Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keep her low this half

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 16, 2014, 05:24:16 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2014, 05:11:45 PM
I only brought up what was said to me. Please point out anywhere where I've said any player should be selected to the Antrim panel.  ;) apart from shay Casey and Kevin mcquillan a couple of years ago I haven't.

You're falling into the trap of thinking I posted a thing when I've actually never posted it. Sorry.  :)

Your always bringing up the same subject, one that has been flogged to death on here but you don't stop there you start slatting one cushendall player and to suggest he had bad game today And shouldn't be on the panel is idiotic
Then you move on to kevin Ryan. The whole thing is getting very tedious to say the least
Your bang out of order
Antrim are having the usual struggle in 1 B but this is nothing new but there are signs of some promise
Young johnston looks the business, other plasters worth a mention are Campbell,  stogie, neil mc auley, Barry mc fall till he went of injured even big Carson starting to use his size a bit
There support play is improving every match also so it's not all doom and gloom( well not any more than normal anyway)

Keep your flogged to death inaccurate propaganda to yourself and then the subject might turn to the match itself

Good post, pretty positive all round today and light years better than the wexford match. |I still do not like Ryans tactic of bringing on a sub then taking him off, young McGreevy today, Matty Donnelly against wexford. McGreevy only got about 15 minutes, he may have been injured but i did not see anything. The support play is improving but still has a way to go, particularly players running beyond the full forward, There is no point using a target men unless runners run off him when he wins the ball. Young woody was excellent and held it all together at the back ably helped by one of the Johnstons.

brendanbelfast

You cannot suggest in seriousness that Neil should not start - he had a very strong, intelligent game today. I certainly left today's game in much better spirits than the Wexford game. We matched Cork for pace, committment and smart play until the last 10 mins.

12 wides in the first half was the damage. But plenty to build on.

Megaman

I really dont understand why anyone pays attention to SIE's posts.   -   He seems to have a rather large chip on his shoulder and cant get it shifted, but sure whatever keeps him happy.

On the casement thing, it sounds totally ridiculous.

Glensman

Not sure if it was Milltown Row/Bonamargy or another but does anyone have the dates of the all county league fixtures for division 1 and 2 handy? Am guessing the fixtures aren't out yet but just checking dates.

Thanks

Glensman

Quote from: Glensman on February 12, 2014, 10:09:58 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on February 12, 2014, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: Glensman on February 11, 2014, 11:04:05 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on February 11, 2014, 04:41:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 11, 2014, 02:12:29 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 11, 2014, 02:09:48 PM
Anyone know when the league is due to start?

2nd week April? Usually either week before Easter or after, depending on when Easter is

North Antrim clubs have been given the first 9 dates for all county league. They start on 30th March, 2nd round the week after and third round on Easter weekend. North Antrim league starts next weekend and will run up to the start of ACHL and will resume again when ACHL takes a break for Leinster championship. North Antrim teams will be hurling every weekend to mid May, which is great

Do you have these ACHL dates as yet? If so could you stick up?

Is the North Antrim league being played on a Saturday/Sunday? Any fixtures/entrants for it?

Condolences for Loughgiel - a serious shame to have underpeformed on the day but as widely noted they don't owe anyone anything at all. Some team. Think you only know how crucial someone is when they are not there - Jonny Campbell's absence was felt...big time. The experience and leadership he has/shows is immense. Still must only be 30/31.

ACHL Dates:

30th March
5th April
19th or 21st April
10th May
14th May
4th June
11th June
18th June
22nd June

Cheers!

Instead of being lazy I should have just used the search function... Are these set in stone?

Anyone know??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Glensman on March 18, 2014, 10:02:23 AM
Not sure if it was Milltown Row/Bonamargy or another but does anyone have the dates of the all county league fixtures for division 1 and 2 handy? Am guessing the fixtures aren't out yet but just checking dates.

Thanks

Is the first game the 30th of April? We play Ballycran at home, then away to Loughgiel and Ballycastle, home to the Johnnies then away to Portaferry and Dunloy home against Sarsfields away to Cushendall, and finally home to Ballygaget before the league splits
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2014, 10:19:35 AM
Quote from: Glensman on March 18, 2014, 10:02:23 AM

Thanks

Is the first game the 30th of April? We play Ballycran at home, then away to Loughgiel and Ballycastle, home to the Johnnies then away to Portaferry and Dunloy home against Sarsfields away to Cushendall, and finally home to Ballygaget before the league splits

Go through county website to get them, go to fixtures and it will say if no fixtures load use this link   http://www.antrimgaa.net/fixtures2/

or just use this link from here

it has dates for div 2 but not div 1.

I would say most fixtures would be on same dates as 2 and 3.

north_antrim_hound

Social club in casement has made front page in antrim post
Sorry state of affairs what a mess
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Bonamargy

The first week of ACHL is now knocked back to 6th April because Antrim are now involved in the relegation playoff.

imtommygunn

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 18, 2014, 01:21:48 PM

Have they quoted HS?? ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 18, 2014, 01:34:49 PM

Have they quoted HS?? ;)

No I think he he used to many expletives for public print
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 18, 2014, 01:36:32 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 18, 2014, 01:34:49 PM

Have they quoted HS?? ;)

No I think he he used to many expletives for public print

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGXeF8YlEgw

Yeah...some people just can't control themselves  ;D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

One for the parody account - Antrim play Offaly this weekend in the league - and already they've been fixed to play each other again the following week in the relegation play-off!

Who was it dared to say the county season is too drawn out?

This is really laughable.

And the icing on the cake is that regardless of the results of both matches - the bottom team gets another play-off.

And while all this irrelevant parade is played out the vast majority of hurlers have their club games juggled around.

So it all countinues again and we go round in circles leaving everyone dizzy and going nowhere.

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 20, 2014, 07:51:44 PM
One for the parody account - Antrim play Offaly this weekend in the league - and already they've been fixed to play each other again the following week in the relegation play-off!

Who was it dared to say the county season is too drawn out?

This is really laughable.

And the icing on the cake is that regardless of the results of both matches - the bottom team gets another play-off.

And while all this irrelevant parade is played out the vast majority of hurlers have their club games juggled around.

So it all continues again and we go round in circles leaving everyone dizzy and going nowhere.

Well who'd have thought Antrim and Offaly would have been bottom come the last round of fixtures.

More importantly Antrim will have a home venue come the relegation play off and then the losers will have to play the winners of Div2A, not sure why there's not direct promotion/relegation, but a nice safety net all the same.

btdtgtt

I would say its a hopelessly drawn out safety net!

Getting relegated is becoming a hard job - although its the contempt for club fixtures while the whole process labours out that bothers me.

Some atmosphere in Offaly this weekend - no matter what happens we meet again next week and its more important than the this meaningless game?!