Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Wasn't at it. Dont even no the Antrim line up.  But I believe Dublin had decent team out.  1 point victory.  Nice win pre season.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

RefForFee

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 16, 2013, 05:28:46 PM
Wasn't at it. Dont even no the Antrim line up.  But I believe Dublin had decent team out.  1 point victory.  Nice win pre season.
0-18 to 2-11 Antrim win.  And they(DUBLIN) do have some 'Serious Hurlers'.  ;)
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Sleeping giant

CitySlicker11

Anyone know what Antrim's team was yesterday?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on December 16, 2013, 08:02:02 PM
Anyone know what Antrim's team was yesterday?
C Heyden CMcKinley E Campbell MBradley AGraffin N McAuley P Shiels BMcFall J McGreevy PjO'Connell C Carson NMcKenna D McKernan N McManus D Hamill
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

What club is the goalkeeper from?

Flutehook

Dublin's line up was a mix of last season's extended panel and some young lads who did well in County SHC. Team (as best as I could discern); S Chester (Craobh Chiaráin), S Timlin (Cuala), C O'Callaghan (Cuala), J Dougan (Crokes), M McCaffrey* (Lucan), P Schutte (Cuala), C Crummy (Lucan), K Byrne (Crumlin), M Quilty (Na Fianna), R Mahon (Craobh), B Connolly (Cuala), S Ryan (Crumlin), M Schutte (Cuala), S McGrath (Crokes), P Winters (St Brigids).

* Matthew is younger brother of Johnny 

Antrim were very tidy and worked a possession and support game well, especially into the strong wind that they played against in the first half, it was like watching Davy's Clare at times!  They threw over some nice points as well and the two wing backs, Shorty in particular, dominated their immediate opponents. Our rookie CHF had a good first half on McAuley but faded after that. Antrim tried to leave McManus one-on-one but Cian O'Callaghan (2011 Minor) coped admirably most of the time. In the second half McManus was left in FF but stuggled with the 100 mph balls coming in towards him with the wind; he was then moved out to CHF with about 10-15 mins left and imposed himself on the game from there with some nice passes and long range points.

We got two goals in second half from M Schutte and D Tracey (second half sub) that were worryingly similar from an Antrim point of view in that they involved lone Dubs easily running/bursting through 3 or 4 defenders and shooting unchallenged. A good work out for both teams.

imtommygunn

Goalie just announced college all star from cushendall if i'm right??

Who's bradley? I think i know the rest.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Flutehook on December 16, 2013, 09:49:01 PM

Dublin's line up was a mix of last season's extended panel and some young lads who did well in County SHC. Team (as best as I could discern); S Chester (Craobh Chiaráin), S Timlin (Cuala), C O'Callaghan (Cuala), J Dougan (Crokes), M McCaffrey* (Lucan), P Schutte (Cuala), C Crummy (Lucan), K Byrne (Crumlin), M Quilty (Na Fianna), R Mahon (Craobh), B Connolly (Cuala), S Ryan (Crumlin), M Schutte (Cuala), S McGrath (Crokes), P Winters (St Brigids).

Antrim were very tidy and worked a possession and support game well, especially into the strong wind that they played against in the first half, it was like watching Davy's Clare at times!  They threw over some nice points as well and the two wing backs, Shorty in particular, dominated their immediate opponents. Our rookie CHF had a good first half on McAuley but faded after that. Antrim tried to leave McManus one-on-one but Cian O'Callaghan (2011 Minor) coped admirably most of the time. In the second half McManus was left in FF but stuggled with the 100 mph balls coming in towards him with the wind; he was then moved out to CHF with about 10-15 mins left and imposed himself on the game from there with some nice passes and long range points.

We got two goals in second half from M Schutte and D Tracey (second half sub) that were worryingly similar from an Antrim point of view in that they involved lone Dubs easily running/bursting through 3 or 4 defenders and shooting unchallenged. A good work out for both teams.

Thanks for the report,
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

RefForFee

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 16, 2013, 10:05:16 PM
Quote from: Flutehook on December 16, 2013, 09:49:01 PM

Thanks for the report,
Even more worrying, we did not put any in the onion bag, we need a few 'Serious Hurlers' to do that  ;)
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 16, 2013, 05:17:28 PM
We obviously do.  Both lads are still hurling.  Just not around home,  so I don't think they find themselves in the "couldn't step up" bracket.   I was trying to put across that they were very talented hurlers, minor and also any time I came across them at U21 or senior. And are a miss to St Johns and possibly knocker being a miss to Antrim.   out of bed on the wrong side nag?  Or just can't agree with a loughgiel man.

No nothing of the sort, just took a bit of exception to your description, as it is different to mine, differing opinions. I know both players well having watched them quite a bit and dont want to run them down, but both would have been decent clubs hurlers and thats it. Fanciful in the extreme to think either was county standard.

btdtgtt

In fairness I dont think either of those hurlers would consider themselves to be anywhere near county standard.

If they came home right now both would have a bit of work to do to regain their place on the Johnnies senior teams.

As I've said before - all Belfast clubs know only too well that even a superstar minor may never make senior.

And that's where they're counted.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 16, 2013, 02:47:31 PM
Both played as much senior hurling as say.   Ryan mc Cambridge or a number of your young up and coming hurlers.    doesn't take away from the fact that there extremely talented,  Or serious hurlers.   your being thick now.
so your lads are average until they prove different.  My OPINION on Liam knocker still stands the same   wasn't looking shot over it.  What Nag says goes  ;D  sorry

NAG1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 17, 2013, 09:58:33 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 16, 2013, 02:47:31 PM
Both played as much senior hurling as say.   Ryan mc Cambridge or a number of your young up and coming hurlers.    doesn't take away from the fact that there extremely talented,  Or serious hurlers.   your being thick now.
so your lads are average until they prove different.  My OPINION on Liam knocker still stands the same   wasn't looking shot over it.  What Nag says goes  ;D  sorry

SG dead on, it is a discussion board and you are welcome to you opinions.

I stated mine and that is it.

Sleeping giant

Ok.   so were friends :D