Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

I think it's well overdue for yous JJ. I actually don't mind going to cushendall for this match. Not only plenty of room, it also doesn't take an hour to get out of. I just hope it's a good day as the rain and wind moving in from the Irish Sea can be a big factor there.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Not to mention handy for the pub and certain McCooey caravans!

theskull1

So is there a date for the County Final?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Jesusjones

As far as predictions go with Dall by 2 and Ballycastle by 1.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2013, 10:45:03 PM
Shamrocks to win - but not easily.
All on the day for the other one!

Does anyone feel either venue suits or doesn't suit any team?
Were clubs consulted?
Not mischief making just curious!

Agree with your first prediction - Shamrocks should win but not easily (would be no major shock to see Ballycastle win this - the signs are there)

In my opinion Cushendall will beat Dunloy with a bit to spare. 

I have heard the Shamrocks were influential regarding the dates (apparently they had their own agenda) and Cushendall via "the right channels" secured the second semi-final.  Loughgiel the right venue for the first semi.  I'd have thought Dunloy would have been the ideal choice for the second semi.

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel to win by 10 FFS, Cushendall to scrape home by 1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Nobody knows the date for the final then?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north aontroim gael

Loughgiel and Cushendall both to win by 5+

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hirty Darry on September 11, 2013, 12:41:04 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on September 10, 2013, 10:45:03 PM
Shamrocks to win - but not easily.
All on the day for the other one!

Does anyone feel either venue suits or doesn't suit any team?
Were clubs consulted?
Not mischief making just curious!

Agree with your first prediction - Shamrocks should win but not easily (would be no major shock to see Ballycastle win this - the signs are there)

In my opinion Cushendall will beat Dunloy with a bit to spare. 

I have heard the Shamrocks were influential regarding the dates (apparently they had their own agenda) and Cushendall via "the right channels" secured the second semi-final.  Loughgiel the right venue for the first semi.  I'd have thought Dunloy would have been the ideal choice for the second semi.
So, basically, what you're saying is it's loughgiel's fault?   ::)

Megaman

You must have watched a different Ballycastle to me.

Loughgiel will win by 8 - 10 points

Our game could go either way.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 11, 2013, 03:49:39 PM
I honestly think Ballycastle will beat Loughgiel. Firstly it must be tough to keep players motivated after winning 3 in a row and an All Ireland. I might get abuse for saying this but I don't think Loughgiel have taken the Antrim competitions seriously, they have played fella's out of position, given guys time off and played loads of reserve hurlers in senior games. PJ was interviewed on the Hogan Stand web site and he is already talking about winning another All Ireland. I think they have started to take winning Antrim and Ulster for granted. Ballycastle have already beaten and drawn with them this year, I think they are starting to look good. If Clarke, Mc Afee & Mc Caughan stand up and perform along with Neil Mc Auley they'll be hard to stop.

They are sitting on 27 points, not bad when you are playing players out of position and reserves. They have every right to speak of All Irelands, they have been there recently and winning Antrim more or less gives you 60 minutes from playing in Croke Park. So for that every team that has a good chance of winning Antrim can talk about All Ireland glory
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

The players want 4 in a row as bad as they wanted 3. But, I agree, the town must be big favourites. Sure they're the only team to bate us this year. They've been playing well and we haven't . It's not looking good for us.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2013, 04:12:04 PM
The players want 4 in a row as bad as they wanted 3. But, I agree, the town must be big favourites. Sure they're the only team to bate us this year. They've been playing well and we haven't . It's not looking good for us.

Fcuk sake, I'm being hounded by say our lads are going to get bate they aren't up to it Cargin are the better team, our lads want the 15 in a row but too many miles on the clock ....... Blah blah

Facts are the Ballycastle will not be winning against Loughgiel, so move on nothing to see here

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2013, 04:28:00 PM

Fcuk sake, I'm being hounded by say our lads are going to get bate they aren't up to it Cargin are the better team, our lads want the 15 in a row but too many miles on the clock ....... Blah blah

Facts are the Ballycastle will not be winning against Loughgiel, so move on nothing to see here
galls to win by 1 point. 4-3.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 11, 2013, 04:52:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2013, 04:28:00 PM

galls to win by 1 point. 4-3.
I'll take that