Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fra1971

Nobody said you'd be favouring teams but when you come out with comments about clubs or players it will get their backs up and go again you.

fix away at games, i dont have any allegiances anyhow, not really.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 13, 2013, 05:07:01 PM
Nobody said you'd be favouring teams but when you come out with comments about clubs or players it will get their backs up and go again you.

fix away at games, i dont have any allegiances anyhow, not really.

So if no one is saying I'm favouring teams then whats the problem? Teams are beat by other teams they are not beat by the referee. Back up a statement with some fact why don't you

So are you (who's hiding behind a keyboard) claiming I'm fixing games? Wally. Most people who have played will have opinions about clubs, there are many clubs I like sometimes I don't like my own club but I'll not get into that ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fra1971

That last comment was a joke obviously!

Are you going to start name calling?

I bumped a quote on the football section where you said young Nugent was not a 'cultured' footballer. Now, thats a referee talking about a 17 year old lad.

saffron89

SIE is there only one boy at that standard for the shamrocks ????????????/  just a little surprised so few from such a big club

Hirty Darry

Quote from: saffron89 on September 13, 2013, 07:27:36 PM
SIE is there only one boy at that standard for the shamrocks ????????????/  just a little surprised so few from such a big club

He'll come back to you once he asks someone!

Jeepers Creepers

On behalf of everyone at chateau Jeepers Creepers, I would like to wish the u-21s' all the best for their AI final tomorrow.

ruairi

good luck to all the u21s tomorrow.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 13, 2013, 04:55:36 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2013, 04:34:13 PM
He has already stated that he's not involved in any of the semis. So what's the problem? He's entitled to an  opinion as much as any other keyboard warrior.  ;)

There is no problem.

MR2 is not officiating in the game I gave an example of  ....  end of

My original statement read ...

"In my opinion, match officials should not be making personal comments on games before they happen."

Is this not a fair comment?

Perhaps this is restricting MR2's progress as a ref - I have actually done him a favour by highlighting this.

No gossip from any of your informants this week SIE?
No.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

I'd think that's about  the best panel we've got going on the past couple of years. Yes there are arguments for other players, but other clubs would have similar positions about some of their players. Go with the personnel that got them there.

I'd like to reiterate all the positive messages that have been posted here. Good luck to you all. I can't get there tomorrow but I'll be glued to TG4.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 13, 2013, 07:30:41 PM

and what club are you a member of HD?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fra1971 on September 13, 2013, 05:15:11 PM
That last comment was a joke obviously!

Are you going to start name calling?

I bumped a quote on the football section where you said young Nugent was not a 'cultured' footballer. Now, thats a referee talking about a 17 year old lad.

What's your point? I watched the game and had an opinion. I've known and played against his Da since under 12 so I'd say the same thing to him, it's my opinion. You don't like it? Fine. I wasn't negative, I just said he wasn't a 'cultured' player in my view from what I seen on the night, I'm confused with your point of me being a referee with a point of view.

What you're saying is anyone who is a position of umpiring/refereeing/linesman or CCC can't have a view. Have you read the Antrim guestbook? have you read newspapers when managers/referees and other officials have put their views across. Get a grip ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2013, 10:30:50 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 13, 2013, 07:30:41 PM

and what club are you a member of HD?

WUM's don't have any clubs, they have been away for a while but have come back it seems. Can't resist then go mental and get barred.

Fairhead

Really looking forward to the occasion tomorrow. We don't get to them too often so hopefully theres a big support there and the team keeps going to the very end no matter the score. Its a massive task against this Clare team. They ripped Tipp a new one in the Munster final and tore Galway apart in the 2nd half of the semi. For me its not actually about the result tomorrow its what the knock on effect will be. Hopefully theres kids going down on buses who might not be massive hurling fans but they go back after tomorrow and start to play more. We hopefully then see more adults getting involved at underage level in clubs and maybe our county board will actually avoid fixture clashes in future years!!!

Best of luck to the team tomorrow!

saffron89

quite possible the saffs are facing one of the best u21 teams in the history of the competition

I just hope we give a good account of ourselves and if we can keep it low scoring all the better

one thing I can't wait to experience is the antrim support.  here there are a lot of buses goin to it

I shall be heading with a group of lads in the car as could be a while before we are in another one

though I hope not

theskull1

Quote from: Fairhead on September 13, 2013, 11:09:38 PM
Really looking forward to the occasion tomorrow. We don't get to them too often so hopefully theres a big support there and the team keeps going to the very end no matter the score. Its a massive task against this Clare team. They ripped Tipp a new one in the Munster final and tore Galway apart in the 2nd half of the semi. For me its not actually about the result tomorrow its what the knock on effect will be. Hopefully theres kids going down on buses who might not be massive hurling fans but they go back after tomorrow and start to play more. We hopefully then see more adults getting involved at underage level in clubs and maybe our county board will actually avoid fixture clashes in future years!!!

Best of luck to the team tomorrow!

Youre dreaming Fairhead. Apathy in a large portion of the hurling population is thriving. Sadly, "leave it to someone else to do it" is the motto for too many. Fair play to the men that pushed on regardless and have helped get these lads to this day

Not many young kids will get there due to the distance I'd say
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera