Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

8 turned out for u21 training at the weekend, Wexford match going to be good craic.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: NAG1 on August 05, 2013, 09:46:24 AM
8 turned out for u21 training at the weekend, Wexford match going to be good craic.

Thats a farce. I would be quite content if we didn't bother entering minor u21 and senior championship inter county. A complete shambles.

theskull1

Apart from being handy for MR, how was LD as a Championship venue on Sunday.? Fair opinions now
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on August 06, 2013, 11:19:56 AM
Apart from being handy for MR, how was LD as a Championship venue on Sunday.? Fair opinions now

The pitch was in great nick, weather was great which helped and was well marshalled. Showers were seriously to hot, would lif your skin but you country lads wouldn't worry about showering ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

Pitch looked fine in my opinion although appeared a bit short.  Very little distance between the two 65's.

The grass bank on one side is good for viewing but I'd say it could be treacherous on a wet day.  No raised bank on the pavilion side not ideal.

My biggest gripe was the fact that they had no scoreboard which is not ideal for a championship game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north aontroim gael on August 06, 2013, 11:30:38 AM
Pitch looked fine in my opinion although appeared a bit short.  Very little distance between the two 65's.

The grass bank on one side is good for viewing but I'd say it could be treacherous on a wet day.  No raised bank on the pavilion side not ideal.

My biggest gripe was the fact that they had no scoreboard which is not ideal for a championship game.

Yeah I think that's important, most banks are treacherous on wet days. the grass was short, extra half inch would have been better (so she says!!lol)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

reckon Ballycastle would be good venue for the final this year as it can take a good crowd with excellent vantage points for vast majority of spectators

and in the unlikely event of the town making the final I would let it go ahead there anyway to give them every advantage

any idea of where final venue is

hopefully not casement

north aontroim gael

Most likely venues are Ballycastle and Loughgiel if not played in Casement.

Given the time of year the hurling final will be played the elements could play a significant factor n the final (particularly it its a stormy day in Ballycastle).  Casement was slightly sheltered from the wind but I have been to quite a few games in Ballycastle which are ruined by the strong wind that blows down the pitch.  You spend one half defending for your life and trying to sneak the odd score and the other half trying to capitalise on the wind advantage.  Loughgiel slightly more sheltered but not as much as Casement.

NAG1

Quote from: saffron89 on August 06, 2013, 11:41:08 AM
reckon Ballycastle would be good venue for the final this year as it can take a good crowd with excellent vantage points for vast majority of spectators

and in the unlikely event of the town making the final I would let it go ahead there anyway to give them every advantage

any idea of where final venue is

hopefully not casement

I would imagine if they are planning the opening matches in LD (my opinion on this already aired) that Casement must be ruled out for the year.

I would say Ballycastle is the logical place for the final but yet again it is another venue that seems to lack a big game atmosphere, also has anyone ever played in it without a breeze blowing across the pitch. Be a shame for two teams to work all year to get to a final for it to be destroyed by a breeze.

north aontroim gael

Personally if Casement is not available I would like to see it in Loughgiel (although I hope this isn't an option as we are in the final) or Dunloy as I think they would be the best venues.

I'd imagine though that it will either be Loughgiel / Ballycastle dependent upon which one gets to the final.

Milltown Row2

Even on the old pitch it blew a gale I've played on the new ones and they are the same. Best venue though in terms of ability to watch game, Dunloy's also in with a shout. Have never really played a match that was blowing a gale in Dunloy

Sleeping giant

I'd like it played in Dunloy, that is if the neighbours aren't in final.   Great atmosphere around the ground.   If we don't make final am sure it will be in loughgiel.   Ballycastles pitch would ruin it like someone had said.  Full blown Gale 80% of the time. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

CitySlicker11

If Loughgiel v Dunloy then in Ballycastle.
If loughgiel v Cushendall then in Dunloy.

btdtgtt

If its not in casement - then a loughgiel vs Dunloy/dall final will be in ballycastle don't think there's any doubt about that.
Unless the teams involved want to toss!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Sleeping giant on August 06, 2013, 01:02:44 PM
I'd like it played in Dunloy, that is if the neighbours aren't in final.   Great atmosphere around the ground.   If we don't make final am sure it will be in loughgiel.   Ballycastles pitch would ruin it like someone had said.  Full blown Gale 80% of the time.
agree totally. ive been at 3 games this season at ballycastle and the wind has dominated a half each time ive been there.
hurl like f**k boi!