Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 08, 2014, 03:15:28 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2014, 02:59:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 02:17:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2014, 02:12:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 02:07:54 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2014, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 12:03:01 PM
So it seems the split in the league has just allowed the ones in the top half to use it for training purposes for Championship, As Ballycastle have rested players against St Johns, Dunloy and now  Cushendall it seems. They should be well rested then for the Big game

MR2 what else did you expect, no one cares if they win the league or not. So August is about preparing for the championship, teams will go about that any way they see fit.

Yep I suppose, as a manager I would have preferred momentum going into Championship but cotton wool is ok also

It depends on your psychological approach; if you are protecting mentally fragile players from a defeat against a team who they face later in the year or whether you are just trying to lull the other team into a kind of false position of superiority.

Or you are giving your squad players the chance to go and fight for a place/ having the opposite effect if they happen to beat said opposition 'sure we beat them with half a team' or the flip side if they are defeated 'sure we had no team out'

Personally within reason should be playing to your strengths all the time because when the pressure comes on around championship time, those team work situations will occur more naturally.

creating a game plan will work better in league games than the training pitch, players knowing where to be, where to move the ball, timing runs all of that is better in a real game, also good for management to know if certain systems work or not and allows time to tweak it, can't do that when the ball is thrown in come Championship!!

Cushendall worried about Loughgiel or just concentrating on their own game?

Think everyone is worried about Loughgiel  ;)

Worried is maybe the wrong word. Expecting or presuming would be closer
There overwhelming favourites. I'd say they worry more than the other clubs
They know if they don't perform on the day and the rivals do it could be tight
But I would be shocked if they don't pull off the 5 in a row
Great team that play to a system.
It's theirs to lose

Simple system that has not been beaten in a long while, why is that? Have managers not worked it out yet or is it down to better hurlers in Loughgiel? Any team at that standard (Dall,Dunloy, loughgiel, Castle) should all have the same fitness (if they don't then what chance have ya got) so it comes down to skill, tactics and sheer fecking will to win.

For me Loughgiel haven't reinvented the wheel, they use a simple system called team work, they work the ball to the best player in the best position, they look for the red top and play the ball, they have managed to get goals when needed also and having a maverick player isn't a bad thing, takes the attention away from the lads that hurl. Good mix and the trust the system, how do you stop it? work fecking harder than they do.

Why a player lets a man run by him looking a pass is beyond me, play that yard in front cover the space, make them play hurried lofty balls in to their forwards  instead of a free low ball into the corner. Easy to discuss how to beat a team, putting that into practice is totally different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 03:45:14 PM
So it seems the split in the league has just allowed the ones in the top half to use it for training purposes for Championship, As Ballycastle have rested players against St Johns, Dunloy and now  Cushendall it seems. They should be well rested then for the Big game

MR2 what else did you expect, no one cares if they win the league or not. So August is about preparing for the championship, teams will go about that any way they see fit.

Yep I suppose, as a manager I would have preferred momentum going into Championship but cotton wool is ok also

It depends on your psychological approach; if you are protecting mentally fragile players from a defeat against a team who they face later in the year or whether you are just trying to lull the other team into a kind of false position of superiority.

Or you are giving your squad players the chance to go and fight for a place/ having the opposite effect if they happen to beat said opposition 'sure we beat them with half a team' or the flip side if they are defeated 'sure we had no team out'

Personally within reason should be playing to your strengths all the time because when the pressure comes on around championship time, those team work situations will occur more naturally.

creating a game plan will work better in league games than the training pitch, players knowing where to be, where to move the ball, timing runs all of that is better in a real game, also good for management to know if certain systems work or not and allows time to tweak it, can't do that when the ball is thrown in come Championship!!

It's theirs to lose

Simple system that has not been beaten in a long while, why is that? Have managers not worked it out yet or is it down to better hurlers in Loughgiel? Any team at that standard (Dall,Dunloy, loughgiel, Castle) should all have the same fitness (if they don't then what chance have ya got) so it comes down to skill, tactics and sheer fecking will to win.

