Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

How many scores did Shiels finish with?

theskull1

ANTRIM: C O'Connell; O McFadden, C McKinley, CiarĂ¡n Johnson; E Campbell (0-2), N McAuley, N McManus (0-1); D Hamill (0-1), B McFall; C Carson, P Shiels (0-12, ten frees), S Beatty; C Clarke (0-3), M Donnelly, PJ O Connell (0-3). Subs: A Graffin for S Beatty, C McCann for M Donnelly, S McCrory for B McFall, S McAfee for C Carson, N McKenna (0-1) for D Hamill.

WESTMEATH: P Collins; K Duncan, T Doyle, L Varley, G Greville, A Craig, T Gallagher; C Curley (0-2), E Price (0-3, two frees); R Greville, A Devine, D Gavin, N Conaty, D McNicholas (2-1), N O'Brien (0-5, four frees). Subs: A Clarke for N Conaty, D Lynch for D Gavin.
Referee: F Horgan (Tipperary)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Did you hear the one about the ex county superstar having a conversation with a parody account on twitter about the current set up... His nickname is true after all!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: theskull1 on April 28, 2014, 10:44:15 AM
Quote from: hardstation on April 28, 2014, 10:28:40 AM
We were very poor for a lot of that game. Just seemed flat and were lucky that they went to 13.
First one for two yellows was harsh. Ref was dishing cards out for very little. I didn't see what exactly happened for the second one.
Shorty and our two corner men were good. That short puckout caper needs put to bed. We fcuked up every one of them.
A win is a win but we'd need to improve on that big time.

We're obviously lacking in the stickwork and trust needed to do it right and you can sense the old school thinking of the crowd created a nervousness about doing it. The better teams have it in their toolbox though to draw teams out the pitch...I think we need to persevere with it

I have to agree with Skull that I think we have to have it as an option to keep the opposition honest - although I am usually the first to be roaring "drive it long" at the first sign it isn't working!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 28, 2014, 02:22:12 PM
Did you hear the one about the ex county superstar having a conversation with a parody account on twitter about the current set up... His nickname is true after all!
winker? Some goings on behind the scenes all the same. Laughable.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

paddyjohn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 28, 2014, 03:39:27 PM

Maybe so, I don't know the ins and outs.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 28, 2014, 05:03:22 PM

a certain player (not Watson) and KR met and he was asked to attend applegreen. He was then texted three hours later and told that after consulting two senior players and members of the backroom team that he was no longer required to attend. The members and officials of loughgiel gac are not amused to say the least. It won't go away ya know.  ;)

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 28, 2014, 05:16:24 PM

a certain player (not Watson) and KR met and he was asked to attend applegreen. He was then texted three hours later and told that after consulting two senior players and members of the backroom team that he was no longer required to attend. The members and officials of loughgiel gac are not amused to say the least. It won't go away ya know.  ;)

And so it goes on - and on - and on - and..........

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 28, 2014, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 28, 2014, 05:16:24 PM

And so it goes on - and on - and on - and..........

This sounds a bit suspect, the only player anyone on the team should have a problem with you have mentioned. LG a big parinoid here. Sure isn't young mc faddden on the team with no issues
There's only a couple of other LG lads that anyone would have a problem with and there not up to county standard anyway. The rest of the LG lads come across as sound on and of the pitch
I think ill file this story with the one about watson going to Dublin in BS cabinet till I hear otherwise
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Apparently his presence would "upset the harmony within the squad". Which is nonsense as the fella in question is as sound as they come. But anyway, it's not over and done with yet.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: mickey80 on April 29, 2014, 10:43:03 AM
Just say who it is and why it isn't over yet instead of trying to be dramatic about it all.
it'll come out soon enough.

btdtgtt

Antrim GAA : channel 5 soap opera.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 29, 2014, 09:44:11 AM
Apparently his presence would "upset the harmony within the squad". Which is nonsense as the fella in question is as sound as they come. But anyway, it's not over and done with yet.

Maybe it's all the lambasting of antrim from LG previously and a lot of  berating by you of KR about trivial things like what he thinks of a round robin series
I have no strong feelings on it but his point of why Wexford and offally didn't have to compete when Laois and antrim either beat them or ran them close holds some substance and shouldn't be classed as gurning
Throw the watson twitter show into the mix and I get the feeling the problems with LG and not antrim
Imm glad young mc faddden is on the the panel and hurling well as it kinda dismisses all these we are being excluded rants

KR seems like a good hurling man and is keen to improve county standards as much as he can
I think this smear campaign hasn't gained any credibility and won't
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

SIE has been trying to smear what Kevin Ryan has been trying to do for some time now.

Having met and chatted to him a few time I view him as fine hurling man who knows his own mind and speaks it in a very straight forward plain speaking unoffensive way. He expects commitment and has zero time for pandering which I find a very admirable quality. I see no back doors in the man and why should there be?

SIE is being very introspective and disingenuous with his comments on here. Suits you sir

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

The lambasting was not of "Antrim" but of some very peculiar goings on behind the closed doors of power within the Antrim hurling set up. I'm posting what I know to be happening. Facts are facts Whether you like them or not. But no matter. Onwards and upwards. Eh?