Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on July 15, 2013, 10:34:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2013, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 15, 2013, 08:34:58 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on July 12, 2013, 07:24:43 PM
Sounds like some carry on between the town and Dunloy! Two pure hurling sides from my experience!

Did portaferry beat Ballycran Johnny?

Any thoughts on the games this weekend?

Yeah Ports beat the Crans by two, but talking to a Ports legend at the weekend, reckoned the Ballycran fullforward line was as bad as he'd seen from them in years and wouldn't have looked out of place on their thirds teams. Maybe they've a load of lads away on holidays but I'd have expected them to win that one and indeed the one up in Corrigan yesterday as they're the pick of the Ards teams at the minute IMO.

El Magico is off stateside for the summer but we still managed the win up in Rossa yesterday with a decent enough scoreline. A few injuries clearing up, but without the big man we'll struggle to take points up the country. 10 points mightn't be enough in this extended league.

Be plenty Johnney, I wouldn't worry, refereed the reserve game beforehand, thon midfielder is some hurler for his age must be close to 40 and never missed to many and was on the go for 60 minutes. Love seeing that

For our reserves?

Was he a ginger, slightly made up lad?

Rat or something like that being called when he had the ball
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2013, 11:16:27 AM
Sounds like some carry on between the town and Dunloy! Two pure hurling sides from my experience!

Yeah Ports beat the Crans by two, but talking to a Ports legend at the weekend, reckoned the Ballycran fullforward line was as bad as he'd seen from them in years and wouldn't have looked out of place on their thirds teams. Maybe they've a load of lads away on holidays but I'd have expected them to win that one and indeed the one up in Corrigan yesterday as they're the pick of the Ards teams at the minute IMO.

El Magico is off stateside for the summer but we still managed the win up in Rossa yesterday with a decent enough scoreline. A few injuries clearing up, but without the big man we'll struggle to take points up the country. 10 points mightn't be enough in this extended league.

Be plenty Johnney, I wouldn't worry, refereed the reserve game beforehand, thon midfielder is some hurler for his age must be close to 40 and never missed to many and was on the go for 60 minutes. Love seeing that

For our reserves?

Yeah, Paddy (Rat) Coulter, he's only 35 or something like that, had a hard paper round.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on July 15, 2013, 11:23:37 AM

For our reserves?

Yeah, Paddy (Rat) Coulter, he's only 35 or something like that, had a hard paper round.

Aye right, liked a wee moan. Decent young lads on that team for ya's
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2013, 11:48:36 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 15, 2013, 11:23:37 AM

For our reserves?

Aye right, liked a wee moan. Decent young lads on that team for ya's

They'd be even better if the wee bolloxes would put a bit more effort into their game and training.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: black and amber boy on July 14, 2013, 09:57:56 PM
I have been supportive for quite a while now. But after what i watched today cassidy has to get the boot! needs to go back to teaching. He has lost the dressing room. Mickey mc shane seems to be clued in and doing a good job but maybe a change in the management team is needed. debate???

WTF! Cassidy is the trainer. McShane is the manager. what is wrong with their fitness? OK they got tired near the end yesterday but it was hot. If the dressing room was lost they would'nt turn up for training and I hear theis plenty at training nights. No harm but your talkin balls.

CastleCamog

Quote from: BlackandAmber on July 15, 2013, 09:28:15 PM
I have been supportive for quite a while now. But after what i watched today cassidy has to get the boot! needs to go back to teaching. He has lost the dressing room. Mickey mc shane seems to be clued in and doing a good job but maybe a change in the management team is needed. debate???

WTF! Cassidy is the trainer. McShane is the manager. what is wrong with their fitness? OK they got tired near the end yesterday but it was hot. If the dressing room was lost they would'nt turn up for training and I hear theis plenty at training nights. No harm but your talkin balls.

I would question if black and amber boy is in fact a Ballycastle person. If he/she doesn't know the manager/coach set-up by now they've been under a rock for the past few years! Joe & Michael doing gr8 work with our boys and have the utmost respect for them.  Go stir shit in someone else's club u twat!

BlackandAmber

Quote from: CastleCamog on July 15, 2013, 10:59:52 PM

I would question if black and amber boy is in fact a Ballycastle person. If he/she doesn't know the manager/coach set-up by now they've been under a rock for the past few years! Joe & Michael doing gr8 work with our boys and have the utmost respect for them.  Go stir shit in someone else's club u t**t!

never thought of that. Thought maybe Joe might of cuffed his ears at school some time.  ;D

CastleCamog

Quote from: BlackandAmber on July 15, 2013, 11:22:37 PM
Quote from: CastleCamog on July 15, 2013, 10:59:52 PM

I would question if black and amber boy is in fact a Ballycastle person. If he/she doesn't know the manager/coach set-up by now they've been under a rock for the past few years! Joe & Michael doing gr8 work with our boys and have the utmost respect for them.  Go stir shit in someone else's club u t**t!

never thought of that. Thought maybe Joe might of cuffed his ears at school some time.  ;D

There's mileage in that theory too :-)

Na Glinntí Glasa

away to ballycran this sunday, hopefully the weather holds up to make a day out of it! leaves us with just one more trip beyond belfast this year which isnt bad.
hurl like f**k boi!

north aontroim gael

Does anyone know when the Championship starts?  Had a quick look on the County site but couldn't see any fixtures.

btdtgtt

Weekend of 31aug/1sept.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah it runs all through september time.

wheres the finals being played at this year? will it still be casement or is it completly closed after tonights game v Down in the U21 game
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

I think venues will depend on the participants.
Altho I wouldn't be surprised if casement is still untouched by the developers and so still available.

Glensman

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 17, 2013, 11:03:57 AM
Weekend of 31aug/1sept.

Do Loughgiel not play St Galls in the preliminary round at start of August then 1/4s are that last weekend in August???

manballandall

Correct and match is in corrigan