Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 29, 2014, 12:36:12 PM
The lambasting was not of "Antrim" but of some very peculiar goings on behind the closed doors of power within the Antrim hurling set up. I'm posting what I know to be happening. Facts are facts Whether you like them or not. But no matter. Onwards and upwards. Eh?

Your not really posting what's happening but what your heard was happening
In the general scheme of things it's no biggy. Maybe if you where introspective you might see a common dominator here. Don't see KR or Antrim players :::::GURNING:::::
At every wim

And spare me this will come out soon enough line. Heard it before from you and always turns out to be nothing. I think you like the sound of your own voice to much

Try taking more a leaf out of hardstations book. He has issues with some things in Antrim but saw fit to run a bus to ballycastle to support hurlers
All you want to do is whinge. I think it's fair to say we are all club men first but I like to support the county team when I can
Certainly won't be trying to impose some sort of contempt for them on to others
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Just a wee reminder that I didn't bring it up. But I'll let it go. It seems I'm out of place on here when showing concern about how our county team is being run. By the way, as I've stated all along, I hope I'm proved wrong about the influence some people have over who plays and who doesn't. The problem is I won't be.

I was there on Sunday, paid my £8, and have to say I haven't seen any improvement this year at all. Again, I hope I'm proved wrong and Antrim get to at least the quarter final. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Megaman

As ive said before its best to ignore SIE as he has Two rather large chips on his shoulder.

saying that!!!

SIE, do you know there is a players committee, which includes a number of players, not just the two you seem to continually have a problem with.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Megaman on April 30, 2014, 09:27:13 AM
As ive said before its best to ignore SIE as he has Two rather large chips on his shoulder.

saying that!!!

SIE, do you know there is a players committee, which includes a number of players, not just the two you seem to continually have a problem with.

not taking sides at all but im not always a supporter of unelected committees, this committee you speak of is never elected by anyone and only ever changes if someone leaves the panel(still plenty of of good lads involved). its also not really a committee as such they are player reps, a buffer between player/manager and player/ county board.

johnneycool

Quote from: Gizzy15 on April 30, 2014, 09:57:58 AM

saying that!!!

not taking sides at all but im not always a supporter of unelected committees, this committee you speak of is never elected by anyone and only ever changes if someone leaves the panel(still plenty of of good lads involved). its also not really a committee as such they are player reps, a buffer between player/manager and player/ county board.

What would the remit of this players committee be?

NAG1

Quote from: johnneycool on April 30, 2014, 11:52:34 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on April 30, 2014, 09:57:58 AM

saying that!!!

What would the remit of this players committee be?

Lads this is a total non story invented largely by a player who never has or never will commit to the county cause.
That is his choice of course, but there is no limelight to be had sitting quietly behind the scenes.

Kevin Ryan wants to run the ship which ever way he wants and as the manager that is his decision. If players can't, won't or he determines lack the attitude or commitment then they wont be part of his plans.

As a manager I would rather go down fighting with 15 men who were fully behind me and the ethos of the team, than have a larger squad with a few people who dont really 'want' it as much. But hey that's just me.

Seamroga in exile

It wasn't invented and it's not pertaining to whom you are presuming it is.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 30, 2014, 12:40:45 PM

I have a fair idea who it is pertaining to, but it is being perpetuated by the person I referred too in my post, for no other reason than the one I also alluded too.

I was just making a point, not going to get drawn into a slanging match over a non-event.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 30, 2014, 12:40:45 PM

Is your  ambitions to put negative spin on KR so great that your prepared to make a dik of yourself because  that's what happening
Doesn't seem to anyway on here how cares who is influencing who with player selection
You never answered my only question relevant to this subject
Why is young mc faddden hurling for antrim if there is such an aversion to LG from inside the set up
Change the record your really starting to bore everyone 
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

I knew it wouldn't be long until you reverted to type with the personal insults. You'd need to ask Clyde that. Apart from Chrissy I don't believe anyone else from lg was asked back to the county panel.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 30, 2014, 02:06:36 PM
I knew it wouldn't be long until you reverted to type with the personal insults. You'd need to ask Clyde that. Apart from Chrissy I don't believe anyone else from lg was asked back to the county panel.

Think of the advantage that gives you in the 'Drive for Five' SIE  ;)

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 30, 2014, 06:08:11 AM
It seems I'm out of place on here when showing concern about how our county team is being run.
.... Again, I hope I'm proved wrong and Antrim get to at least the quarter final.

;D
Yes of course that's your motivation for posting. Isn't it plain for everyone to see  ::)

In EVERY county up and down the land there are disgruntled "supporters" and uncommitted talents who will find every reason to justify themselves to suit their own ends. Like every other county, we've moved on without them. 

The players who have committed are responding positively to KR and his demands. They all demand our respect for their efforts. In the medium to long term his approach (if we have the guts to stick to it) will pay dividends, so lets not get caught up in the divisive personality battles that SIE wants to drag us into.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on April 30, 2014, 02:10:08 PM

Indeed. And if we achieve it, (the dall early favourites) surely people will start asking why there's only one outfield player from Loughgiel playing for Antrim.  ;)

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 30, 2014, 02:22:39 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 30, 2014, 02:10:08 PM

Indeed. And if we achieve it, (the dall early favourites) surely people will start asking why there's only one outfield player from Loughgiel playing for Antrim.  ;)

All of them 'inside' the parish boundary no doubt  :D

Seamroga in exile

Powerful lot of mind readers on here. Some seem to know me better than myself.   :P