Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

@ClubAontroma: Antrim beat Wexford - sound familiar?U14 @TonyForristal tournament. 2.8 to 1.8, and boys thru to semi final. Thanks @oliverlennon updates

Took from twitter. Play either Clare or limerick in the semi final!
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

@ClubAontroma: 13 scores to Antrim to 8 for Clare - but too many goals for them. We lead 3.10 to. 5.3

Nearly over!
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Goal to Clare! 2 down with 4 left!
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Lamh dearg in from against St. Paul's in IHC.
Tight enough game.

btdtgtt

Another goal in 2nd half wins it for Lamh dearg.
Apologies to the north Antrim men who I'm quite sure couldn't care less!

Fairhead

That's very encouraging news about the u14s in the Tony Forristal today. Must be the first time we have got to a semi final of that. Must have some good players and for me that's more important news than the u21s winning last week. As this week has worn on a few people I have talked to have said that last Sat was probably just a freak result but there was something in the back of my mind about the minor q/f of 3 years ago. I checked back to that match of 3 years ago and Dublin only beat Antrim by 8 points. That game was in Crossmaglen and im sure somebody on here will confirm but didn't Antrim compete well in that game until a man was sent off? Maybe this crop are actually better than we have had for a long time which was proven last week. Doesn't mean they will beat Clare though as they are exceptional!

As for tomorrow I think Dunloy and Ballycastle will go through after a fight but I think the biggest fight could be by the Johnnies against C'dall. But maybe a year or two too soon for the Johnnies so C'dall to edge it.

brendanbelfast

You are right, the sending off was a ridiculous decision which in all likelihood cost us that game v Dublin.

It's a pity the U14s didn't get to the final today hit setting that aside, a great performance. Mind you if our development squads continue to do well what will the Irish News say? This doesn't fit with their narrative at all!

Hurler24

On the back of two very strong Cross and Passion and St Marys teams who had won All-Irelands/made the final the Antrim minor team should have turned Dublin.Still convinced Croke Park moved it to Crossmaglen and sent a dodgy referee as it would have looked bad after all the money pumped into Dublns set-up.Antrim had them on the ropes and then Matthew Donnelly was sent off for a very soft foul.

As for senior championship:

Cushendall vs St Johns will be game of the weekend. It doesn't take a great stretch of the imagination to see an upset here
Dunloy and Ballycastle to follow Loughiels example and cruise through.

It will be two superb semi-finals and the most open in years!

Milltown Row2

Carey were the better hurling team by far. Fit and hassled for every ball, give away a few frees so would need to work on that. Your line were giving too many conflicting instructions to the team, would need to have less of that. Id say contenders for it. Have you strength in your squad?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Long run the Faughs

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2013, 09:02:15 AM
Carey were the better hurling team by far. Fit and hassled for every ball, give away a few frees so would need to work on that. Your line were giving too many conflicting instructions to the team, would need to have less of that. Id say contenders for it. Have you strength in your squad?

There are 4 or 5 on the bench who Sean could probably use. Think Tam the trainer got a bit carried away with himself yesterday when our 2 boys got injured and moved a few players into defence which Sean the manager and cubby didn't know about. This resulted in  our only bad spell in the game as we couldnt keep the ball in the forwards. Sean fixed it immediately when he noticed it and the game swung our way again. David Jeffrey (Sean) knows best

Milltown Row2

Only stayed for the first half of the Sarsfields Clooney Gaels game, Sarsfields I noticed were well under strength, no Gazza in the middle and missing young mckeran up front plus no decent subs to put on. Was pretty low scoring in the first half and looking at the result Gaels must have stuck over a right few points in the second half with the breeze. Pj makes them into a decent team

So it's shaping up well, with Lamhs the only Belfast team in it, whats the draw? who gets who in the semis? Could Rasharkin cause a shock against Armoy?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Long run the Faughs

Clooney play Lamh Dhearg. Carey play the winners of Armoy and Rasharkin. Haven't seen Rasharkin but I would imagine Armoy should win handy enough

theskull1

That's about the jist of it HS

Two poor games I thought
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

No outstanding performance yet. Saving the best to last perhaps?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

manballandall

Any updates from castle match?