Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: manballandall on September 01, 2013, 07:13:43 PM
Any updates from castle match?

Town just got two quick goals, 2-9 to 0-3, Ballycastle man sent off in first half.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 01, 2013, 05:57:44 PM
That's about the jist of it HS

Two poor games I thought

Dunloy did enough and fair play Rossa for coming out in the second half and putting up a decent fight, as you have said HS they couldn't score for shit against the wind and had a few chances, fought hard in defence but their clearances out of defence put them under more pressure. I think they should have played against the wind in the first half after winning the toss

Johnnies fought hard in the first half but the Dall took their scores far more easier, thought the lad that lines Shane did a fair job, I thought Shane would have had him for pace but there was a lot of high ball going in so its a fifty fifty thing and the Johnnies lad came out with the ball most times.

Yeah Skull poor enough and by the sounds of it Ballycastle seem to be playing well up in Cushendall so they might be coming in with form (only to implode ;), only joking castle posters) Looking forward to the semi's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2013, 07:28:34 PM

Town just got two quick goals, 2-9 to 0-3, Ballycastle man sent off in first half.

That's a big score 3-16 to 0-4
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

hopefully harrys restaurant can save a terrible evening  Just watch the town hammer glenariff in the second half there after a strange first half.  the Cushendall st johns game was never really in doubt, same with dunloy and rossa.  loughgiel against cloughmills the same.

as usual we have to wait to the semi to see decent game

nothing to change my mind

loughgiel v dall final with dall favourites at moment.  ballycastle held by a poor team in first half wonder how loughgiel will deal with them 

Jesusjones

Quote from: saffron89 on September 01, 2013, 08:21:19 PM
hopefully harrys restaurant can save a terrible evening  Just watch the town hammer glenariff in the second half there after a strange first half.  the Cushendall st johns game was never really in doubt, same with dunloy and rossa.  loughgiel against cloughmills the same.

as usual we have to wait to the semi to see decent game

nothing to change my mind

loughgiel v dall final with dall favourites at moment.  ballycastle held by a poor team in first half wonder how loughgiel will deal with them

Please stop this rubbish about Cushendall being favourites, Loughgiel as three in a row champions and All Ireland winners in 2012 are favorites. Just ask the bookies.

pullhard

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2013, 07:28:34 PM

Interesting, who got the line? Will they miss the next game?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Our match was a weird one. Never got going and the wind ruined it. I know some think we won by 9 and it maybe flattered us buy were more than good for it. Keeper saved two good shots in the first half and then we hit the cross bar as well.
Didn't understand Rossa dropping a man back with us leading. Maybe they wanted to shut up shop. Anyway it was job done.

Went to the ballycastle game as well. Poor poor match. Most excitement was the scuffle and red card for a headbutt. Had to go even of both them were wearing helmets. 3 goals in 5 mins killed it off. Wasn't a good game.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 02, 2013, 08:20:26 AM
Our match was a weird one. Never got going and the wind ruined it. I know some think we won by 9 and it maybe flattered us buy were more than good for it. Keeper saved two good shots in the first half and then we hit the cross bar as well.
Didn't understand Rossa dropping a man back with us leading. Maybe they wanted to shut up shop. Anyway it was job done.

Went to the ballycastle game as well. Poor poor match. Most excitement was the scuffle and red card for a headbutt. Had to go even of both them were wearing helmets. 3 goals in 5 mins killed it off. Wasn't a good game.

Never could understand that, punching and headbutting faceguards will take the skin off the hardest knuckles.

theskull1

Its called hollywood tough JC
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

Not sure who the lad was skull. He was no.2. It was a silly red card, rush of blood just. He will prob miss the lgiel game.

Interesting now to see where both games will be an when. Lgiel for our game maybe? And dunloy for the lgiel game? (Yeah I'm being selfish here! )
hurl like f**k boi!

BlackandAmber

Glenariff are a very poor side and for 30 minutes our boys matched them. The sending off was just before half time and was maybe a good thing. It was 7- 3 at half time but the Town scored 3-5 in the first 15 minutes of the second half. Bein down to 14 woke them up and they played really well for those 15 minutes.  Moving McAfee out of midfield to the forwards looks a good move and all the forwards gave Oisins defence a hard time. But if that had been Loughgeil or Cushendall or Dunloy they would bury us by half time.  No complaint about the sending off. It was David Donnelly. Has'nt played much this year. He did get a slap but the ref had give him the free but he lost the head a bit. Mind you I think there was'nt a lot of contact but still the ref had no choice. Thought the ref had a good game and saw the first match too Armoy and Rasharkin. Armoy went to sleep the last 10 minutes but the game was just about won then. Carson reffed that well too.

Mcquillans supporter

Why wouldn't the cdall Dunloy game b in bcastle, better parking and everything for it, but I suppose Dunloy won't want it there cause they have never won a semi final at our grounds.

Jesusjones

We'd be happier in Ballycastle as well  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

jesus we have only played 2 at it. lost one and drew one. we lost more championship games at lgiels ground!

i like lgiels pitch, good atmoshphere at it as well. handy for us for a change! lol
hurl like f**k boi!