Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on August 07, 2013, 08:40:57 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 06, 2013, 01:02:44 PM
I'd like it played in Dunloy, that is if the neighbours aren't in final.   Great atmosphere around the ground.   If we don't make final am sure it will be in loughgiel.   Ballycastles pitch would ruin it like someone had said.  Full blown Gale 80% of the time.
agree totally. ive been at 3 games this season at ballycastle and the wind has dominated a half each time ive been there.

Correct me if I am wrong maybe it has turned into legend now, did Dunloy and Loughgiel not toss for home advantage one year in the earlier rounds of the championship with Loughgiel winning and choosing to play it in Dunloy?

btdtgtt

I think the toss of a coin is used commonly in the south.
If the two clubs are happy with it then the county shouldn't stand in the way - providing both grounds are suitable obviously.

Mcquillans supporter

If Ballycastle isn't in the final why wouldn't they get it, sure they won the best ground in ulster and have far better parking facilities than everywhere else, but hopefully the town will b in the final lol

NAG1

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on August 07, 2013, 12:15:45 PM
If Ballycastle isn't in the final why wouldn't they get it, sure they won the best ground in ulster and have far better parking facilities than everywhere else, but hopefully the town will b in the final lol

I hope the town are in the final as well  ;) But the fact remains that while the ground remains great, pitch is decent, car parking is adequate, it is not a championship atmosphere ground. It also does have issues with the wind. Is it fair for two teams to train all year for a county final for it to be played in those types of conditions which are prevalent in Ballycastle.

takeyourpoint

And presumably those windmills in Corkey are powered by..................................???

north aontroim gael

Quote from: takeyourpoint on August 07, 2013, 12:42:40 PM
And presumably those windmills in Corkey are powered by..................................???

Are we really comparing the exposure of Corkey mountain and Fr Healy Park?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: takeyourpoint on August 07, 2013, 12:42:40 PM
you ever been in either ground???????? ???
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on August 07, 2013, 12:15:45 PM
the wind.   Like we've been saying.

takeyourpoint

Sleeping giant, yes I've been in both grounds. Why?

north aontroim gael

The order of preference for Antrim hurling fixtures, as per my understanding is:

1. Casement
2. Loughgiel
3. Ballycastle

Whilst (almost) everyone acknowledges that Ballycaste is far from ideal due to the weather concerns ruining the game I'd say the loser of the Loughgiel v Ballycastle semi final game (barring upsets) will host the final.

north aontroim gael

Takeyourpoint - if your argument is that Loughgiel's pitch is as prevalent to strong winds as Ballycastles then I think you're wrong by quite a distance. 

No one is having a dig at your club, we are merely stating facts that games have a tendency to be severely influenced by the elements at your pitch.

Are there stormy days in Loughgiel, Dunloy, Casement?  Yes, but those pitches are not as exposed.

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 07, 2013, 02:26:02 PM
The order of preference for Antrim hurling fixtures, as per my understanding is:

1. Casement
2. Loughgiel
3. Ballycastle

Whilst (almost) everyone acknowledges that Ballycaste is far from ideal due to the weather concerns ruining the game I'd say the loser of the Loughgiel v Ballycastle semi final game (barring upsets) will host the final.

I would imagine that since it is outside of Casement both clubs would have to be consulted on the choice of county final venue?

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on August 07, 2013, 02:36:30 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 07, 2013, 02:26:02 PM

1. Casement
2. Loughgiel
3. Ballycastle

I would imagine that since it is outside of Casement both clubs would have to be consulted on the choice of county final venue?

You would imagine the views of both clubs being taken board as the logical approach in this scenario.  We are however dealing with the Antrim County Board.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 07, 2013, 02:31:42 PM
Takeyourpoint - if your argument is that Loughgiel's pitch is as prevalent to strong winds as Ballycastles then I think you're wrong by quite a distance. 

No one is having a dig at your club, we are merely stating facts that games have a tendency to be severely influenced by the elements at your pitch.

Are there stormy days in Loughgiel, Dunloy, Casement?  Yes, but those pitches are not as exposed.
+1

Mcquillans supporter

Well I know 1 thing is that if Dunloy get into the final they would kick up a fuss if it was in Ballycastle because they have never win a semi final up here never mind a final, even at that if we get the other semi final Dunloy will prob want it changed , but we all know what county r like so god knows were any of the matches will be.