For me Loughgiel haven't reinvented the wheel, they use a simple system called team work, they work the ball to the best player in the best position, they look for the red top and play the ball, they have managed to get goals when needed also and having a maverick player isn't a bad thing, takes the attention away from the lads that hurl. Good mix and the trust the system, how do you stop it? work fecking harder than they do.

Why a player lets a man run by him looking a pass is beyond me, play that yard in front cover the space, make them play hurried lofty balls in to their forwards  instead of a free low ball into the corner. Easy to discuss how to beat a team, putting that into practice is totally different

Can't disagree with that mr2
The word system does cover a wide spectrum
They have drilled the players well
Where do I need to be where does the next man after that have to be
Have the skill levels to execute any short or long pass balls at speed
To runners who have lost there men
They have puck out strategys and quick free plans as well
All the scenarios they might pop up during a match have been considered
I know LG men might not like this but Jim nelson has his fingerprints all over it
Attention to detail and no stone unturned
But the players are the one who deserve the credit, you don't hurl like that without putting in the hours
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

CastleCamog

Quote from: johnneycool on August 08, 2014, 01:47:31 PM

All the more reason to make sure you're in the top half, although I don't get the resting players thing unless they are carrying a knock or something as a good run out is more worthwhile that training sessions..

Here in lies an important piece of info.......we are carrying a few knocks/niggling injuries.  I'm sure we're not the first club to look out for the welfare of our players....nor will we be the last  ;)

CastleCamog

Quote from: Mcquillans man on August 08, 2014, 04:29:21 PM
Castle camog, when over the last 3 years have we not been carrying injuries , thing is why rest the same players, and none of the other players gets rested . I personally would love to see our full team out against cdall and lgiel this Wednesday nite, how does managment expect team to click if they haven't started the last 3-4 games before we come up against a very good dunloy side which is going well at the minute.

Thought that wud prob be self explanatory? If someone is carrying a knock then they're carrying a knock.....they aren't 'resting'. If that knock/niggle develops into full blown injury that prevents them from featuring in cship then ud want the bcastle mgt team hung drawn & quartered. Like I said I'm sure we're not the only team looking after the welfare of our own players.

CastleCamog

Quote from: Mcquillans man on August 08, 2014, 05:06:46 PM
So out of the subs we had the other nite how many of them were injured? Seems to be the same players getting rested the whole time.

We'll give up...you're not getting the hang of this 'rested' versus 'injured' thing lol

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Cushendall don't have the firepower up front. Ballycastle do, but can they get the most out of it for Championship? If they could isolate their two whippets in full forward they would be a handful. Loughiel won't win the championship as easily as they did last year.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2014, 03:45:14 PM

It's theirs to lose

i have been reading this board for years - from Gaelic Football to Hurling to soccer to Golf etc etc
and i have found this paragraph to sum everything up
no genius invention (no offence to PJ)
if the coaching skills from young age are there - hard work will get you over the line
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel match cancelled today.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 10, 2014, 01:27:17 PM

So was ours, but I thought the fixture had to be reversed if your pitch was unplayable, no?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on August 12, 2014, 11:32:29 AM

So was ours, but I thought the fixture had to be reversed if your pitch was unplayable, no?

Death in Loughgiel Johnney, Chris O'Connell's mother died
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 12, 2014, 11:51:52 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 12, 2014, 11:32:29 AM

Death in Loughgiel Johnney, Chris O'Connell's mother died

Sorry to hear that, presumed the cancellation was due to the torrential rain experienced in some places..

manballandall

We won by a goal and johnnies drew with paddies . Paddies will kick themselves

Hurler24

Anyone at Loughgiel/Ballycastle or Dunloy/Cushendall?

Money still all on Loughgiel?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on August 13, 2014, 09:38:43 PM
We won by a goal and johnnies drew with paddies . Paddies will kick themselves

So if we beat Sarsfields will we be safe?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Hurler24 on August 13, 2014, 10:24:27 PM
Anyone at Loughgiel/Ballycastle or Dunloy/Cushendall?

Money still all on Loughgiel?

The dall by 5 points here in dunloy

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets