Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcquillans supporter

Think Ballycastle v lgiel match will b close, hopefully will go our way, how can Ballycastle b favourites if u look at bookies lgiel r 5/6 to win championship cdall 5/2 Dunloy 9/2 and the town 13/2 not bad considering at one stage we were neary 20/1 with some bookies .

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 11, 2013, 03:49:39 PM
I honestly think Ballycastle will beat Loughgiel. Firstly it must be tough to keep players motivated after winning 3 in a row and an All Ireland. I might get abuse for saying this but I don't think Loughgiel have taken the Antrim competitions seriously, they have played fella's out of position, given guys time off and played loads of reserve hurlers in senior games. PJ was interviewed on the Hogan Stand web site and he is already talking about winning another All Ireland. I think they have started to take winning Antrim and Ulster for granted. Ballycastle have already beaten and drawn with them this year, I think they are starting to look good. If Clarke, Mc Afee & Mc Caughan stand up and perform along with Neil Mc Auley they'll be hard to stop.
playing lads out of position,giving some young lads a chance and resting lads.  Hardly not taking it serious JJ.  If that's the case yourselves can't be taking it overly serious.  A load of young lads in,   As for outcome. Am going ourselves by 8. Dunloy by 1. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

playwiththewind1st

[/quote]galls to win by 1 point. 4-3.
[/quote]

The days of the 1-0 win can't be far off then.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2013, 04:03:36 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on September 11, 2013, 03:49:39 PM
I honestly think Ballycastle will beat Loughgiel. Firstly it must be tough to keep players motivated after winning 3 in a row and an All Ireland. I might get abuse for saying this but I don't think Loughgiel have taken the Antrim competitions seriously, they have played fella's out of position, given guys time off and played loads of reserve hurlers in senior games. PJ was interviewed on the Hogan Stand web site and he is already talking about winning another All Ireland. I think they have started to take winning Antrim and Ulster for granted. Ballycastle have already beaten and drawn with them this year, I think they are starting to look good. If Clarke, Mc Afee & Mc Caughan stand up and perform along with Neil Mc Auley they'll be hard to stop.

They are sitting on 27 points, not bad when you are playing players out of position and reserves. They have every right to speak of All Irelands, they have been there recently and winning Antrim more or less gives you 60 minutes from playing in Croke Park. So for that every team that has a good chance of winning Antrim can talk about All Ireland glory
I'm glad you quoted this MR2 as I've a bit of an issue with how out of context PJ was quoted  by JJ. JJ's original post seems to have been somewhat edited/deleted. PJ actually stated in the last paragraph of his interview that all he was thinking about was winning the Antrim championship:

http://www.hoganstand.com/Antrim/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=199920

"It was a massive achievement winning the All-Ireland. We have our mind set now on retaining the Antrim Championship because if you win that, everything sort of snowballs from there."
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2013, 05:51:44 PM

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2013, 04:52:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2013, 04:28:00 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2013, 04:12:04 PM
The players want 4 in a row as bad as they wanted 3. But, I agree, the town must be big favourites. Sure they're the only team to bate us this year. They've been playing well and we haven't . It's not looking good for us.

Fcuk sake, I'm being hounded by say our lads are going to get bate they aren't up to it Cargin are the better team, our lads want the 15 in a row but too many miles on the clock ....... Blah blah

Facts are the Ballycastle will not be winning against Loughgiel, so move on nothing to see here
galls to win by 1 point. 4-3.
I'll take that
oh, I know you would.  ;)

CitySlicker11

Is the final set for Sunday 6th October?

manballandall

Great article today in Irish news by christy o Connor , sums it up perfectly.

Na Glinntí Glasa

loughgiel by 8 in their game, been impressed with the town lately but lgiel have too much in the tank still to give.

our game, i aint calling it at all. nothing at all between us, a 1 point win either way in my opinion.
hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 12, 2013, 12:36:36 PM
loughgiel by 8 in their game, been impressed with the town lately but lgiel have too much in the tank still to give.

our game, i aint calling it at all. nothing at all between us, a 1 point win either way in my opinion.

Not going on recent results  ;)

Leyland

AS regards the semi finals heres my predictions:

Cushendall v Dunloy - will certainly be close. However i just feel that the Dall have a real point to prove after the last few years. McManus and Gradffin are two pivotal players for them and they have a real look of hunger about them. My only concern for them is some of their young lads are light and championship can find you out. But Cushendall by 3.

Ballycastle v Loughgiel - I have to say im delighted with our progress as a team this year, particularly over last 10 weeks. We now have our most committed and talented group in years. Its now about seeing how far we have come. I really think we will put it up to loughgiel, but most likely loughgiel will pull away in last 10. Loughgiel to win by 4.

On another note - the decision to play our game at 2pm on the sunday of All-Ireland football final is mindboggling to say the least. Attendance will be affected big time - especially neutrals

NAG1

Quote from: Leyland on September 12, 2013, 03:03:48 PM
AS regards the semi finals heres my predictions:

Cushendall v Dunloy - will certainly be close. However i just feel that the Dall have a real point to prove after the last few years. McManus and Gradffin are two pivotal players for them and they have a real look of hunger about them. My only concern for them is some of their young lads are light and championship can find you out. But Cushendall by 3.

Ballycastle v Loughgiel - I have to say im delighted with our progress as a team this year, particularly over last 10 weeks. We now have our most committed and talented group in years. Its now about seeing how far we have come. I really think we will put it up to loughgiel, but most likely loughgiel will pull away in last 10. Loughgiel to win by 4.

On another note - the decision to play our game at 2pm on the sunday of All-Ireland football final is mindboggling to say the least. Attendance will be affected big time - especially neutrals

In all honesty had the second semi final been played in Dunloy it would probably have attracted a larger crowd of neutrals, so fixing it down the glen was maybe a realisation that with the football the neutrals attending would have been low anyway.

Milltown Row2

Well done to big Jackie getting the minor B Final. Hearing great reports about the games he's done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

The final is to be played 29th september in Loughgiel or Ballycastle.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 12, 2013, 08:47:56 PM
The final is to be played 29th september in Loughgiel or Ballycastle.

Ballycastle it is then ;)

I'd have thought Dunloy would be in with a shout  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mcquillans supporter

Milltown stick u to ur shitty football