agree that was a fantastic weekend of club hurling in Antrim.
Our club scene is amongst the most competitive in Ireland - and our county champions never let us down on the national stage.

So forgive me this one point:
Could we not foster this all year round rather than cram it into a few weeks at the behest of the just 15 county hurlers?

Well done to all the winners this weekend - and I look forward to some fascinating ties to come.
St Galls getting out of jail convinces me even more they will make the final.
Cushendall v Dunloy is reminding me of the epic tussles of the 90s - the confidence of winning today leans me towards cushendall.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 31, 2014, 11:31:27 PM
I think we can all agree that was a fantastic weekend of club hurling in Antrim.
Our club scene is amongst the most competitive in Ireland - and our county champions never let us down on the national stage.

So forgive me this one point:
Could we not foster this all year round rather than cram it into a few weeks at the behest of the just 15 county hurlers?

Well done to all the winners this weekend - and I look forward to some fascinating ties to come.
St Galls getting out of jail convinces me even more they will make the final.
Cushendall v Dunloy is reminding me of the epic tussles of the 90s - the confidence of winning today leans me towards cushendall.

They don't beat Dunloy too often. different game, Christy is a class act for Cushendall, has a fantastic touch on him. Better than Shane I'd say and Shane's a cracker when he gets the right ball. Hmmm pleased we got over the line today, I knew we'd find it tough!

Won't comment much more for fear of getting one of the intermediate games lol. I'd say the big boys will get the remainder of SHC matches ;)

Hurler24

Not getting at you here MR2 by any stretch of the imagination, but interested about the first sending off yday? My understanding was both players putting the butt of the hurl into each other waiting on the free?Just wondering what else or what was seen that allowed one to be a straight red and the other a yellow.And then also how does this compare to the Watson incident?similar thing with the butt of the hurl yet a yellow card was awarded?

Fairhead

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 30, 2014, 08:36:06 PM
The difference in a league game and a championship game,  IMO loughgiel were in the same position 8/10 years ago. Just couldn't produce what we knew we were capable of in championship match. Could beat anyone in league. Ballycastle are young. And will lift championships in years to come. No doubt.    Now then. It's that time again!!

Fair play to you SG for your comments; I never thought I would hear a L'giel person be so complementary about Ballycastle!!! But I will disagree with you in that as I analyse the last few years I don't see Ballycastle like L'giel of 10 years ago. L'giel were at least getting to finals Ballycastle aren't. Thought there was too much misplaced optimism around Ballycastle this year. Very inconsistent in the league and the management still didn't know what the best team is. Plus discipline is still a problem; I make it 4 sending offs in championship defeats in the last 4 years.

As for L'giel Benny McCarry was a hugh loss to them this year and after all the miles on the clock, which the results in the league seemed to indicate, they weren't the same force. However im sure they will be back strong in 2015. Great champions but glad to see the back of them all the same  ;)