Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hirty Darry

Very touchy MR2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :'(

Hirty Darry

P.S Ballon means : the physical lightness and strength that increases a dancer's elevation  ???

Does any one else agree with my view that match officials making comments about the results of games (that they could potentially be officiating in) is wrong or am I on my own on this one?

manballandall

On your own ya balloon

NAG1

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 13, 2013, 01:13:44 PM
P.S Ballon means : the physical lightness and strength that increases a dancer's elevation  ???

Does any one else agree with my view that match officials making comments about the results of games (that they could potentially be officiating in) is wrong or am I on my own on this one?

So you think that no official goes into a game thinking one side will win or lose?

As long as they dont have money on the outcome then they are allowed and opinion and if they want to express said opinion on a 'discussion' board then fair play.

PS It will be a while before we have to worry about MR2 officiating any of these big games anyway  ;D

Hirty Darry

Quote from: NAG1 on September 13, 2013, 01:23:09 PM
Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 13, 2013, 01:13:44 PM

So you think that no official goes into a game thinking one side will win or lose?

As long as they dont have money on the outcome then they are allowed and opinion and if they want to express said opinion on a 'discussion' board then fair play.

PS It will be a while before we have to worry about MR2 officiating any of these big games anyway  ;D

Thinking it and putting in it writing on a discussion board, when your identity is known,  is two different things ...

Hirty Darry

Quote from: manballandall on September 13, 2013, 01:21:12 PM
On your own ya balloon

At least someone from St Galls can spell

Fra1971

Are you boys for real? Of course hirty darry is correct here - no ref should be publicly stating his predictions for games nor in fact should he say anything derogatory about any team or player in a public forum. Outside of Social Media to friends or family is fair enough. If I saw a comment about my team by a referee and went out next week to see him officiating I would not be best pleased.

theskull1

Just because you say "of course", of course doesn't mean you're right. The mans giving opinions on games he's no influence over
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Is the guy not allowed an opinion because he's a ref??

As skull says what difference does it make if he's not involved. Fair enough if he is involved but he's not.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2013, 03:50:46 PM
Is the guy not allowed an opinion because he's a ref?? -

As skull says what difference does it make if he's not involved. Fair enough if he is involved but he's not.

So that's a round about way of saying that if he was involved it would make a difference.

I only used that one particular game as an example (a division 4 game would have perhaps been more realistic)

It could well be the case that MR2 could make a comment about any game, with the potential he could be appointed to official in some capacity in that game - does that not leave him open?

Seamroga in exile

He has already stated that he's not involved in any of the semis. So what's the problem? He's entitled to an  opinion as much as any other keyboard warrior.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

We all have preconceptions about things e.g who will win this game / that game etc

All refs will have them to some degree.

If they articulate them in game they are involved in then that could mean someone may read/hear that and consture some bias if they're beaten.

If they're not involved then they can have no bearing on anything so what is the big deal?

Yes it would be a bad idea for a ref to make comments on a game he's involved in before it but that's neither here nor there as he's not involved!!

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 13, 2013, 04:34:13 PM
He has already stated that he's not involved in any of the semis. So what's the problem? He's entitled to an  opinion as much as any other keyboard warrior.  ;)

There is no problem.

MR2 is not officiating in the game I gave an example of  ....  end of

My original statement read ...

"In my opinion, match officials should not be making personal comments on games before they happen."

Is this not a fair comment?

Perhaps this is restricting MR2's progress as a ref - I have actually done him a favour by highlighting this.

No gossip from any of your informants this week SIE?

Fra1971

Have a read through his posts and he talks about players in various games for various clubs. He is of course entitled to his opinion but in a public forum where his identity as a ref is known?? Wise up fellas. Sure he is causing friction before he takes the field.

i am only a recent blow in to belfast but i hear a former ref (but hes still officiating) is under investigation for his twitter musings during games while umpiring.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 13, 2013, 04:26:51 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2013, 03:50:46 PM
Is the guy not allowed an opinion because he's a ref?? -

So that's a round about way of saying that if he was involved it would make a difference.

I only used that one particular game as an example (a division 4 game would have perhaps been more realistic)

It could well be the case that MR2 could make a comment about any game, with the potential he could be appointed to official in some capacity in that game - does that not leave him open?

For all I know you could be an official.

This is a nonsense ffs!! Are you for real or on the wind up? I couldn't care less who wins these matches, I won't be refereeing my own (unless no referee turns up and we win the toss) team, and the outcome of these games will have no bearing on my club. Anyone who thinks that any of the referees go out and not have an idea as to who'll win the match is deluded ffs.

As for div 4 games dirty, I haven't had the pleasure of doing any this year, div 2 mainly with 3 div one games and before the game started I had an idea who was going to win :o

As for my progress what are you on about? Fra and what crap are you talking about? I'm finding all the attention amusing to say the least, no one has said anything to me other than give me games in both hurling and football to referee, in fact I'm out next weekend, I wonder who'll win.......

I'll give you another prediction, Loughgiel will beat Ballycastle by 10 points and the final will be in Ballycastle, Mystic Meg me ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea