Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler24

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 13, 2014, 10:46:43 PM
Quote from: Hurler24 on August 13, 2014, 10:24:27 PM
Anyone at Loughgiel/Ballycastle or Dunloy/Cushendall?

Money still all on Loughgiel?

The dall by 5 points here in dunloy

Full teams?

Bonamargy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 13, 2014, 10:45:25 PM
Quote from: manballandall on August 13, 2014, 09:38:43 PM
We won by a goal and johnnies drew with paddies . Paddies will kick themselves

So if we beat Sarsfields will we be safe?

I think you will indeed be safe if you beat Sarsfields.

btdtgtt

When johnnies got their goal I thought it was game over.
Wrong! Credit the paddies who should have won in the end.
Exciting if not always great quality hurling.

johnneycool

I think that defeat means we are deep in the mire if its two up two down as I'm being told.

We've still to go to Corrigan, but we'd need a vast improvement from last nights insipid performance which was far removed from our last two home games against Portaferry and a storming second half against Ballycastle.

You'd a fairly ropey keeper who we really didn't test enough, his positional sense and footwork are pretty poor for a keeper, is he the normal man between the sticks?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on August 14, 2014, 08:52:33 AM

I think that defeat means we are deep in the mire if its two up two down as I'm being told.

We've still to go to Corrigan, but we'd need a vast improvement from last nights insipid performance which was far removed from our last two home games against Portaferry and a storming second half against Ballycastle.

You'd a fairly ropey keeper who we really didn't test enough, his positional sense and footwork are pretty poor for a keeper, is he the normal man between the sticks?

We haven't had a proper keeper for years, I'd say maybe 15 years since we had a long term keeper, we've generally had a keeper who's been a past player. Not the same.

We'd need to improve more before we play Clooney Gaels, they are racking up big scores in a competitive div 2. Can not get complacent now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Note To st galls opposition in the championship...

go for goals!!

btdtgtt

MR2 i was waiting on you playing down st galls as usual!

Anything short of a final appearance would be a huge disappointment regardless of who is in goals!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 14, 2014, 10:18:47 AM
Note To st galls opposition in the championship...

go for goals!!

Clooney Gaels with PJ will always go for goals, but as you can see from our results we aren't shy of scoring goals also.

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 14, 2014, 10:43:51 AM
MR2 i was waiting on you playing down st galls as usual!

Anything short of a final appearance would be a huge disappointment regardless of who is in goals!

Can't play us down at all, we are Div 1 B and playing a team in Div 2, can't paint it any other way unfortunately.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Apparently so

I know the championship has already started with a few games but still time for predictions

Senior - Think Loughgiel will take it handy enough. Fancy Ahoghill to get to a final against them. Mental how this draw has turned out with all the big guns on one side. Great chance for Ahoghill, Cloghmills, Sarsfields or St Galls to reach a senior final. All four of those teams are a match for each other imo so should be a few good games on that side

Intermediate - Rossa's to lose although Glenariff in with a chance as well. Armoy could be the dark horses in this one, St Pauls also seem to be going along nicely. Carey always a good championship team

Junior - Would have said Glenarm at the start of the season but they seem to have completely collapsed as the season has went. Have got a couple of doings the last few weeks. It will probably be the winners of Rasharkin - St Theresas who win this one although Glenravel, O'Donnells and Glenarm in with a chance. Why did they split the Junior championship? Would it not have been handier just to play it as the one competition?

btdtgtt

SENIOR: Shamrocks at a canter - beating st galls in the decider.
INTER: Rossa - unless a championship performance from glenarrife turns them over.
JUNIOR: Would love to to see st Theresa's do something here.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Senior - Loughgiel. they are by far still the best team in the county and their passing game against St. Johns really impressed me the way they took them apart.

Intermediate - Rossa. they are going well in Div2 at the min and should have the players and know how to win it.

Junior - going to go for our neighbours Rasharkin to win it.
hurl like f**k boi!

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Ballycastle are sitting back rubbing their hands at everyone saying that Loughiel will win it easily. Loughiel will beat Ballycastle by 2/3 points in semi final. St. Galls opening game is really tough, nothing will be easy on that side of the draw. Cushendall won't count. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sylvieslynanesnutsack on August 15, 2014, 11:34:08 AM
Ballycastle are sitting back rubbing their hands at everyone saying that Loughiel will win it easily. Loughiel will beat Ballycastle by 2/3 points in semi final. St. Galls opening game is really tough, nothing will be easy on that side of the draw. Cushendall won't count.

We won't get it easy and we have never beaten Clooney by more that a couple of points, and they have beaten us in the past, hard working team with a couple of great hurlers

Seamroga in exile

Sylvie, you can be sure that *LoughGiel are looking no further than the next opposition. As always, the preparation put into each championship game is the same no matter who the opposition is. And if it works out that we get past Cushendall and end up playing the town the same preparation will go into that game. its a dangerous thing looking too far ahead.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

sylvieslynanesnutsack

*than......SIE, they are very professional and you are totally right. Cushendall are very poor though, they will be no match. Look at last years final. Not enough has changed.