Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 30, 2014, 08:39:42 PM
Think that sums it up SG. Someone has to get a championship out of that squad. Take nothing from Dunloy they stayed cool, playing some lovely hurling.
youd think they were all late 20s,  it's the exact opposite, it will come.  Kills me to say it ;D. But it will come. Shorty will take some stopping by anyone
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 30, 2014, 08:14:02 PM
Shocked at how bad Ballycastle were. They will be kicking themselves after that performance. Fair play Dunloy......A lesser squad of players but fully deserved the win. The scoreline flattered Ballycastle

Contradiction?

Didnt see where the confidence was coming from for the town!

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Shorty us a class act. Great attacking player and brought back to sweeper for last ten minutes where he was equally as effective.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Quote from: NAG1 on August 30, 2014, 08:52:48 PM
Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 30, 2014, 08:14:02 PM
Shocked at how bad Ballycastle were. They will be kicking themselves after that performance. Fair play Dunloy......A lesser squad of players but fully deserved the win. The scoreline flattered Ballycastle

Contradiction?

Didnt see where the confidence was coming from for

They have an exceptional attacking 6 which is certainly cause for confidence.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Bonamargy on August 30, 2014, 08:44:22 PM
That was really disappointing from us. We overworked the ball just about every time we got it and ran into trouble. Turned down point opportunities regularly to try and work the ball closer.....why?? When we got the ball forward quickly in the second half we looked like scoring every time, but it was too little too late. Saul was just about the only player to do himself justice. Another year gone with nothing to show. Congratulations to Dunloy, certainly the better team on the day.

Saul is class act. Get him on county panel A S AP he was hard to stop tonight
Hard luck to ballycastle
There day will come but they have to make it happen to

Pleasing for us was there was a lot of county players on tonight and my man of the match was powder
He was very solid and cleared a lot of ball
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Yes, a fully deserved victory for us. 18 scores to 8 is where it was at. We were in total control and then the goals started going in. Impressed the way we found our feet again when it went down to 2. Reality is though a better team would be home and hosed by then. Overall though very very happy with the way we played. The boys can be very proud of their performance and will know there's plenty of work ahead of the next game.

Thought you'd a decent enough game MR. Let the game go and used your officials if you didn't see incidents. I never seen any of the red card incidents myself.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Agree MR did well in the middle. Good team effort from officials which is good to see. If one missed something then another brought it to attention. Really really hard sport to officiate.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Quote from: Bonamargy on August 30, 2014, 08:44:22 PM
That was really disappointing from us. We overworked the ball just about every time we got it and ran into trouble. Turned down point opportunities regularly to try and work the ball closer.....why?? When we got the ball forward quickly in the second half we looked like scoring every time, but it was too little too late. Saul was just about the only player to do himself justice. Another year gone with nothing to show. Congratulations to Dunloy, certainly the better team on the day.

Saul was impressive Bonamargy. You guys scored a lot of goals this year and I think they maybe thought they'd get them tonight. But it was criminal dropping ball after ball in when their were points for the taking. When you consider you only lost by 4 I think it was the wrong call. Big Cormac looked off the pace. Is he totally recovered??

Hurler24

Really really disappointing display tonight. Especially our older supposedly experienced players. As SG says they are still young with 9 players in around the 21 mark.But will need to look at how to transfer league to championship. Exact same position as Loughgiel were in before they cracked it and I have faith.Word is McShane and Cassidy have stepped down which begs the question who now???Positives for us were Saul and the two Donnellys in defence. ps. SG any tips on how to do it greatly appreciated

sylvieslynanesnutsack

I'm a fan of Neal McAuley. He didn't get into the game at all. Midfield is not his position.

NAG1

Quote from: Hurler24 on August 30, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
Really really disappointing display tonight. Especially our older supposedly experienced players. As SG says they are still young with 9 players in around the 21 mark.But will need to look at how to transfer league to championship. Exact same position as Loughgiel were in before they cracked it and I have faith.Word is McShane and Cassidy have stepped down which begs the question who now???Positives for us were Saul and the two Donnellys in defence. ps. SG any tips on how to do it greatly appreciated

What league form? Mangement made the decision when the league split to play weakened teams, lost games and didnt compete at the business end of the year.

Mistake?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 30, 2014, 10:02:08 PM
I'm a fan of Neal McAuley. He didn't get into the game at all. Midfield is not his position.
As nice a fella I've seen play the game, was not on the ball as he traditionally is. Strange game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Quote from: NAG1 on August 30, 2014, 10:03:25 PM
Quote from: Hurler24 on August 30, 2014, 09:55:50 PM

What league form? Mangement made the decision when the league split to play weakened teams, lost games and didnt compete at the business end of the year.

Mistake?

Agree with you on this NAG. What is the point of saving players for Championship if that is how they perform.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Well done MR2. Game flowed.

north_antrim_hound

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets